Cedric Benson Joins Packers

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:24 pm

I didn't know that Green Bay needed a RB? I thought they were fine with Ryan Grant.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Cedric Benson Joins Packers

Postby RevanFan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Austinmario wrote:I didn't know that Green Bay needed a RB? I thought they were fine with Ryan Grant.

Ryan Grant isn't on the Packers.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm shocked it took a guy who's had 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons this long to be signed.

He will help the packers a lot, Good move by them
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:09 pm

The Packers never bothered to resign him.
It's okay that you didn't know, because I had no clue that Jim Leonhard was no longer with the Jets until yesterday!! (He's with the Broncos, now.)
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Eh. Fingers still crossed here for us picking up Grant.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 pm

CaptainJ wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Ryan Grant isn't on the Packers.
The Packers never bothered to resign him.
It's okay that you didn't know, because I had no clue that Jim Leonhard was no longer with the Jets until yesterday!! (He's with the Broncos, now.)

Let's just say I kinda knew. I didn't know that Ryan Grant left Packers, but I do think he was fine where he was.

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Word is the Packers haven't been happy with James Starks in camp and he didn't look good in their first preseason game... but I didn't expect this move so quick.

If Benson plays well, Starks may find himself on teh street with Ryan Grant.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:54 pm

AaronS wrote:Word is the Packers haven't been happy with James Starks in camp and he didn't look good in their first preseason game... but I didn't expect this move so quick.

If Benson plays well, Starks may find himself on teh street with Ryan Grant.

?
Benson is in his 30s. Starks is in his 20s. Benson looks like short-term depth to me, and you'd think Alex Green or Brandon Saine would gets snaps over him.
I understand Starks shouldn't be a starter, but I wouldn't want a backfield with Benson, Green, and Saine.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Benson, Green & Saine.. Starks, Green & Saine... neither would strike fear in opponents.

It's such a deep team, the Packers won't keep more than 3 running backs. That may or may not include John Kuhn beacuse the Packers will be shifting to an H-back sooner rather than later, and have 2 on the roster already.

- Green will not get cut. He fits the Packers system perfectly. He's nearly recovered from his knee injury. I doubt they would have brought Benson in if he were 100%.
- Marc Tyler looked good last week, but unless he really shows well in the next few games, the Packers will put him on the Practice Squad.
- Saine hasn't practiced yet due to a hamstring injury, so if he lands on PUP that may buy Starks 6 weeks, but since he's clearly fallen out of favor, safe $$ says Starks is out.

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:58 pm

AaronS wrote:Benson, Green & Saine.. Starks, Green & Saine... neither would strike fear in opponents.

It's such a deep team, the Packers won't keep more than 3 running backs. That may or may not include John Kuhn beacuse the Packers will be shifting to an H-back sooner rather than later, and have 2 on the roster already.

- Green will not get cut. He fits the Packers system perfectly. He's nearly recovered from his knee injury. I doubt they would have brought Benson in if he were 100%.
- Marc Tyler looked good last week, but unless he really shows well in the next few games, the Packers will put him on the Practice Squad.
- Saine hasn't practiced yet due to a hamstring injury, so if he lands on PUP that may buy Starks 6 weeks, but since he's clearly fallen out of favor, safe $$ says Starks is out.

So, you will bet Starks is out? Is he worst then last season?
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Return to “Green Bay Packers”