Jordan Love: "A long way to go"

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:04 am

Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said QB Jordan Love has "a long way to go" in his development. How can that be? Why did they draft him so high using the 1st round 26th pick to get him then?

Are the Packers saying that to appease Aaron Rodgers hoping to get him to stay in Green Bay? Reminder: Rodgers is 37 and may only have a year or two of great football left in him!

How and why does Jordan have such "a long way to go" even after sitting for one full year behind Rodgers learning the offense in Green Bay?

So you mean to tell me that Love, even after sitting and learning from Rodgers for an entire season is no better that any of the new rookies who were drafted a couple weeks ago and slated to be day one starters?

I think it's a slap in the face and disrespect to Jordan Love. And if he's so far away, what's that say about the Green Bay coaching staff's inability to prepare their future QB to jump right in compared to the 2021 class of QB's who have "zero" NFL time watching, studying & learning?

I hope the Packers have the worst season ever and fall out of the relevance picture! What a farse! Go Bears!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Jordan Love: "A long way to go"

Postby achernar » Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 am

Jordan Love was a very raw talent as a prospect (with turnover issues)

"A long way to go" could be the best way to describe his current development

And we all could agreed the Packers made a huge reach with this pick (in terms of value)

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:05 pm

achernar wrote:Jordan Love was a very raw talent as a prospect (with turnover issues)

"A long way to go" could be the best way to describe his current development

And we all could agreed the Packers made a huge reach with this pick (in terms of value)

Raw talent? What do you consider a raw talent or (turnover issues)? NFL QB's Daniel Jones and Sam Darnold have clear turnover issues. What was so very raw about Love now, even after a year of watching & learning? He was no more raw than Trey Lance or Justin Fields as a 1st round pick? Mac Jones only played for one full season as a starter. In college, Love played as red-shirt freshman 12 games. Started last 6 games of the season, didn't stink. Sophomore season, he threw 32 TD with only 6 int's, not bad. MVP of the 2018 New Mexico Bowl.

With Trey Lance and Zac Wilson being pushed as this seasons starters and "zero" time in the NFL, I just don't see the claim "has a long way to go" after a full season of learning as being legit!

As for the Packer's huge reach, most NFL QB's don't play well past their mid 30's at a high level. They, imo were preparing for life after Aaron Rodgers, which is a normal process. Even though Aaron Rodgers is not a normal 37 year old NFL QB.

Like I said, I think the GM is making those claims recently about Jordan because he doesn't want to hurt Rodgers feeling! Also, a few seasons ago before they drafted Love, Rodgers did state that he did want to retire as a Packer. Now, that clearly not the case.

What's worst is that the Packers have recently signed two UDFA's to their team as competition for QB roster spots. I don't think the Packers front office has their stuff together.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri May 14, 2021 11:36 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:What's worst is that the Packers have recently signed two UDFA's to their team as competition for QB roster spots. I don't think the Packers front office has their stuff together.

That's not "competition", that is the definition of "camp bodies" haha. Basically, their plan is Rodgers or bust at this point, if Love really is far from ready.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat May 15, 2021 7:22 am

Aaron Rodgers is just a manipulative whiner who always is seeking attention. For the one superbowl ring he has he gets so much credit for his stats but in my opinion he is way overrated and a terrible playoff choker. He uses the media, coy statements, and former teammates to put out statements about his feelings without being a real man and saying what he believes from his own mouth.

The Packers should trade him for a bunch of future picks and start Love to see if he was worth their draft grade. They would save a lot of money to build out their team, avoid the locker room cancer that Rodgers has become by telling teammates last year "he may not be around next year"....., and move on from all the power grabbing qb trends like the NFL is the NBA.....

Rodgers has disrespected the Packers and his boss (the GM) and in a normal world that kind of move gets your fired/out the door....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:10 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is just a manipulative whiner who always is seeking attention. For the one superbowl ring he has he gets so much credit for his stats but in my opinion he is way overrated and a terrible playoff choker. He uses the media, coy statements, and former teammates to put out statements about his feelings without being a real man and saying what he believes from his own mouth.

The Packers should trade him for a bunch of future picks and start Love to see if he was worth their draft grade, and move on from all the power grabbing qb trends like the NFL is the NBA.....

Rodgers has disrespected the Packers and his boss (the GM) and in a normal world that kind of move gets your fired/out the door....

I agree, Rodgers has only one super bowl ring, he's' great, but highly over rated. He and the packers got to two back-to-back NFC championship games and got dogged both times. In both games, Rodgers stunk up the joints! And he (Rodgers) wants to blame the coach for not giving him that last 4th down attempt against the Bucs, even though Rodgers couldn't make the plays all game to keep pace. Imo, the coach believed the defense could hold the Bucs for one more drive and last minute comeback Instead of relying on Rodgers to make it on that single 4th down play!

Moving forward, why on earth has G.B signed even another QB in Blake Bortles? I don't get it! Is that the best they can do, Bortles? What a joke & what are they thinking? Is Bortles going to replace Rodgers if Rodgers gets traded, or is he the backup to Love whom they claim "has a long way to go"? Blake is the guy??? I hope they fail miserably, Rodgers or not!
I don't know about Love's progress. But the lack of confidence is clear from both GM and HC. As soon as Jordan Love's contract is up, I hope he leave the Packers!

Recently brought in, Kurt Benkert. Blake Bortles, Chad Kelly, Jordan Love & Aaron Rodgers. What a QB room! :roll:

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Mon May 17, 2021 4:53 pm

I agree, Rodgers has only one super bowl ring, he's' great, but highly over rated. He and the packers got to two back-to-back NFC championship games and got dogged both times. In both games, Rodgers stunk up the joints!

Well I guess throwing 33-48 3 TDs and only 1 INT is stinking up the joint.... I can't help they lost that game, but that is not on A-Rods shoulders. The field goal was not Aaron's idea either. Regardless of the incomplete pass on 3rd down (when he might have run) you give the football back to your MVP QB on an offense that did fairly well on 4th down conversions. That half time give up TD by the Packer defense was the main difference maker. I am sick and tired of this Brady vs Rodgers comparison. Put.It.To.Bed. They are both Hall of Famers in their own unique ways. I have a lot more I could say, but in my health condition and current mood today I wouldn't want to get banned....

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:05 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is just a manipulative whiner who always is seeking attention. For the one superbowl ring he has he gets so much credit for his stats but in my opinion he is way overrated and a terrible playoff choker. He uses the media, coy statements, and former teammates to put out statements about his feelings without being a real man and saying what he believes from his own mouth.

The Packers should trade him for a bunch of future picks and start Love to see if he was worth their draft grade, and move on from all the power grabbing qb trends like the NFL is the NBA.....

I agree, Rodgers has only one super bowl ring, he's' great, but highly over rated. He and the packers got to two back-to-back NFC championship games and got dogged both times. In both games, Rodgers stunk up the joints! And he (Rodgers) wants to blame the coach for not giving him that last 4th down attempt against the Bucs, even though Rodgers couldn't make the plays all game to keep pace. Imo, the coach believed the defense could hold the Bucs for one more drive and last minute comeback Instead of relying on Rodgers to make it on that single 4th down play!

Moving forward, why on earth has G.B signed even another QB in Blake Bortles? I don't get it! Is that the best they can do, Bortles? What a joke & what are they thinking? Is Bortles going to replace Rodgers if Rodgers gets traded, or is he the backup to Love whom they claim "has a long way to go"? Blake is the guy??? I hope they fail miserably, Rodgers or not!
I don't know about Love's progress. But the lack of confidence is clear from both GM and HC. As soon as Jordan Love's contract is up, I hope he leave the Packers!

Recently brought in, Kurt Benkert. Blake Bortles, Chad Kelly, Jordan Love & Aaron Rodgers. What a QB room! :roll:

I'm not sure about Love as I haven't really seen him play much even in the preseason as a Packer. I think they should give him a chance. Bortles I agree is washed up and a clipboard holder at best now. The Packers would be better off using the money they throw at Aaron Rodgers to fill out a more complete team, especially on defense as that is an area they are weak in for the past several seasons. Wiser and older QB's feast on the Packers' air defense and they can never stop it. Many will defend Rodgers using the poor defense excuse, yet when the lights get bright he folds like a cheap suit every single time even with great defenses. Aaron Rodgers should retire and stick with state farm commercials. At least he could win at that because as I've said numerous times throughout the years he's not going to win another Superbowl and year after year I am proven correct. Even if he goes to another team he may have success but his selfish me-first attitude/ego will get in the way of building a better team around him. Plus it's always someone else's fault never his....even if he throws an interception it was the wrong route by the receiver or if he fumbles from holding the ball too long it's due to poor protection.....give it a rest stupid media....and stop coddling this weak man. I agree with Terry Bradshaw on Rodgers, if you cannot compete to keep your job then you're not as mentally strong as you pretend.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Put.It.To.Bed. I have a lot more I could say, but in my health condition and current mood today I wouldn't want to get banned....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to see the fire burning Col.T. Please don't get banned! Take it easy! But this conversation was/is genuinely about the comments the Packers GM made about Jordan Love's lack of preparedness even though he's had a year learning and watching behind the HOF'r Rodgers! This ain't about Tom or Aaron's SB success or lack there of!

...And seeing that you'd be better to speak than I on the state of the Packers QB Jordan Love, what say you? Are the GM's claims legit or is he playing fiddle to Rodgers ego?

You guys can open a different topic about the Packers/Rodgers and their future. I'd love to comment and share my football opinion!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Someone, please get Aaron Rodgers a big blankie and a pacifier......I hate it when multimillionaire athletes make a big drama about their feelings or decisions and drag stuff out to get attention like Lebron in 2010......either shut up and play for the Packers or demand/request a trade. Rodgers likes to play mind games/period of silence/half tweets and the media thinks everything he says is so important. Besides being overrated another reason I don't like him as a player is his diva attitude. Save the drama for your mama and play the contract you signed....unless you failed in reading class in grade school you knew damn well it was a 4-year contract back in 2018.

Return to “Green Bay Packers”