Aaron Rodgers

Col. Trautman
MVP

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:37 pm

AaronS wrote:I'm not in a good frame of mind... and have a hard time being objective... but good Lawd, that was a horrendous football game. Probably 1 of the 3 worst I've ever seen.

.. it can't go on like this for McCarthy. I'm no fan of his to put it lightly, but it simply can't go on like this. He doesn't deserve to last to the end of the season if this is what his team is going to give him the rest of the way.

I just love these fair weather fans.... I have seen worse how about the 44-0 shut out by the '85 Bear in Dallas. Dallas was a good team, but sometimes you can't always move the ball well against a good defense. As a matter of fact I am so sick of hearing the "waaaah waaaaah cut McCarthy, cut Capers, cut Thompson" after a loss. Most of the time it is improper execution of the plays by the players. You call yourselves fans, how many of you remember the pre Favre era? Those were some rocky times. Try to remember you can't always win every single game and even sometimes you cant have a winning season. This is 16 weeks with 60 minutes of professional football. The fact that they are still .500 now is great. Last year they were 4-6 at this point. So to quote the great A. Rod: "R-E-L-A-X"

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:
AaronS wrote:I'm not in a good frame of mind... and have a hard time being objective... but good Lawd, that was a horrendous football game. Probably 1 of the 3 worst I've ever seen.

.. it can't go on like this for McCarthy. I'm no fan of his to put it lightly, but it simply can't go on like this. He doesn't deserve to last to the end of the season if this is what his team is going to give him the rest of the way.

I just love these fair weather fans.... I have seen worse how about the 44-0 shut out by the '85 Bear in Dallas. Dallas was a good team, but sometimes you can't always move the ball well against a good defense. As a matter of fact I am so sick of hearing the "waaaah waaaaah cut McCarthy, cut Capers, cut Thompson" after a loss. Most of the time it is improper execution of the plays by the players. You call yourselves fans, how many of you remember the pre Favre era? Those were some rocky times. Try to remember you can't always win every single game and even sometimes you cant have a winning season. This is 16 weeks with 60 minutes of professional football. The fact that they are still .500 now is great. Last year they were 4-6 at this point. So to quote the great A. Rod: "R-E-L-A-X"

I mean he has the right to complain. Thompson never decided to stack up his team to support Rodgers + have some strong points if Rodgers were to go down for a significant period of time, and look what happened. Part of being a good GM is developing depth, and the Packers are almost completely lacking that.

Jeff1959
Rookie

Postby Jeff1959 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:36 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:I mean he has the right to complain. Thompson never decided to stack up his team to support Rodgers + have some strong points if Rodgers were to go down for a significant period of time, and look what happened. Part of being a good GM is developing depth, and the Packers are almost completely lacking that.

As a lifelong Packer fan, I have to agree that we obviously do not have a great deal of talent on the team at this time. What Aaron Roger's injury has demonstrated is that we need a new GM more than anything else. Roger's injury has demonstrated that the only thing that separates us from the Cleveland Browns (sorry Cleveland fans [all three of you]) has been Aaron Rogers. We would more likely be 1-9 if not for Rogers. I expect at best we will finish 6-10, assuming Rogers comes back for the last game; if not, 5-11.

Back up the truck, pack up Thompson and send him to Cleveland. Please!

Jeff

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Agreed. At some point, you've got to admit that saying "Well look what he did 7 years ago" just isn't going to cut it. What they did 7 years ago was good, but they have since wasted 7 years of Aaron Rodgers' career, all of those when he's at his prime. He's 33, and he may or may not pull a Tom Brady and play until forever. But good grief, you have a QB who's going to go to the Hall of Fame, and you're wasting every moment of it. It's cruel having such a good QB and doing nothing with him while at least 3 other teams are perfect EXCEPT for their QBs being chopped liver.

CodebreakerDX
Rookie

Postby CodebreakerDX » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:12 pm

NickyJ wrote:Agreed. At some point, you've got to admit that saying "Well look what he did 7 years ago" just isn't going to cut it. What they did 7 years ago was good, but they have since wasted 7 years of Aaron Rodgers' career, all of those when he's at his prime. He's 33, and he may or may not pull a Tom Brady and play until forever. But good grief, you have a QB who's going to go to the Hall of Fame, and you're wasting every moment of it. It's cruel having such a good QB and doing nothing with him while at least 3 other teams are perfect EXCEPT for their QBs being chopped liver.

I mean, making it to the NFC Championship game twice isn't wasting him in my eyes. but I understand what you mean.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:37 pm

CodebreakerDX wrote:
NickyJ wrote:Agreed. At some point, you've got to admit that saying "Well look what he did 7 years ago" just isn't going to cut it. What they did 7 years ago was good, but they have since wasted 7 years of Aaron Rodgers' career, all of those when he's at his prime. He's 33, and he may or may not pull a Tom Brady and play until forever. But good grief, you have a QB who's going to go to the Hall of Fame, and you're wasting every moment of it. It's cruel having such a good QB and doing nothing with him while at least 3 other teams are perfect EXCEPT for their QBs being chopped liver.

I mean, making it to the NFC Championship game twice isn't wasting him in my eyes. but I understand what you mean.

Yeah, it's not like the Packers haven't had a very good receiving corps and a good offensive line. They just need to fix up their defense with better parts and better coaching and be a little more aggressive in free agency. They have won a Super Bowl with him... but they haven't quite been the dynasty they've wanted to be.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:I just love these fair weather fans.... I have seen worse how about the 44-0 shut out by the '85 Bear in Dallas. Dallas was a good team, but sometimes you can't always move the ball well against a good defense. As a matter of fact I am so sick of hearing the "waaaah waaaaah cut McCarthy, cut Capers, cut Thompson" after a loss. Most of the time it is improper execution of the plays by the players. You call yourselves fans, how many of you remember the pre Favre era? Those were some rocky times. Try to remember you can't always win every single game and even sometimes you cant have a winning season. This is 16 weeks with 60 minutes of professional football. The fact that they are still .500 now is great. Last year they were 4-6 at this point. So to quote the great A. Rod: "R-E-L-A-X"

There is a significant divide between the younger generation and the guys who want to blather on about the olden days, and how tough it was in the 70s and 80s. We're as sick of you as you are of us.

The McCarthy-era has run its course. Time for sweeping changes.... look at last nights game! Another MONUMENTAL ERROR with that FG attempt. Crosby is TERRIBLE from 50+ yards; 50.8% for his career. Terrible. And the career long FG in that building was 53 yards per NBC. So what does Big Mc do? He trots out his kicker for a 57-yarder. GENIUS! DILLY DILLY! Another horrid call and another blown game for the Master of Disaster.

In the attempt of being objective, that is my complaint against McCarthy.

Can you name another coach in the last 30 years that has been out-coached SO severely in big games?

We're not talking here and there. Even Belichick has taken a few gut punches over the years. McCarthy takes a head shot every post-season. He's AWFUL! Seriously. Prove me wrong.

I just can't take it anymore.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:24 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:I mean he has the right to complain. Thompson never decided to stack up his team to support Rodgers + have some strong points if Rodgers were to go down for a significant period of time, and look what happened. Part of being a good GM is developing depth, and the Packers are almost completely lacking that.

4 of 29 draft picks from 2011-2013 remain on the team and are contributors for the Packers.

Those drafts crushed this football team, as much as Rodgers injury this year.

I'd like to see Thompson get a chance to redeem himself if thats what he wants. Rumor was earlier this year, he may be close to the end.

But it can't end for his coaching staff soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Return to “Green Bay Packers”