And it begins..

AaronS
Hall of Fame

And it begins..

Postby AaronS » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:06 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike-mccarthy-green-bay-packers-hot-seat-fired-101716

I don't think a mid-season firing would do much for this team, mostly beacuse there's nobody on the staff who could spark the offense. Dom Capers is the only coach to serve as a head man, and he has enough trouble keeping his defense in line.

I'm sick and tired of McCarthy though, and I think it's high time for a change.

And it begins..

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: And it begins..

Postby JSamuel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:14 pm

AaronS wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike-mccarthy-green-bay-packers-hot-seat-fired-101716

I don't think a mid-season firing would do much for this team, mostly beacuse there's nobody on the staff who could spark the offense. Dom Capers is the only coach to serve as a head man, and he has enough trouble keeping his defense in line.

I'm sick and tired of McCarthy though, and I think it's high time for a change.

I think Aaron Rodgers is their main problem right now, not the head coach. Rodgers isn't playing well this year. If he played like he did in 2014-15 or 2015-16, then no one would be thinking about firing McCarthy.

But I do think the Packers need new offensive and defensive coordinators. The ones they have are not very good.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Rodgers didn't play very well last year though, either. He threw up a bunch of stinkers last season. It's just worse this year.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:49 pm

RevanFan wrote:Rodgers didn't play very well last year though, either. He threw up a bunch of stinkers last season. It's just worse this year.

Some people say the guy is declining, but I think Rodgers is just in a slump.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:22 pm

JSamuel wrote:I think Aaron Rodgers is their main problem right now, not the head coach. Rodgers isn't playing well this year. If he played like he did in 2014-15 or 2015-16, then no one would be thinking about firing McCarthy.

But I do think the Packers need new offensive and defensive coordinators. The ones they have are not very good.

If you think McCarthy is a good head coach, I suggest you review his Playoff record. He doesn't just lose Playoff games, he finds new and never heard of ways to embarrass himself.

Name another coach that blew a double digit lead with under 5 minutes to go in a Championship Game?

Name a coach who has lost 3 consecutive Playoff games due to catastrophic breakdowns on the last play of the game?

The guy defines choker.

And he's incapable of fixing key issues on his team. His D has been average or worse since 2011. His offense has been spinning its wheels for well over a year, and he can't blame Nelsons knee at this point.

Yes, Rodgers is struggling. But McCarthy clearly has no answer as to how to fix that problem.

McCarthy owes all his success to Ted Thompson and his 2 HOF QBs.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:26 pm

AaronS wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I think Aaron Rodgers is their main problem right now, not the head coach. Rodgers isn't playing well this year. If he played like he did in 2014-15 or 2015-16, then no one would be thinking about firing McCarthy.

If you think McCarthy is a good head coach, I suggest you review his Playoff record. He doesn't just lose Playoff games, he finds new and never heard of ways to embarrass himself.

Name another coach that blew a double digit lead with under 5 minutes to go in a Championship Game?

Name a coach who has lost 3 consecutive Playoff games due to catastrophic breakdowns on the last play of the game?

The guy defines choker.

And he's incapable of fixing key issues on his team. His D has been average or worse since 2011. His offense has been spinning its wheels for well over a year, and he can't blame Nelsons knee at this point.

Yes, Rodgers is struggling. But McCarthy clearly has no answer as to how to fix that problem.

McCarthy owes all his success to Ted Thompson and his 2 HOF QBs.

Whoa, whoa! I never said McCarthy was a good coach. If you want to see a good coach, look at my team's coach. 8-)

I just said that the main reason McCarthy is in the hotseat is because Mr. Rodgers looks like he's out of his neighborhood.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:24 pm

JSamuel wrote:Whoa, whoa! I never said McCarthy was a good coach. If you want to see a good coach, look at my team's coach. 8-)

I just said that the main reason McCarthy is in the hotseat is because Mr. Rodgers looks like he's out of his neighborhood.

Fair enough. But I look at that the opposite way.

The book has been out on how to beat the Packers for a VERY long time; (LONG before Nelsons knee injury last year)

Simple Cover 2. Play 2 safeties high, stay disciplined, drop a linebacker to limit the bleeding in the middle of the field. It doesn't get any more simple for opponents, and basically every defense has the ability to play that way thanks to spread offense.

How has McCarthy combated that? He's stuck to the exact same offense he's been running since Rodgers took over as QB.

The Packers best "play" is Rodgers getting teams to jump offsides. It's pathetic.

And with teams MUCH more concerned with Rodgers gauging them, do you think McCarthy would run the football? With a VERY good O-line and a mauling running back? NO. He only commits to the run if he's up by 2 touchdowns or more.

McCarthy is every bit as big a problem as Rodgers struggles. His offense is flat out stagnant and he has no answers for the issues his team is facing.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:06 pm

AaronS wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Whoa, whoa! I never said McCarthy was a good coach. If you want to see a good coach, look at my team's coach. 8-)

Fair enough. But I look at that the opposite way.

The book has been out on how to beat the Packers for a VERY long time; (LONG before Nelsons knee injury last year)

Simple Cover 2. Play 2 safeties high, stay disciplined, drop a linebacker to limit the bleeding in the middle of the field. It doesn't get any more simple for opponents, and basically every defense has the ability to play that way thanks to spread offense.

How has McCarthy combated that? He's stuck to the exact same offense he's been running since Rodgers took over as QB.

The Packers best "play" is Rodgers getting teams to jump offsides. It's pathetic.

And with teams MUCH more concerned with Rodgers gauging them, do you think McCarthy would run the football? With a VERY good O-line and a mauling running back? NO. He only commits to the run if he's up by 2 touchdowns or more.

McCarthy is every bit as big a problem as Rodgers struggles. His offense is flat out stagnant and he has no answers for the issues his team is facing.

I see your point. If I was a Packers fan, I'd be looking for change too. Green Bay really should be going with the ground game way more than they do, especially since their running back is none other than a truck (with wheels) named Eddie Lacy.

Obviously, your defense is beat up, and no one can expect you to win every game; but even with Aaron Rodgers out, your offence is still one of the best it the league.

jedi4hire
All-Pro

Postby jedi4hire » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:59 pm

JSamuel wrote:I see your point. If I was a Packers fan, I'd be looking for change too. Green Bay really should be going with the ground game way more than they do, especially since their running back is none other than a truck (with wheels) named Eddie Lacy.

Yes, they must run the ball more! Lacy is on my fantasy team. :mrgreen:
"Our vegetables are hand tossed through a cascade of water and chopped in mid air"

Browns customer service
Why the browns Don't have a website
they can't string three W's together :cry:

When the Browns win the Super Bowl?
close Madden :roll:

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:05 pm

jedi4hire wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I see your point. If I was a Packers fan, I'd be looking for change too. Green Bay really should be going with the ground game way more than they do, especially since their running back is none other than a truck (with wheels) named Eddie Lacy.

Yes, they must run the ball more! Lacy is on my fantasy team. :mrgreen:

It would also help if they ran more than one healthy HB on the team. Lacy was the only healthy one in Sunday's game and he's likely to be out on Thursday's game, leaving Knile Davis as the only healthy guy - and he just arrived, so he won't know much of the playbook.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Green Bay Packers”