Reports of Rodgers demise are legit

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Re: Reports of Rodgers demise are legit

Postby AaronS » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:32 pm

Mike Florio weighed in on the subject, quoting the opinions of a great many mediaphiles.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/20/whats-wrong-with-aaron-rodgers/

I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what the problem is... but I know I am watching the worst offense I've seen in YEARS.

Mike Holmgren basically had a top 5 unit in his 7 seasons in GB (6th, 4th, 6th, 1st, 2nd, 6th) His worst offense was 1992, his first season as coach, and he was still almost middle of the road at 17th.

Ray Rhodes only lasted 1 season, his offense was 10th.

Mike Sherman was almost as good Holmgren. (11th, 5th, 6th, 4th, 5th) His worst season was his last (2005, 22nd) when Ted Thompson took over as GM and totally blew up the roster.

(Aside from his first season, 22nd, which was still a shell of an offense) McCarthy has gone 4th, 5th, 3rd, 10th, 1st, 5th, 8th, 1st. Last year was his worst, 15th, and I'll be shocked if they can manage anything better than that this season.

What I can't get over is how they are just getting shut down right now. They can't sustain drives and have no consistency and no money plays that are working for them. Under Holmgren the passing offense just couldn't be stopped. Favre was at the top of his game and the offense did too many things too well. Under Sherman, it was the running game. If they hit a rut, they simply went back to the ground. Gang up on the run, Favre could still pick you apart.

McCarthy has absolutely hit the wall. He has no answers for what's happening.

The one thing I will knock Rodgers for is holding the football. But that's been an issue with him throughout. Favre threw picks, Rodgers takes sacks. Can't have it all I guess.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:18 am

He's also had some personal family issues with falling out with his dad and brother.....basically they say his fame changed him into a different person and they also don't approve of his gf olivia munn......but they say the hardest hit relationship is with his brother and dad......don't know the details but it probably is affecting his mind/concentration....

Aside from all that personal drama....McCarthy's offense is staler then 2 week old bread.....people know his tendencies/conservative play calling (which cost him 2 yrs ago in the NFC champ game for not going for the kill against Seattle)....and also Aaron Rodgers tendencies are now well known as well.....you guys are right in saying he holds on to the ball too much...which is why he frequently has strip sacks/fumbles in his career compared to favre who would throw up desperation attempts and not care even if it was intercepted.......IDK as I haven't watched a recent packers game but also Aaron rodgers scrambling ability is probably lower now b/c of age and lack of speed....he was no cam newton but his element of running for 4-5 yards on scampers was useful early in his career....now he mostly stands in the pocket bubble and more of an roethlisberger throw on the run guy as opposed to actually running forward for yards he just runs laterally to buy more time.

I think the DC's have caught on to McCarthy and Rodgers and the packers will be lucky to be in the wild card seed of the playoffs.....their probably going to end up going 10-6 or 9-7......b/c of predictable tendencies/play calling.......and if lucky maybe the 6th seeded wildcard in the playoffs....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

zorinos123
Veteran

Postby zorinos123 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:39 am

Or Aaron Rodgers has always been overrated and nobody notice til he didnt have greg jennings, Finley, and his other offensive weaopns anymore. He makes most of his yards and tds with YAC and a couple hail marys. But he honestly has never been that good. Even matt cassell had a couple of good years lmao

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:19 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:I think the DC's have caught on to McCarthy and Rodgers and the packers will be lucky to be in the wild card seed of the playoffs.....their probably going to end up going 10-6 or 9-7......b/c of predictable tendencies/play calling.......and if lucky maybe the 6th seeded wildcard in the playoffs....

I think they'll get the #6 seed if they run the offense they were running in the second half against the Bears. Not many teams are good enough to stop Rodgers if he's passing 55+ time per game. The law of averages will get alot of teams, bonehead McCarthy or not.

.. the top dawgs will rip them to shreds in the Playoffs though. They've got no chance against Seattle, Minny, Dallas, or Atlanta right now.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:29 pm

zorinos123 wrote:Or Aaron Rodgers has always been overrated and nobody notice til he didnt have greg jennings, Finley, and his other offensive weaopns anymore. He makes most of his yards and tds with YAC and a couple hail marys. But he honestly has never been that good. Even matt cassell had a couple of good years lmao

Jordy Nelsons 2014 season was better than any Greg Jennings ever dreamed of having.

The 2011 Packers were as good as any offense to ever take the field. The talent level was rediculous. But if you think Jennings was the catalyst of that, you're nuts.

Even with his recent struggles, Rodgers remains the highest rated QB of all-time. He was almost 10 points higher than Brady and Brees at the start of the season. If that's overrated, I think any fan of any team would take that from their starting QB.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Rodgers is back up to his usual pace; 4000+ yards, 40 tds, 10 ints.

The one thing that seems to be missing is his deep accuracy. He just hasn't hit the longball like he used to.

Gameflow is really working against him. They can't seem to start fast and build leads, and long yardage situations are killing them.

It looks like the numbers will be there again, but this is the ideal case of the numbers not telling the real story.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:56 am

Hey, at least Aaron Rodgers has some wheels. Check out this video:

Return to “Green Bay Packers”