Reports of Rodgers demise are legit

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:53 am

I wasn't willing to accept it until now, but no further proof is necessary after last nights performance.

Like the Packers, the Giant secondary was short handed. And Rogers has NEVER been protected the way he was last night. He had an ETERNITY to throw the football. In the past, Rodgers would have absolutely lit up the scoreboard. That would have been a special, 42 point or better night. But, no longer.

In Rodgers defense, the talent level has dropped off considerably since 2010-2011, and Mike McCarthy is a HORRENDOUS play caller, but Rodgers is past the point where he's beyond criticism. He's leaving plays and points out on field every week.

So sadly, history repeats itself in Green Bay. As I watched Favre gradually descend from All-World larger-than-life phenomenon to great, or something close to it, so it appears will be the case with Rodgers.

.. I just hope, unlike Favre, that Rodgers has 1 more Super Bowl in him.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Reports of Rodgers demise are legit

Postby JSamuel » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:52 pm

AaronS wrote:.. I just hope, unlike Favre, that Rodgers has 1 more Super Bowl in him.

Peyton Manning did.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:24 pm

JSamuel wrote:
AaronS wrote:.. I just hope, unlike Favre, that Rodgers has 1 more Super Bowl in him.

Peyton Manning did.

Carried mostly by a defense. Which, at the time being, the Packers do not have. (The front 7 looks decent though)

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:24 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
JSamuel wrote:

Peyton Manning did.

Carried mostly by a defense. Which, at the time being, the Packers do not have. (The front 7 looks decent though)

Green Bay has strong linebacking corps. But apart from some good D-linemen, they don't have a championship contending secondary.

Which by the way, the Vikes do.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:26 pm

AaronS wrote:
.. I just hope, unlike Favre, that Rodgers has 1 more Super Bowl in him.

Favre took the Packers to 2 superbowls.
Although, they lost the second one to Elway and the Broncos

I wouldn't worry too much about a Rodgers demise.....not quite yet, anyways.
I think he is just going through a ''lull" in his career.
A lot of quarterbacks experience this, but the great ones come back from it. Which, I believe he will.

Speaking of Favre....let's not forget that he had one of the best seasons of his career in his first year in Minnesota.
That was after he teased retirement and stunk up the joint with the Jets.

jedi4hire
All-Pro

Postby jedi4hire » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:52 am

1312qohelet wrote:
AaronS wrote:Speaking of Favre....let's not forget that he had one of the best seasons of his career in his first year in Minnesota.

Is that particular reminder supposed to make a Packers fan feel better? :lol:
"Our vegetables are hand tossed through a cascade of water and chopped in mid air"

Browns customer service
Why the browns Don't have a website
they can't string three W's together :cry:

When the Browns win the Super Bowl?
close Madden :roll:

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:10 am

jedi4hire wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
AaronS wrote:Speaking of Favre....let's not forget that he had one of the best seasons of his career in his first year in Minnesota.

Is that particular reminder supposed to make a Packers fan feel better? :lol:

Haha....good catch.
#1) I was just trying to give an example of a QB returning to prime form.
#2) I am a Bears fan, so I gotta take little shots at Packers fans, when the opportunity arises.
They've been roughing us up for a decade now, so there isn't many chances to hit back.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:12 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
JSamuel wrote:

Peyton Manning did.

The 2009 Vikes were the #2 offense that season. Their defense was 10th, 6th in yards.

That was a great offense.

.. the Packers D has been the bright spot at this point. They are stoning the run right now. I don't suspect that to hold up though. The pattern has been for the bottom to fall out, with catastrophic results.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:23 am

1312qohelet wrote:Favre took the Packers to 2 superbowls.
Although, they lost the second one to Elway and the Broncos

I wouldn't worry too much about a Rodgers demise.....not quite yet, anyways.
I think he is just going through a ''lull" in his career.
A lot of quarterbacks experience this, but the great ones come back from it. Which, I believe he will.

Speaking of Favre....let's not forget that he had one of the best seasons of his career in his first year in Minnesota.
That was after he teased retirement and stunk up the joint with the Jets.

It would be interesting how Favre would be viewed had he won that 2nd Super Bowl.

I'm not worried about Rodgers, but he has clearly crossed the point where he is hands down the best QB in this League. He can still beat anybody any given week, and in exceptional fashion. But I think the days of him absolutely killing it every week are over. The EXACT same thing I witnessed with Old #4. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

Talent has alot to do with this, also. The 2010 and 2011 teams were absolutely loaded on offense. The Packers haven't kept the cupboard stocked.

.. Favre leaving Green Bay never bothered me. I was more disgusted the way the Packers handled their business. They claimed to have moved on with Rodgers, and for good reason as it turns out. But yet, they did everything in their power to prevent Favre from playing another down. The NFL Commissioner had to intervene for Favre to get back on the field. That was completely deplorable, IMO.

... and the move totally backfired on them! According to Favre, he was going to Tampa to reunite with Jon Gruden. Tampa was also allegedly offering more compensation than the Jets gave up. But the Packers wouldn't make that trade beacuse Tampa was on their schedule. IN TAMPA, not Lambeau!! So who's to say Favre doesn't light Green Bay up (ONCE, mind you!) Favre gets his "revenge" and simply goes away? Tampa wasn't winning the Super Bowl, barring a miracle season. Maybe Favre comes back in 2009, maybe not. Instead, he goes to NY, somehow finds his way into the Vikings waiting arms, and the Packers live out their worst nightmare as he absolutely shreds them in 2009. The Packers paranoia led to the worst possible outcome.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:38 am

AaronS wrote:.. Favre leaving Green Bay never bothered me. I was more disgusted the way the Packers handled their business. They claimed to have moved on with Rodgers, and for good reason as it turns out. But yet, they did everything in their power to prevent Favre from playing another down. The NFLs Commissioner had to intervene for Favre to get back on the field. That was completely deplorable, IMO.

I agree. If Green Bay had treated me the way they treated Favre, then I would have had no problem with joining the Packers nemesis, the Vikings.

Return to “Green Bay Packers”