Packers lost!!!!!!!!!!!!

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Packers lost!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby RevanFan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:05 pm

superben21 wrote:Sure the regular season doesn't count for as much but if you want to go by your standards Vick is no good cause he hasn't had any success in the playoffs. Now I think Vick is a really good QB myself but he hasn't shown that in the playoffs.

We aren't talking about QBs. Even the best QB in history can't survive in the playoffs with no one around him. The Patriots have no defense, and unless your offense is absolutely spectacular to every degree, you won't last when it really matters.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:16 pm

superben21 wrote:Sure the regular season doesn't count for as much but if you want to go by your standards Vick is no good cause he hasn't had any success in the playoffs. Now I think Vick is a really good QB myself but he hasn't shown that in the playoffs. Anyway the Colts have been the class of the AFC along with the Patriots for a while. Pittsburgh just recently showed up as a major threat (last 5 years).

Jets need a QB before they even come on my radar of a really good team, no matter how they do in the playoffs. And they're anything but the class of the AFC.

Getting back to the 16-0 conversation don't the Packers have one of the worst defenses in the league? When the Pats went 16-0 they had one of the better ones. These Packers have a worse D than most those Colts teams. No matter how many turnovers they get.

Vick has been ok in the playoffs. Beat Favre at home for the first time ever, and made it to an NFC title game. he hasn't been great but to say he's done nothing is a lie.

The Pats have not won a playoff game in 4 years. That isn't class of anything. They been exposed for the one dimensional team they are now in the playoffs.

The Pats did have a good D that year and that is why they went to the SB. They even played well in the SB but the Giants D was a little better. But now they have a horrible D.

The Packers have a bad defense yardage wise. They get a ton of turn overs which is better than anything you can do on D. And we'll see what happens to them in the playoffs.

The Pats haven't won a playoff game in 4 years, and their far removed from those SB teams. and even the 16-0 team. For a team who hasn't done a whole lot outside of the regular season they sure get a lot of love. They get too much credit now for what they did 7 years ago.

So from what you said doing good in the playoffs means nothing? The same Jets who beat NE in the playoffs in NE's house. Once they get into the playoffs it's like a switch goes on for them. Love them or hate them they have won road games in the playoffs. Don't forget this is only Sanchez's third year. And he is a different QB in the playoffs as well. The whole team plays different. They beat the highly favored 14-2 Pats in their own house. To me there up there with the good teams of the AFC.

I'd rather have a decent regular season and a good post season. Then have a great regular season then get bounced in the first round.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Yeah well Brett Farve never really did anything in the playoffs himself. Except for his one SB his like 3rd year or whatever. That was before some of the members on this site were born!

If you defense can't stop the other team from scoring when they don't get a turnover they're not that good.

The Pats def get to much credit for what they did do and have made some awful personnel moves recently. They're not as good as the team's they had that won the SB's. But to say they aren't the class of the AFC anymore would be ridiculous.

They've had major playoff woe's recently as well. It will be really fascinating to see how they do in the playoffs this year especially losing they're best pass rusher. I'm routing against them as always lol

As for the Jets and Sanchez they're a mid level team this year. And it doesn't matter how good you are in the playoffs (Sanchez is decent) that doesn't make you a great player. You need to do it year round including the, you guessed it, regular season. The only way the Jets go anywhere this year is if they get a first round game against Tebow or Yates. And after that game last week against the Eagles they might not even go the playoffs at all. The only reason we even pay attention to them is because they're a New York team with a fat @$$ coach who has a big mouth, maybe the biggest mouth we've seen.

Hey question. Is San Francisco great?
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

superben21 wrote:Yeah well Brett Farve never really did anything in the playoffs himself. Except for his one SB his like 3rd year or whatever. That was before some of the members on this site were born!

If you defense can't stop the other team from scoring when they don't get a turnover they're not that good.

The Pats def get to much credit for what they did do and have made some awful personnel moves recently. They're not as good as the team's they had that won the SB's. But to say they aren't the class of the AFC anymore would be ridiculous.

They've had major playoff woe's recently as well. It will be really fascinating to see how they do in the playoffs this year especially losing they're best pass rusher. I'm routing against them as always lol

As for the Jets and Sanchez they're a mid level team this year. And it doesn't matter how good you are in the playoffs (Sanchez is decent) that doesn't make you a great player. You need to do it year round including the, you guessed it, regular season. The only way the Jets go anywhere this year is if they get a first round game against Tebow or Yates. And after that game last week against the Eagles they might not even go the playoffs at all. The only reason we even pay attention to them is because they're a New York team with a fat @$$ coach who has a big mouth, maybe the biggest mouth we've seen.

Hey question. Is San Francisco great?

The fact the Jets have been to back to back AFC title games. Is why they get attention. They have been better then the Pats the last few years. Regular season aside. The Jets beat them at their house in the playoffs and have won more playoff games in the last 2 years then the Pats have the last 4.I never said Sanchez was great. But he is good. Especially playoff time. he's clutch.

I don't see the pats as the class of anything. Getting smacked in the first round isn't class of the AFC. How can they be the Class when Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Indy, New York have all won more playoff games then the Pats the last 4 years. Indy obviously this season but you know what I mean. I only put Indy there because they went to the SB just two years ago. But even they looked shaky last year.

Favre was a pretty good playoff player. Sure he would throw some games away. But that's just Brett. He still went to back to back SB's.

The 49ers are not great yet. But they're on the right track. I have to see what they do in the playoffs. But that defense is just awesome. Idk why Aldon Smith isn't getting the attention Vaughn Miller is. Dude is an animal.

I still have my doubts on Alex Smith. Can he make the clutch plays in the playoffs? If he can do what he did last night. Take care of the ball, and make a few clutch throws they'll do good. I'm just nervous about him. He has been a turn over machine in his career. But I hope he does good. The 49ers are definitely one the best NFC teams this year.

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:17 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:The fact the Jets have been to back to back AFC title games. Is why they get attention. They have been better then the Pats the last few years. Regular season aside. The Jets beat them at their house in the playoffs and have won more playoff games in the last 2 years then the Pats have the last 4.I never said Sanchez was great. But he is good. Especially playoff time. he's clutch.

I don't see the pats as the class of anything. Getting smacked in the first round isn't class of the AFC. How can they be the Class when Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Indy, New York have all won more playoff games then the Pats the last 4 years. Indy obviously this season but you know what I mean. I only put Indy there because they went to the SB just two years ago. But even they looked shaky last year.

Favre was a pretty good playoff player. Sure he would throw some games away. But that's just Brett. He still went to back to back SB's.

The 49ers are not great yet. But they're on the right track. I have to see what they do in the playoffs. But that defense is just awesome. Idk why Aldon Smith isn't getting the attention Vaughn Miller is. Dude is an animal.

I still have my doubts on Alex Smith. Can he make the clutch plays in the playoffs? If he can do what he did last night. Take care of the ball, and make a few clutch throws they'll do good. I'm just nervous about him. He has been a turn over machine in his career. But I hope he does good. The 49ers are definitely one the best NFC teams this year.

You can't be 25-5 in your last 30 regular season games and be the class of nothing. That's just plain ridicules! And yes I totally agree with you counting the Colts in there. They're totally different without Manning.

Dude Alden Smith is boss. He's destroying everyone. It really surprised me they beat the Steelers last night without Willis. That was a good win for them. Much needed especially after the egg they lay against the Cardinals. It'd be pretty cool to see Alex Smith come back with a good postseason after so many years of just being bad. Would be cool.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Hey well guess what? Igues the Chiefs gave a 45-Year pay back game to the packers from Super Bowl I! :lol: Last time it was Len Dawson (HOF) and Bart Starr (HOF). :geek: This time it was Aaron Rogers vs. Kyle Orton!

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 pm

superben21 wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:The fact the Jets have been to back to back AFC title games. Is why they get attention. They have been better then the Pats the last few years. Regular season aside. The Jets beat them at their house in the playoffs and have won more playoff games in the last 2 years then the Pats have the last 4.I never said Sanchez was great. But he is good. Especially playoff time. he's clutch.

You can't be 25-5 in your last 30 regular season games and be the class of nothing. That's just plain ridicules! And yes I totally agree with you counting the Colts in there. They're totally different without Manning.

Dude Alden Smith is boss. He's destroying everyone. It really surprised me they beat the Steelers last night without Willis. That was a good win for them. Much needed especially after the egg they lay against the Cardinals. It'd be pretty cool to see Alex Smith come back with a good postseason after so many years of just being bad. Would be cool.

So that would have to make the Eagles the Class of the NFC with that logic. I'm an Eagles fan and even I can admit they aren't. Sure minus this year they have had good regular season records. But it means nothing if you do nothing with it in the playoffs.
I'll call the Pats class when they win a game that really means something. They haven't won a big game in 4 years. And if they're offense falters they're done. They're not a good team, they're a good offense. The rest of that team is trash. And that offense has been shut down 3 times this season. And the last two years in the playoffs it has been too. They're not a team, they're an offense. You can't win a title that way. And If you're not a complete team then in my opinion you can't be the class of anything,.

I can't believe before that game I didn't hear of Alden Smith. He's a freak of nature. He doesn't even play every snap like Miller and he has more sacks than Miller (If I'm not mistaken), and on top of that Miller has another great pass rusher playing with him, so he isn't always doubled. Dude is an animal.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Sanchez is not clutch, nor is Alex Smith. They both manage the game ok, hiding behind great defenses. You can't ride either of them for a full game like you can Brady or Brees or Rivers, or even a big win for that matter. Stafford is better than the both of them. The 49ers are good because of the coach understanding not to ride Alex Smith and they run the ball effectively, while playing solid kick a$$ defense. And they play in the worst division in pro sports! The Jet with Sanchez are similar, banking more on their defense to put in the work and only allow Sanchez to manage the game! When Ryan rides Sanchez he throws it to the other team quite often and they lose!

This seasons playoffs will be interesting because in the NFC it goes though Green Bay, who always have an edge playing EVERYBODY at home! I expect Green Bay and the Saints to be in the title game, but the AFC is more open at the moment! With the Ravens being my favorite to win the AFC, it's clear they can be beat. If they don't get a pass rush or pressure, their DB's are extremely poor and will be punished by all playoff teams except Yates and Sanchez! And if the Chargers would have started their push two games earlier, they'd be hot enough to beat any of them!

As for the Farve comments, if it weren't for a blown coverage by my home team Lions, and a deep last second TD pass to Sterling Sharp, they wouldn't have got there! When Farve won it, Reggie White "The Minister of Defense" was pancaking dudes with one arm! Their defense dogged Bill Parcel's Patriots and Drew Bledsoe! It wasn't Favre at all! Desmond Howard was MVP for the special teams returns (I remember clearly, him doing the "Robot" as he scored!) funny as hell! The AFC is open to the hottest team!

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Littleware wrote:Sanchez is not clutch, nor is Alex Smith. They both manage the game ok, hiding behind great defenses. You can't ride either of them for a full game like you can Brady or Brees or Rivers, or even a big win for that matter. Stafford is better than the both of them. The 49ers are good because of the coach understanding not to ride Alex Smith and they run the ball effectively, while playing solid kick a$$ defense. And they play in the worst division in pro sports! The Jet with Sanchez are similar, banking more on their defense to put in the work and only allow Sanchez to manage the game! When Ryan rides Sanchez he throws it to the other team quite often and they lose!

This seasons playoffs will be interesting because in the NFC it goes though Green Bay, who always have an edge playing EVERYBODY at home! I expect Green Bay and the Saints to be in the title game, but the AFC is more open at the moment! With the Ravens being my favorite to win the AFC, it's clear they can be beat. If they don't get a pass rush or pressure, their DB's are extremely poor and will be punished by all playoff teams except Yates and Sanchez! And if the Chargers would have started their push two games earlier, they'd be hot enough to beat any of them!

As for the Farve comments, if it weren't for a blown coverage by my home team Lions, and a deep last second TD pass to Sterling Sharp, they wouldn't have got there! When Farve won it, Reggie White "The Minister of Defense" was pancaking dudes with one arm! Their defense dogged Bill Parcel's Patriots and Drew Bledsoe! It wasn't Favre at all! Desmond Howard was MVP for the special teams returns (I remember clearly, him doing the "Robot" as he scored!) funny as hell! The AFC is open to the hottest team!

Alex Smith is an unknown to me. I don't trust him based on his past, but you can't deny he has been good this year. But Sanchez is clutch. He plays his best with the game on the line. Look at last year winning all those games late. Then against the bills this year, and I think one or two other times he's put together a game winning drive. And in the playoffs he has been good too. To say he isn't clutch is stupid. He may not be good the whole game, and may do dumb things, but he is at his best in crunch time. I see almost every jet game. So trust me I know. He isn't a great QB by any stretch. He is a hot and cold QB, But he is pretty clutch.

That win against the lions was like 3 years before GB won the SB. SO that made no difference in them getting there. Just saying. You might want to check your years next time. It was the 96 season they won the SB and the 93 season when they beat the lions in that game.

But to say it wasn't Favre at all is like me saying those 3 were not Brady at all. Did he not have a great defense? Did he not have a great running game? All 3 of those Super Bowls he had great teams around him. Yet he seems to get all the credit. How bout some props for the defense guys like Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, and on offense Corey Dillon. Yes Brady was a part of it too. But to say Favre wasn't is absurd. It would be like saying Brady wasn't either. When we all know he was. Favre had a pretty good game himself in that SB. over 240 yards and two TD's.

gridno27
Rookie

Postby gridno27 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:00 am

Sorry they 've been back on winning street - It was this expected lousy game vs KC to ruin the Perfect Season.
Now going back to fundamentals A-Rod roll over CHI with 5TDs. But DEF - I cannot understand a team that gives more yards to opponents than
made by themselves and lead the league. I think if they defend and not everyone looking like a ballhawk for a turnover their DEF will stop any team. There's
so much talent on both sides of the ball.

SF and NO will be dangerous but SF is not able to put point on the score board so much and NO has a elite QB who is good for 1-2 INTs in every game.

SB XLVI is going through Lambeau - they can only beat by themselves - I expect a rematch from SB XLV vs PIT.

Greeting from Germany

Return to “Green Bay Packers”