It's over in Green Bay

RevanFan
Legend

Re: It's over in Green Bay

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:29 pm

AaronS wrote:He's had a good run. I think he's a good head coach, but it's just time the Packers move on.

Everyone wanted Jason Garrett gone after last season. Look where we are now? Although, the Packers started regressing late last season and it's kept going this season.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:36 pm

AaronS wrote:He's had a good run. I think he's a good head coach, but it's just time the Packers move on.

Yea He would do better installing a new offense for a new team b/c the Packers have been figured out offensively and it is time for a change.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:37 pm

RevanFan wrote:

Everyone wanted Jason Garrett gone after last season. Look where we are now? Although, the Packers started regressing late last season and it's kept going this season.

J Garrett, is an excellent coach and person, not to mention an ex -Giants qb ;) but yea I think he handles a large market team like Dallas and the heated spotlight with class and grace.....dude never provides bulletin material to other teams like that big mouth in Buffalo does and then never backs it up lol....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:19 pm

RevanFan wrote:Everyone wanted Jason Garrett gone after last season. Look where we are now? Although, the Packers started regressing late last season and it's kept going this season.

The regression goes back to 2014; Play disciplined defense with DBs over the top to take away what Rodgers does best (the deep ball)

McCarthy has had the better part of 3 years to find another way to beat his opponents, and if anything, they're now worse!

Personnel is part of his problem. Rodgers can shoulder some blame as well as he seems to be forcing the deep ball. But when teams can consistently take your strength away, that's bad coaching to me. With the spread and pansy pro offense rules in place, it's easier than ever to move the ball and McCarthys team consistently hits the wall.

I applaud the way the Cowboys stood by Garrett. I think more teams need to do the same. The situations are vastly different though.

The Cowboys were still building and Jones stood by his guy. The Packers have clearly reached their peak under McCarthy. If he hasn't already, he stands to lose his football team. There is no coming back from that. And if the Packers had an owner rather than a corporate structure governing their team, the plug may have already been pulled this morning.

Return to “Green Bay Packers”