Is it time for a coaching change?

lionsfan
MVP

Postby lionsfan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:49 pm

tough question.... I would actually say no. I like Jim Schwartz, I can't blame the loss tonight on him at all, I can't really blame a lot of the losses on himl. I can blame a lot of the losses on Matthew Stafford though... Tonight loss...He overthrew a 6'8 TE for a pick six. He has 23 turnovers (I think) and he is not shown any signs of being clutch in big games at all.

People are mad at Schwartz for not trying to get a last second drive with 30 seconds left and 2 time outs... I'm 50/50 on if he should've tried instead of running out the clock but let's not forget who our QB is... The same QB with 23 turnovers, the same QB who just threw a pick-6 because he overthrew a 6'8 TE. Hmmm I probably would have sat on it too. It is clear as day Stafford is hugely overrated. I agree he could be a great QB, but that is once he fixes his mechanics, puts all his effort into games, gets emotional about big games, and uses his brain so he doesn't stare right at a CB but still throws the ball anyways.

I am kind of for getting rid of Stafford. But we probably won't so I would at least put some pressure on him and throw Shaun Hill into the game every once in a while. Shaun Hill is one of the best backups in the league.... When Stafford does some boneheaded mistake (like he always does) we should at least give Shaun Hill a shot.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Is it time for a coaching change?

Postby Danchat » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:39 pm

lionsfan wrote:tough question.... I would actually say no. I like Jim Schwartz, I can't blame the loss tonight on him at all, I can't really blame a lot of the losses on himl. I can blame a lot of the losses on Matthew Stafford though... Tonight loss...He overthrew a 6'8 TE for a pick six. He has 23 turnovers (I think) and he is not shown any signs of being clutch in big games at all.

People are mad at Schwartz for not trying to get a last second drive with 30 seconds left and 2 time outs... I'm 50/50 on if he should've tried instead of running out the clock but let's not forget who our QB is... The same QB with 23 turnovers, the same QB who just threw a pick-6 because he overthrew a 6'8 TE. Hmmm I probably would have sat on it too. It is clear as day Stafford is hugely overrated. I agree he could be a great QB, but that is once he fixes his mechanics, puts all his effort into games, gets emotional about big games, and uses his brain so he doesn't stare right at a CB but still throws the ball anyways.

I am kind of for getting rid of Stafford. But we probably won't so I would at least put some pressure on him and throw Shaun Hill into the game every once in a while. Shaun Hill is one of the best backups in the league.... When Stafford does some boneheaded mistake (like he always does) we should at least give Shaun Hill a shot.

I'd like to have Stafford. I think he could use some major improvements... but I would fire Schwartz. He is a jerk. He encourages the team's bad behavior and that has made them the worst team in a clutch situation.
They need a disciplined coach who knows what he's doing. Shaun Hill was decent, but Stafford is better at this point.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:57 pm

You want a disciplined coach? Call Jon Gruden.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:32 am

I'd sign Lovie, just to make the world burn.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:22 pm

NickyJ wrote:I'd sign Lovie, just to make the world burn.

The Texans might sign him.

lionsfan
MVP

Postby lionsfan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:11 pm

The thing that makes me upset about Stafford though is that if we go back to when we were 6-3. I gurantee that if we would have just randomly decided to start Shaun Hill we would be in the playoffs right now. Stafford is a turnover machine! I mean I guess you can blame that on coaching but Stafford just need to get a good QB coach. I would get Stafford a great QB coach and let Schwartz stay one more year and let him know that if he doesn't make the playoffs he's gone.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:08 pm

We'll find out who's getting fired on Black Monday.

lionsfan
MVP

Postby lionsfan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Austinmario wrote:We'll find out who's getting fired on Black Monday.

Yeah... All I got to say is if we get a new coach we better get a big name coach. Someone with a lot of experience. Were not in a rebuilding stage at all so we don't need some college coach like Bill O'Brien. (People are talking about us getting him....No just no)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:39 pm

lionsfan wrote:

Yeah... All I got to say is if we get a new coach we better get a big name coach. Someone with a lot of experience. Were not in a rebuilding stage at all so we don't need some college coach like Bill O'Brien. (People are talking about us getting him....No just no)

Please take Callahan and Kiffin. Please.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:28 am

RevanFan wrote:
lionsfan wrote:

Please take Callahan and Kiffin. Please.

With Mike Shanahan at the head. I like it. :mrgreen:

Return to “Detroit Lions”