There's a QB waiting in the wings for the Chicago Bears

spydermanj
Pro Bowl

Postby spydermanj » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:49 pm

On the Bears roster is a 24-year-old with experience at quarterback in high school and college. He is a local boy, coming from Westchester, Illinois. He is therefore perfectly suited to be a hero for the city. Now, it has been a few years since he played quarterback. It was 2012 when he last played as a passer. Still, he has been a contributor since his arrival, albeit in a different role.

For these reasons, I suggest that Cameron Meredith should be in contention to be the starting quarterback for the Chicago Bears. He has some advantages over the quarterbacks currently considered the “favorites.”

First, he actually knows the playbook. Unlike Glennon and Sanchez, Meredith has played in this system.

Second, he has not proven himself to be below-average as a quarterback in the NFL. This is also unlike Glennon and Sanchez.

Finally, in 2016, he was the target of 97 passes and he accumulated 894 yards from scrimmage for 4 touchdowns. This means that last season saw him provide more to an offense than Glennon and Sanchez added to their teams combined.

It’s something to consider, at least. Right?

Right?

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: There's a QB waiting in the wings for the Chicago Bears

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:04 pm

spydermanj wrote:On the Bears roster is a 24-year-old with experience at quarterback in high school and college. He is a local boy, coming from Westchester, Illinois. He is therefore perfectly suited to be a hero for the city. Now, it has been a few years since he played quarterback. It was 2012 when he last played as a passer. Still, he has been a contributor since his arrival, albeit in a different role.

For these reasons, I suggest that Cameron Meredith should be in contention to be the starting quarterback for the Chicago Bears. He has some advantages over the quarterbacks currently considered the “favorites.”

First, he actually knows the playbook. Unlike Glennon and Sanchez, Meredith has played in this system.

Second, he has not proven himself to be below-average as a quarterback in the NFL. This is also unlike Glennon and Sanchez.

Finally, in 2016, he was the target of 97 passes and he accumulated 894 yards from scrimmage for 4 touchdowns. This means that last season saw him provide more to an offense than Glennon and Sanchez added to their teams combined.

It’s something to consider, at least. Right?

Right?

I would imagine that this has been considered.
I wouldn't know, but perhaps you can find some information regarding his combine statistics, or if he attended any "pro-day" type workouts that many NFL prospects attend.

Hey, Terelle Pryor went from QB to WR.
It would be phenomenal for Merdith to make the opposite transition.

Return to “Chicago Bears”