BEARS RELEASE ALL TME SCORER ROBBIE GOULD

spydermanj
Pro Bowl

Postby spydermanj » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:58 pm

It's a shame to see such a dedicated and valuable player walk. And a week before the season starts. They signed Connor Barth from the Saints in his place.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: BEARS RELEASE ALL TME SCORER ROBBIE GOULD

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:08 am

spydermanj wrote:It's a shame to see such a dedicated and valuable player walk. And a week before the season starts. They signed Connor Barth from the Saints in his place.

Yeah, it's pathetic.
I'm a lifelong Bears fan and how this new Gase/Fox regime treats the players is ludicrous. Starting right when they were both hired, they released Charles Tillman. Then, they trade Brandon Marshall for a 5th round pick and he proceeds to re-write the Jets' record book.
This year, letting Matt Forte, Matt Slauson, and Robbie Gould walk. I know the NFL is a business, but I've never seen it quite like this.

Don't get me wrong, the previous GM, Phil Emery and HC, Mark Trestman had to go.....they were complete failures who had no business holding front-office positions on any NFL team.

But, Gase and Fox are trying to be "slick" with an "edgy genius". Meanwhile, with Cutler at the helm and no weapons (makes Cutty even worse) they'll go 4 and 12 and say "the arrow is pointing up for this franchise! We've found a real identity!"

It's sad

Return to “Chicago Bears”