RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

User avatar
Kevin5455
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:47 pm
Location: New York

RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:07 am

Pete Carroll, current coach of the Seattle Seahawks is considering "inviting" RGIII and Colin Kaepernick for a backup QB position.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... backup-qbs

Thoughts?

RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
NickyJ
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2679
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby NickyJ » Tue May 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Typically, you want your backup QB to not be injured more often than the starter, so I'd say RG3 is out of the running.
Image

User avatar
Danchat
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby Danchat » Tue May 16, 2017 12:40 pm

I'd like to see the Seahawks go with Kaepernick so everyone can stop talking about him. I don't get why the Seahawks went with Boykin last year and he'll probably get suspended this season, so they definitely can't go into the year with just him as the backup. If Wilson ever went down, I highly doubt Boykin would have been a competent QB.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

User avatar
achernar
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1742
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:18 am
Location: Brazil

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby achernar » Wed May 17, 2017 11:46 am

Kaep is a great fit

User avatar
AaronS
MVP
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby AaronS » Wed May 17, 2017 11:54 am

Danchat wrote:I'd like to see the Seahawks go with Kaepernick so everyone can stop talking about him. I don't get why the Seahawks went with Boykin last year and he'll probably get suspended this season, so they definitely can't go into the year with just him as the backup. If Wilson ever went down, I highly doubt Boykin would have been a competent QB.


They went with Boykin due to their cap limitations.

If Wison had gone down, they would either have signed someone, or concede that their season was over.

.. many teams are in this situation. The Packers have a decent young backup in Brett Hundley. But they're still a 6-10 team (or worse!) without Aaron Rodgers.
Image
Image

User avatar
AaronS
MVP
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby AaronS » Wed May 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:Thoughts?


Kaeperinick would fit well Bizzaro World.

I love the NW. I've lived up here all my life. It is truly a special place.. but man if we haven't passed San Francisco as the freak capitol of the world??!!

(I'm not saying Kaep is a freak! but he certainly made a circus of himself last year!)

I think Kaep would fit up here. I'm not a big fan of some of things he stands for, but Seattle is a very tolerant place. As long as he doesn't start burning flags, he can be successful here.

.. and it fits with the team. Seattle may be the only place where Pete Carroll's system could actually work. Imagine all of his rah rah crap in Dallas? Philadelphia? It just wouldn't fly... Chicago and New York would have DESTROYED Marshawn Lynch and all his antics. Ditto Richard Sherman. Seattle embraces it! Winning helps, but even if they hadn't gone to 2 Super Bowls, Seattle would have embraced these people as their own. Other cities would not have. IF Kaepernick can avoid the outrageous, the same will apply to him.

... RGIII? I just don't see it. If he couldn't stick in Cleveland? Yikes!
Image
Image

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 12228
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 17, 2017 1:18 pm

AaronS wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:Thoughts?
I love the NW. I've lived up here all my life. It is truly a special place.. but man if we haven't passed San Francisco as the freak capitol of the world??!!

Dude, give New York credit. We've got people who wear garbage bags on their head and call it fashion. I mean, I love New York, but it's certainly full of... interesting people. Like alien conspiracy believers and people who make their own soap... and Mets fans.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
AaronS
MVP
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby AaronS » Wed May 17, 2017 1:55 pm

RevanFan wrote:Dude, give New York credit. We've got people who wear garbage bags on their head and call it fashion. I mean, I love New York, but it's certainly full of... interesting people. Like alien conspiracy believers and people who make their own soap... and Mets fans.


Fair enough.

But there are, what, 20 million people in that metro area?

There are only 5 million over here.... so per-capita weirdness.. I'd bet we got you beat. :lol:
Image
Image

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 12228
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 17, 2017 2:12 pm

AaronS wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Dude, give New York credit. We've got people who wear garbage bags on their head and call it fashion. I mean, I love New York, but it's certainly full of... interesting people. Like alien conspiracy believers and people who make their own soap... and Mets fans.


Fair enough.

But there are, what, 20 million people in that metro area?

There are only 5 million over here.... so per-capita weirdness.. I'd bet we got you beat. :lol:

If you count the whole metropolitan statistical area, including Long Island, the counties just north of the City, and several counties in New Jersey and one in Pennsylvania, it's about 25 million people. If you just count the City itself, it's about 9 million.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
tomservo
Rookie
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:04 am

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby tomservo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:30 am

I heard they'll sign Kaepernick, but they'll only put him in for kneeldowns. :lol:


Return to “Seattle Seahawks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest