RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:07 am

Pete Carroll, current coach of the Seattle Seahawks is considering "inviting" RGIII and Colin Kaepernick for a backup QB position.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... backup-qbs

Thoughts?

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: RGIII/Kaepernick to back up Russell Wilson?

Postby NickyJ » Tue May 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Typically, you want your backup QB to not be injured more often than the starter, so I'd say RG3 is out of the running.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue May 16, 2017 12:40 pm

I'd like to see the Seahawks go with Kaepernick so everyone can stop talking about him. I don't get why the Seahawks went with Boykin last year and he'll probably get suspended this season, so they definitely can't go into the year with just him as the backup. If Wilson ever went down, I highly doubt Boykin would have been a competent QB.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Wed May 17, 2017 11:46 am

Kaep is a great fit

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed May 17, 2017 11:54 am

Danchat wrote:I'd like to see the Seahawks go with Kaepernick so everyone can stop talking about him. I don't get why the Seahawks went with Boykin last year and he'll probably get suspended this season, so they definitely can't go into the year with just him as the backup. If Wilson ever went down, I highly doubt Boykin would have been a competent QB.

They went with Boykin due to their cap limitations.

If Wison had gone down, they would either have signed someone, or concede that their season was over.

.. many teams are in this situation. The Packers have a decent young backup in Brett Hundley. But they're still a 6-10 team (or worse!) without Aaron Rodgers.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed May 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:Thoughts?

Kaeperinick would fit well Bizzaro World.

I love the NW. I've lived up here all my life. It is truly a special place.. but man if we haven't passed San Francisco as the freak capitol of the world??!!

(I'm not saying Kaep is a freak! but he certainly made a circus of himself last year!)

I think Kaep would fit up here. I'm not a big fan of some of things he stands for, but Seattle is a very tolerant place. As long as he doesn't start burning flags, he can be successful here.

.. and it fits with the team. Seattle may be the only place where Pete Carroll's system could actually work. Imagine all of his rah rah crap in Dallas? Philadelphia? It just wouldn't fly... Chicago and New York would have DESTROYED Marshawn Lynch and all his antics. Ditto Richard Sherman. Seattle embraces it! Winning helps, but even if they hadn't gone to 2 Super Bowls, Seattle would have embraced these people as their own. Other cities would not have. IF Kaepernick can avoid the outrageous, the same will apply to him.

... RGIII? I just don't see it. If he couldn't stick in Cleveland? Yikes!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 17, 2017 1:18 pm

AaronS wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:Thoughts?
I love the NW. I've lived up here all my life. It is truly a special place.. but man if we haven't passed San Francisco as the freak capitol of the world??!!

Dude, give New York credit. We've got people who wear garbage bags on their head and call it fashion. I mean, I love New York, but it's certainly full of... interesting people. Like alien conspiracy believers and people who make their own soap... and Mets fans.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed May 17, 2017 1:55 pm

RevanFan wrote:Dude, give New York credit. We've got people who wear garbage bags on their head and call it fashion. I mean, I love New York, but it's certainly full of... interesting people. Like alien conspiracy believers and people who make their own soap... and Mets fans.

Fair enough.

But there are, what, 20 million people in that metro area?

There are only 5 million over here.... so per-capita weirdness.. I'd bet we got you beat. :lol:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 17, 2017 2:12 pm

AaronS wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Dude, give New York credit. We've got people who wear garbage bags on their head and call it fashion. I mean, I love New York, but it's certainly full of... interesting people. Like alien conspiracy believers and people who make their own soap... and Mets fans.

Fair enough.

But there are, what, 20 million people in that metro area?

There are only 5 million over here.... so per-capita weirdness.. I'd bet we got you beat. :lol:

If you count the whole metropolitan statistical area, including Long Island, the counties just north of the City, and several counties in New Jersey and one in Pennsylvania, it's about 25 million people. If you just count the City itself, it's about 9 million.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

tomservo
Rookie

Postby tomservo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:30 am

I heard they'll sign Kaepernick, but they'll only put him in for kneeldowns. :lol:

Return to “Seattle Seahawks”