49ers Go Black

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: 49ers Go Black

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sat May 02, 2015 12:31 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Yup makes total sense to wear all black in the hot California sun in an open air stadium. As to why they want to wear black....they want to be like their bay area counterparts the Raiders. Commitment to mediocrity (or worse)..fire a good head coach then suck for a couple of years and redo the hire/firing of a coach all over again.

Not necessarily. They can only wear these uniforms twice a year. You would think that they'll probably get at least two primetime night games a year, which answers the question of when they'll wear them.

Did anyone care that the Raiders wear black when they were winning?

Pittsburgh wears black and they've won six Super Bowls.

Carolina, San Diego and Buffalo are among the teams that wear white for the first one or two home games. None of them have ever won the Big One.

Randall12 wrote:If any team wants to learn, Apparently one of the factors why DALLAS wears WHITE all the time is because WHITE does not soak up the Sun's Heat :lol:

You might be thinking of Miami. Dallas' reasons are that their former owner, Tex Schramm, wanted fans to see the different colours of opposing teams when they came to visit.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat May 02, 2015 12:38 pm

The Cowboys wear white because they are heavenly. ;)

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:04 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Yup makes total sense to wear all black in the hot California sun in an open air stadium. As to why they want to wear black....they want to be like their bay area counterparts the Raiders. Commitment to mediocrity (or worse)..fire a good head coach then suck for a couple of years and redo the hire/firing of a coach all over again.

Not necessarily. They can only wear these uniforms twice a year. You would think that they'll probably get at least two primetime night games a year, which answers the question of when they'll wear them.

Did anyone care that the Raiders wear black when they were winning?

Pittsburgh wears black and they've won six Super Bowls.

Carolina, San Diego and Buffalo are among the teams that wear white for the first one or two home games. None of them have ever won the Big One.

Randall12 wrote:If any team wants to learn, Apparently one of the factors why DALLAS wears WHITE all the time is because WHITE does not soak up the Sun's Heat :lol:

You might be thinking of Miami. Dallas' reasons are that their former owner, Tex Schramm, wanted fans to see the different colours of opposing teams when they came to visit.

Yes that's correct, But I am sure they took a huge notice in the different wearing WHITE in Heat VS Blue :lol:

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sat May 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Randall12 wrote:Yes that's correct, But I am sure they took a huge notice in the different wearing WHITE in Heat VS Blue :lol:

Then how come teams like Jacksonville and Oakland still wear dark during day games?

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Postby deathcrow89 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:00 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
Randall12 wrote:Yes that's correct, But I am sure they took a huge notice in the different wearing WHITE in Heat VS Blue :lol:

Then how come teams like Jacksonville and Oakland still wear dark during day games?

oakland doesnt have any other color other then silver lol and jacksonville actually has black in their logo and color schemes

"I Bleed Blue"

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:09 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:

Because they must like not getting to the playoffs often :lol:

IDK, I do know EAGLES need to ditch their BLACK as well. Or at least use a Black Helmet with it or something.

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Postby deathcrow89 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:13 pm

kind of random to this but for an alternate for the giants would be interesting to see a white helmet with blue pants or something back when they had the leather helmets they had half white half blue helmets that looked pretty neat

"I Bleed Blue"

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat May 02, 2015 9:44 pm

deathcrow89 wrote:kind of random to this but for an alternate for the giants would be interesting to see a white helmet with blue pants or something back when they had the leather helmets they had half white half blue helmets that looked pretty neat

One helmet rule.....
So the Giants traded Beckham....

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Postby deathcrow89 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:01 pm

mee wrote:
deathcrow89 wrote:kind of random to this but for an alternate for the giants would be interesting to see a white helmet with blue pants or something back when they had the leather helmets they had half white half blue helmets that looked pretty neat

One helmet rule.....

well it would be nice to see an alternate like that in madden is that better lol ?

"I Bleed Blue"

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat May 02, 2015 10:03 pm

deathcrow89 wrote:well it would be nice to see an alternate like that in madden is that better lol ?

Well I am not sure how it would look... I have a Blue on Blue in my sig. you can try... But it uses the current helmet..
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Return to “San Francisco 49ers”