All-Pro

Re: Update

Postby DarthViper3k » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Looks like they're gonna be picking up Charles Woodson and Nnamdi Asomugha

madden07fan
All-Pro

Postby madden07fan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:20 pm

DarthViper3k wrote:Looks like they're gonna be picking up Charles Woodson and Nnamdi Asomugha

Not sure I agree with these choices...I do not know how to explain at the moment.

49ers sign Dan Skuta from Bengals and Glenn Dorsey from Chiefs. Not very familiar with these two.

DarthViper3k
All-Pro

Postby DarthViper3k » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:37 pm

madden07fan wrote:
DarthViper3k wrote:Looks like they're gonna be picking up Charles Woodson and Nnamdi Asomugha

Not sure I agree with these choices...I do not know how to explain at the moment.

I agree with you...
Both are sure fire HOF players.... Both are in the twilight's of the careers... and likely only have a couple of seasons left in them.... even if they have more than a couple of seasons... they're likely to command such a $$$ amount as the 49ers may only be able to afford them for a couple of seasons.

It's a decidedly risk the future, win now type of move. If it doesn't pay off with a Super Bowl before they retire... then the cost wont have been worth it.

madden07fan
All-Pro

Postby madden07fan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 pm

DarthViper3k wrote:
madden07fan wrote:

I agree with you...
Both are sure fire HOF players.... Both are in the twilight's of the careers... and likely only have a couple of seasons left in them.... even if they have more than a couple of seasons... they're likely to command such a $$$ amount as the 49ers may only be able to afford them for a couple of seasons.

It's a decidedly risk the future, win now type of move. If it doesn't pay off with a Super Bowl before they retire... then the cost wont have been worth it.

Yea the twilight of their careers...with only a couple of seasons. I would have chosen rookies, but then inexperience is also a problem. Maybe Harbaugh was right in picking these players given the options he has.

DarthViper3k
All-Pro

Postby DarthViper3k » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:54 pm

I dunno... Casey Hayward of the Packers was a rookie last season and lead the team in INTs... almost had rookie def player of the year.
Though that is likely an exception rather than the rule.

Everything I'm reading suggests that this is a deep crop of DBs.. Unless you're winning a Lombardi this season or next... I can't see the value in taking the big $$$ hit these guys would represent.

Considering he was expecting $10m this season from GB.. its likely his agent will try to get him something comparable... thats a lot of money. Specially for somebody that's broken his collar bone twice in 3 seasons.

madden07fan
All-Pro

Postby madden07fan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:46 am

We will see what happens. The Lombardi Trophy is the ultimate goal. This transaction seems more like a waste then a gain. However Harbaugh did turn around the team his 1st year.

An interesting side fact, in Madden 08 one of my rebuilt 49ers players is the Eagles cornerback the team is in persuit of...lol.

madden07fan
All-Pro

Postby madden07fan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:10 pm

49ers sign Safety Craig Dahl (Ex-Ram) to a 3 year deal.

madden07fan
All-Pro

Phil Dawson

Postby madden07fan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:10 am

Niners Sign Phil Dawson

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Re: Phil Dawson

Postby DrBrownsFan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 am

madden07fan wrote:Niners Sign Phil Dawson

:cry: :cry: *sniff* Dawson's kicked for the Brown and Orange for as long as I've watched the Browns (since I was born in late 1995... :roll: ) and it's sad to see him go. Good luck to Phil in San Francisco...
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

Return to “San Francisco 49ers”