Alex Smith

madden07fan
All-Pro

Re: Alex Smith

Postby madden07fan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:42 pm

So the popular opinion is he will go to the Cardinals? Hmm...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Well, apparently there's an alleged report that Chiefs will take Smith over er.. the other Smith (Geno) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1540793-kansas-city-chiefs-chiefs-reportedly-interested-in-alex-smith-over-geno-smith
To me, the move makes sense, God knows you can't rely too much on first overall QBs that move also let Chiefs concentrate on other needs like their OL with their high picks.
Anyway, until a deal is signed you know this is just the old he said-he said game

madden07fan
All-Pro

Postby madden07fan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Loxley wrote:Well, apparently there's an alleged report that Chiefs will take Smith over er.. the other Smith (Geno) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1540793-kansas-city-chiefs-chiefs-reportedly-interested-in-alex-smith-over-geno-smith
To me, the move makes sense, God knows you can't rely too much on first overall QBs that move also let Chiefs concentrate on other needs like their OL with their high picks.
Anyway, until a deal is signed you know this is just the old he said-he said game

That is what I thought, since the Chiefs also took other 49ers QBs such as Montana, Grbac, DeBerg and Bono. However I also heard from Yahoo speculation that the 49ers might not release him and keep him one more year. However, they also stated that the Niners still have plenty of time to release him though.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 pm

AaronS wrote:
NickyJ wrote:Yeah, I think Arizona is the most likely landing place. Fitzgerald HAS to be lobbying for a semi-competent QB.

I can't see the 9ers trading a player to a rival that fills their biggest need.

Maybe if they get the Cardinals 1st rounder... but even then it seems smarter to trade him out of the division at a lower price.

The 49ers will be lucky if they get a 4th round pick for him. He's owed a fair sum of money and not too long ago was considered a 1st overall bust.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

treble
Pro Bowl

Postby treble » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:59 pm

They'll release/trade alex sooner or later. Alex wants to be a starter and I doubt he'll be happy sitting. Barring injuries he's not going to get any snaps in special packages. Does anyone remember the shot of him with his helmet on standing on the sideline in his first game back? I dont remember who they were playing but I was thinking "they're not putting you in alex, take your helmet off and sit down."

DarthViper3k
All-Pro

Postby DarthViper3k » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 pm

It's reported that the 49ers plan on keeping smith on their roster.. well it seems that might at least last to training camp.
I personally can't see him NOT getting traded at some point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... coach-says

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm

DarthViper3k wrote:It's reported that the 49ers plan on keeping smith on their roster.. well it seems that might at least last to training camp.
I personally can't see him NOT getting traded at some point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... coach-says

What news can we really trust? Like the ones who said Tebow was for sure going to Jacksonville?
I don't buy it. GMs lie at this point in the season. Cardinals or Chiefs are gauging his value. Chiefs may take the lead since last heard, Foles is off the trade market (but can we trust that?)
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

DarthViper3k
All-Pro

Postby DarthViper3k » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Thats very true...Smith would make for an expensive backup too.

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Well, as far as my knowledge goes I don't think we should take Jim Harbough's comments too serious, a HC don't normally just openly says he or the team will try to deal a member of his roster, call it strategy or just a way to keep the roster's morale up the thing is that I can't recall any recent report about a HC openly saying there's an interest in dealing some important player on the roster, if I'm not mistaken, Ryan said the Jets were trying to deal Tebow this offseason but, you know, Ryan isn't exactly the best coach out there.
We all know Smith got pissed when he lost the starting job against Kaep, and we know he expressed he wanted out of the organization, I think he's gonna be traded soon, if it's to the Chiefs or the Cards is to be seen.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:19 am

I expect the Cards to get him. From Smith's point of view, what would make the Chiefs a better place to go to? Dwayne Bowe, from what I remember, wants to get out of town, which would leave him with..... Dexter McCluster? When Smith could get Larry?

Return to “San Francisco 49ers”