Alex Smith

madden07fan
All-Pro

Alex Smith

Postby madden07fan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:34 pm

What will happen to him now? Any thoughts? What team do you think will pick him up?

Prior history makes me think the Chiefs will.

On side news, I hope they resign Goldson.

Alex Smith

Sponsor

Sponsor

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Re: Alex Smith

Postby DrBrownsFan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

I heard the Browns are looking at him for a QB competition with Weeden...
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 pm

DrBrownsFan wrote:I heard the Browns are looking at him for a QB competition with Weeden...

Do they still have McCoy?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard BUF for Smith, but with the resigning of Jackson, they might not go that route.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

lbalbo
Veteran

Postby lbalbo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 pm

I hope he goes to Arizona and does for them what Kurt Warner did... and I'm a Cowboys fan.

treble
Pro Bowl

Postby treble » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm thinking the Cards as well, gives Fitz a chance at not wasting his career there. Then again, can you really compare Alex Smith to Kurt Warner? Alex has struggled his entire career because of the inconsistent offensive coordinators, not sure how he'll fare to learn another new system. You have FItzgerald on offense, but who else is a big time playmaker? At least Kurt had Bolden, (a younger) Fitzgerald, Edgerrin James to work with. And how would that Card's O-line hold up for Smith? They were pretty horrible for Kolb and Skelton last year.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Wherever he lands, he MUST have a good coach. Under the poor coaches in SF, he was terrible. Under Harbaugh, he looked good.
I would say Arians could take on Alex Smith. The Cardinals are the favorite for now.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 am

pleake17 wrote:
DrBrownsFan wrote:I heard the Browns are looking at him for a QB competition with Weeden...

Do they still have McCoy?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard BUF for Smith, but with the resigning of Jackson, they might not go that route.

Yeah, we do still have Colt, but he's just not in our long-term plans I guess, for whatever reason. Ridiculous, IMO he never really got a fair trial. I think Smith in the Brown and Orange would be interesting to say the least... But we do have Norv Turner, who was Smith's OC early on, and the two really like each other. We also reportedly have our eye on Matt Flynn, Matt Moore, Ryan Mallett, Nick Foles, and even Jimmy Clausen (all of whom are younger than our 29-year-old rookie Weeden, smh.), and some crazies are even name-dropping Michael Vick. I don't know where Smith will eventually fit in, but Cleveland is definitely interested.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Yeah, I think Arizona is the most likely landing place. Fitzgerald HAS to be lobbying for a semi-competent QB.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:13 pm

NickyJ wrote:Yeah, I think Arizona is the most likely landing place. Fitzgerald HAS to be lobbying for a semi-competent QB.

I can't see the 9ers trading a player to a rival that fills their biggest need.

Maybe if they get the Cardinals 1st rounder... but even then it seems smarter to trade him out of the division at a lower price.

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Well, I don't know for sure where will Smith land next season, but I know of a club that desperately needs a QB however if that club ends getting Smith the fans of the other NFL franchises will be disappointed, the New York Jets (or Jokes if you prefer) needs a QB and a leader badly, Smith would certainly help them but I don't think he'll ends there, not only the roster but the whole organization is a mess, and above all, if they get Smith, where would the fans get the kind of drama-comedy feel in the NFL news next season?
If AZ gets Smith and patch their OL through the Draft and free agency, they're gonna be the surprise team this season.
I think the Chiefs get him

Return to “San Francisco 49ers”