New hope at QB - Former Eagle Nick Foles takes over

FaulkFan
Rookie

Postby FaulkFan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:12 pm

There's a new QB in St. Louis.

Sam Bradford has been traded to the Eagles and in his place we get Nick Foles who comes in with some pretty impressive stats. The most impressive one on the list is his 7 TD passes against the Raiders in 2013. While that might only be a tie for most TD passes in a single game, he's the first ever to achieve that number of TDs and also having a 158.3 passer rating while doing it.

What we also get is a QB that has a reputation for not throwing many interceptions. In 2013 he took the record for best TD-INT ratio in a season with 27 touchdown passes and only 2 interceptions, so there's good reason to be excited about this.

With a solid group of receivers and tight ends and a promising young running back in Tre Mason, the only unknown as far as making this a great offense for 2015 is the O-line. With Austin Davis getting sacked 29 times in the first 10 games last year and Tre Mason - despite being a good RB - only getting 765 yards from scrimmage, something drastic has to be done.

On that note, the Rams just released LT Jake long and C Scott Wells, so they know it's a problem and are trying to do something about it. My guess is they're going into the draft hoping to find the next Andy McCollum, Adam Timmerman or Orlando Pace.
Anyone who says "nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a revolving door!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Randall12
MVP

Re: New hope at QB - Former Eagle Nick Foles takes over

Postby Randall12 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:27 pm

You'll see how well Giraffe Boy plays soon :lol:

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:45 am

st louis got a steal of a deal, they dumped bradford because he is a bust, plain and simple. No excuses. The injuries contributed but even when he was healthy his play is scatter shot at best like jay cutler. One week he is great the next week he lays an egg. Foles may be a product of kelly's system but I think he will be much better than bradford in that he will stay on the field :lol: But only time will tell for foles with a new OC. Unless Chip Kelly takes the eagles with bradford under center to a better than 8-8 season I will stand by my belief that bradford is a bust and the eagles got screwed.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:49 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:st louis got a steal of a deal, they dumped bradford because he is a bust, plain and simple. No excuses. The injuries contributed but even when he was healthy his play is scatter shot at best like jay cutler. One week he is great the next week he lays an egg. Foles may be a product of kelly's system but I think he will be much better than bradford in that he will stay on the field :lol: But only time will tell for foles with a new OC. Unless Chip Kelly takes the eagles with bradford under center to a better than 8-8 season I will stand by my belief that bradford is a bust and the eagles got screwed.

Hopefully Marcus drops enough for us. They are saying EAGLES may take Brett Hundley or however it's spelled.

Jameis Winston said he is staying home for the draft perhaps maybe that will allow him to drop for EAGLES. Kelly could spark up his character better unless Jameis really is another boner head like MCNABB.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Randall12 wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:st louis got a steal of a deal, they dumped bradford because he is a bust, plain and simple. No excuses. The injuries contributed but even when he was healthy his play is scatter shot at best like jay cutler. One week he is great the next week he lays an egg. Foles may be a product of kelly's system but I think he will be much better than bradford in that he will stay on the field :lol: But only time will tell for foles with a new OC. Unless Chip Kelly takes the eagles with bradford under center to a better than 8-8 season I will stand by my belief that bradford is a bust and the eagles got screwed.

Hopefully Marcus drops enough for us. They are saying EAGLES may take Brett Hundley or however it's spelled.

Jameis Winston said he is staying home for the draft perhaps maybe that will allow him to drop for EAGLES. Kelly could spark up his character better unless Jameis really is another boner head like MCNABB.

Someone staying home has no effect on where they are taken. If Tampa wants him, Tampa has him. If not, I still think there's no way he leaves the top 10.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:44 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Randall12 wrote:

Someone staying home has no effect on where they are taken. If Tampa wants him, Tampa has him. If not, I still think there's no way he leaves the top 10.

It does for me, If your not going to show up at the draft that's bigheadedness. Wouldn't want that in my locker room.

But I'm only one person :)

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Nah i think staying home for the draft is kind of a good thing. Its a special day to be drafted and he wants to share that day with his hole family and all his friends.

I'd much rather be home and comfortable than in all dressed up in the theater or where ever they hold the draft this year.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

mikehill
All-Pro

Postby mikehill » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:04 am

It really doesn't matter. Some might see that it is a good thing that he doesn't want publicity.
He si by far the best QB in this draft. If Tampa want's to take a QB they ought to pick him.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mikehillschannel
Bizarre music videos every Sunday

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:05 pm

IDK Perhaps I think differently, to me it's like not showing to your own job interview :lol:

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:38 am

Randall12 wrote:IDK Perhaps I think differently, to me it's like not showing to your own job interview :lol:

Jameis is just pulling a revised geno in case he doesn't get drafted with the first pick....haha
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Los Angeles Rams”