Matt Cassel A Cardinal?

superben21
MVP

Re: Matt Cassel A Cardinal?

Postby superben21 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:48 pm

NickyJ wrote:I think Minnesota will stick with Ponder. I don't think he's as bad as people suggest.

Not saying he's bad, I just think Flynn would be a nice fit there. The offense seems to be built in such a way I could see him being successful. Maybe its just me. I see him starting though this season so if the Vikings are sticking with Ponder then he's not going there.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Sponsor

Sponsor

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:50 pm

superben21 wrote: if the Vikings are sticking with Ponder then he's not going there.

Yep, my thought exactly.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Matt Cassel A Viking?

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Danchat wrote:The Vikings are going into 2013 will Ponder for sure the starting QB. Leslie Fraizer said he didn't want to bring in a QB to push him.
However, they want to bring in a QB to push Joe Webb out of the #2 spot. They have reportedly talked to Matt Moore and Tyler Thigpen.
In my opinion, I'd take any of them, Matt Cassel too. All as backups.

I think Matt Cassel being a Vikings QB is possible too. Christian Ponder is injury prome, and Joe Webb could use some QB Coaching from an older QB. Tyler Thigpen was Drafted by the Vikings in 2007. If he was a good enough backup for them, they wouldn't ave released him after the Pre-Season in the 53-man cut. Matt More? I have nothin' to say about him. Maybe there's room for both Thigpen and Moore. Just have to prove they're right for the job against the 3rd string QB, McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Maybe there's room for both Thigpen and Moore. Just have to prove they're right for the job against the 3rd string QB, McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

There's no reason to keep both. They don't want to spend that much. Webb does have a shot at the #3 job too.
And Thigpen is much more experienced now then when we cut him.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Arizona Cardinals”