GO GREEN!!! FLY EAGLES FLY!!!

619sks
Rookie

Postby 619sks » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Let the hating begin...

The Eagles have made several bold moves including releasing Akers and Bradley and sigining DRC, Young, Babin, Jenkins, Lee, and some guy named ASOMUGHA!!!

Does this make the Eagles the team to beat? Will Jackson holdout? Will Maclin get over his health issues? Will Samuel get traded? Has the Vick bubble burst?

Personally I don't care if we have some rough spots (we will, lacking at kicking/punting and LB is going to hurt bad). Now the rest of the world knows what i have known since i became a fan in 87: the Eagles are well respected from top to bottom, is a place good players want to be, and is now the team to beat in the NFC.

Sponsor

Sponsor

danielanoka
Rookie

Re: GO GREEN!!! FLY EAGLES FLY!!!

Postby danielanoka » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm sorry, I do believe they'll be good, but not good enough. See, all teams need something called chemistry, and we've seen star power combine before and fail (see Miami Heat). I just don't see it. They can be run on. Cullen Jenkins was good in 3-4, not 4-3, Mike Vick is a bit too prone to interceptions (see playoff game). Although, the pass defense would be formidable. Depending on their safeties. I still think Rodgers is good enough to pick apart anyone, sorry. He's not even in his prime yet, either. but yes, they'll be good. Prediction 11-5/12-4 Lose in NFC Championship.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:50 pm

danielanoka wrote:I'm sorry, I do believe they'll be good, but not good enough. See, all teams need something called chemistry, and we've seen star power combine before and fail (see Miami Heat). I just don't see it. They can be run on. Cullen Jenkins was good in 3-4, not 4-3, Mike Vick is a bit too prone to interceptions (see playoff game). Although, the pass defense would be formidable. Depending on their safeties. I still think Rodgers is good enough to pick apart anyone, sorry. He's not even in his prime yet, either. but yes, they'll be good. Prediction 11-5/12-4 Lose in NFC Championship.

Building on what you said, the Eagles really only have one weakness. The Packers. They come with their fast pass rush and send Michael Vick into a panic. We've seen other teams fly past their o-line (Bears, Vikings). The Eagles will have one of the best defenses, close to unbeatable.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Vick is prone to interceptions? Oh rly? He only threw 6 last season. And the one in the playoffs was a desperation heave. Jenkins will stuff the middle against the run along with Cole and Babin. This isn't the heat. The heat were cocky a holes.

The packer Barley beat the eagles in the playoffs. Now Vick and Ried know how defenses will come at them and adjust. Plus the eagles D is better. Rodgers is good, but let him try picking apart a defense with a blanket on one side, and a pick machine on the other along with two double digit sack guys coming at him.

The offense is fine. They just need to hand off a little bit more to stop teams from just blitzing Vick all the time. But now that he knows how teams will try to beat him I'm sure he's got a plan. He's got a RB who has better hands than most WR's, two cheetahs for WR's on the outside, a very good TE.

As far as chemistry that won't be an issue. None of these guys they brought in are selfish egotistical idiots like Lebron James.

I hope they win the SB, I think they can do it, because besides GB I don't see a Real threat. The bears not, Cutler is too pick prone, The saints no, their D isn't what it was 2 years ago, ATL no, the packers ran right through them. I think it's going to come down to PHI and GB.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

danielanoka
Rookie

Postby danielanoka » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm

If this were a giant picture competition, you'd win, hahahah. but it's not. it's football. I'm a lifelong packers fan, and I must say, offseasons seem to never translate to regular season. See my 15 players on IR LOL. I'm excited about the ascension of the entire NFC. It'll be some good battles for the next few years.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:09 pm

But sometimes they do. For example 2004, when philly got T.O and a few others, they made it to within 3 points of an SB win.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

619sks
Rookie

Postby 619sks » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 pm

I agree mostly with what danchat and Vick said above.

And Daniel is right too, teams will run a lot on the Eagles. Don't you see though, they *have* to run. True, lack of depth at LB and Safety is gonna hurt, however our outside D line is looking NICE. Cole and Babin will be meeting in the backfield a lot this season (as will Brandon Graham in a couple years).

If the coaches are right the young guys are going to be FLYING around the ball. Look up some film of Jarret, Chaney and Matthews. Do those guys look easy to run on? The new breed is smaller, and FASTER

birdsofphilly
Rookie

Postby birdsofphilly » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Now Ronnie Brown gets tossed in too, this is just nuts. I am a lifelong Eagle fan and have never been as excited as I am now! I really don't think you can compare the Birds to the Heat; I mean most of the talent is homegrown these big names are coming in as role players not superstars with the exception of Nnamdi. As far as safties are concerned both Coleman and Allen showed a lot last year and I believe the Eagles are exceptional at grooming young safties.

619sks
Rookie

Postby 619sks » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Now there is talk of Taylor Mays on the trading block. Wouldn't that be something.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:37 am

619sks wrote:Now there is talk of Taylor Mays on the trading block. Wouldn't that be something.

A lot of people want him to go to Dallas, but I don't. If a team basically lists a player on EBay, what does that say about the player? They sent a mass email asking for trade offers.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Philadelphia Eagles”