Mike Vick rant

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Mike Vick rant

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Michael Jenkins and great hands in the same sentence. AHAHAHAHA. He has done decent this year though, but in ATL he couldn't catch a cold.

As Far as Joe Webb. I like him a lot. He did pretty good last year. But hes raw as hell. A lot like Tarvaris Jackson. Good arm, good speed, spotty accuracy, But since hes is a scrambling QB he probably won't get a shot, and won't be developed right. Any Reid is the only guy I ever seen who can develop a scrambler, because he isn't an idiot.

Jackson could have been good, I seen it in him. But his confidence was shot to hell. and the fact that childress made him throw on 3rd and 8 all the time.

But Webb could be good. He's big, strong arm, quick. Work out his mechanics a little, get him a little more accurate and he'd be good.

If it were between Webb and Ponder to start I'd say Webb. He knows the offense better, and hes more likely to move the ball because he an run. Ponder would probably set the record for 3 and outs. haha.

In my mind. Scrambling QB's are unfairly labeled as athletes playing QB. Look at Vick now, McNabb, Cunningham in Minnesota, Warren Moon, Steve McNair. All guys who were given a fair shot, and developed, although Cunningham got it late in his career.

Look at Tyrod Taylor and Jake Locker. Both ran pro style offenses. Tyrod had better passing numbers. But he is known for running more than Locker because he is a better runner then Locker, so ppl just assume he has bad accuracy. Look how he did preseason. Lockers numbers were trash this past year, yet he got a first round pick. Not sayin Locker won't do well, but Tyrod should have been in there too. He could be the steal of the draft, too bad he most likely won't get a shot. It's sad. Dennis Dixon on the steelers too. I see these young athletic QB's all the time, and think what could be if idiots weren't coaching in the NFL for the most part.

I'm not saying its done deliberately because they are black, but ppl just think they can't play QB.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Hmmmm, I guess you didn't know that the Baltimore Ravens have 2 QBs on their roster: Joe Flacco and Tyrod Taylor. Yep, he's a backup QB right now.
Michael Jenkins is thriving so far. McNabb seems to like him more than Vick did......
Joe Webb is good, but his future is definitely in question with Ponder. I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded for a draft pick eventually. (even though I think he should stay)
My opinion is that you have to give a QB a good O-line, receivers, tight ends, and running back, and then see if they thrive. If they don't, that's a big hint that they aren't very good.
Oh, and I still don't think T-Jack is going to be very good. But, we'll see how well he does with the Seahawks.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:45 pm

I kno Flacco is a starter but Taylor should have been a first round pick. Not a 6th rounder. Tyrod probably won't ever get a shot as a starter anywhere.

And Tjack hasn't been all that bad, that team is just a bad offense as a unit.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Boy, Donovan McNabb had another average day against KC....
He found Shiancoe a lot, which was good. Even converted a 4th and 14 to....Berrian? WOW! His 2nd catch! What an accomplishment!
But of course there were errors, like the INT (even though it was partly Gerhart's fault) and many incomplete/underthrown balls.
KC has a terrible pass D. The Vikings receivers did not drop one ball today. I expected a little better (in the accuracy and yards category) but you can't blame him for deflections.
McNabb will start next week, but Ponder Mania will ensue soon in Minnesota.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Put anyone at QB for that team excluding Mike Vick, and they will be average. There is absolutely no blocking, and the WR's aint pulling their weight. McNabb is doing all he can. But one guy can only do so much. I promise you Ponder will just be a turn over machine. I think that int was only McNabbs first or second of the year. While Brady has 5. He just doesn't turn it over very often. So the team always has a shot with him at QB. Block for him better, and get better play out of Harvin and Berrian who are speed demons and he'll do better. Berrian dropped off so much after the first few years in Minnesota, and Harvin is just not a true # 1 WR. He's a good Number 2 and a great slot guy. If Rice was still there McNabb would have better stats. Plus that D is just not the same. They too old now.

and Get Gerhart out. He sucks so much. No speed, no hands, hes not that good. They shud make a trade for a Reggie Bush type back. A guy who can be a receiving threat out of the backfield much like Westbrook was. Or hell go out and sign westbrook.

The Vikes have been in every game so far, so they're not as terrible as their record shows.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:21 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:Put anyone at QB for that team excluding Mike Vick, and they will be average. There is absolutely no blocking, and the WR's aint pulling their weight. McNabb is doing all he can. But one guy can only do so much. I promise you Ponder will just be a turn over machine. I think that int was only McNabbs first or second of the year. While Brady has 5. He just doesn't turn it over very often. So the team always has a shot with him at QB. Block for him better, and get better play out of Harvin and Berrian who are speed demons and he'll do better. Berrian dropped off so much after the first few years in Minnesota, and Harvin is just not a true # 1 WR. He's a good Number 2 and a great slot guy. If Rice was still there McNabb would have better stats. Plus that D is just not the same. They too old now.

and Get Gerhart out. He sucks so much. No speed, no hands, hes not that good. They shud make a trade for a Reggie Bush type back. A guy who can be a receiving threat out of the backfield much like Westbrook was. Or hell go out and sign westbrook.

The Vikes have been in every game so far, so they're not as terrible as their record shows.

you know, even with Mike Vick, the Eagles are 1-3. I think every QB needs a good team. Nothing against Vick, the Eagles need some help in other areas.
I'll say that the Vikings blocking was terrible. AP couldn't get anywhere and the defense got penetration.
McNabb is nothing close to a turnover machine, look at Brett Favre last year. But even Favre last year got big passes down and gambled more offen. With McNabb now, the Vikings are probably the most conservative offense in the league. And our defense....well, Winfield is a beast but the rest of the secondary sucks.
I'd be so nice to have Sidney Rice......the Vikes need to draft a WR in the '12 draft.
Gerhart has a ways to go, he was great week 2 but a big dissapointment weeks 3 and 4. You have to wait on him to do better next time. I'd say the Vikings should either use 3rd string RB Lorenzo Booker or get HB Caleb King off the practice squad. He's got a lot of talent.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Yeah But Vick is carrying the eagles offensively. I was just saying any QB besides Vick will be horrible with a bad O line. A younger McNabb would do good, but he just isn't as fast as he was.

And conservative isn't McNabbs fault. They need to let him unleash that big arm he's got to Berrian and Harvin since they speed demons.

Gerhart will never be anything more than a short yardage back. The vikes need a do it all type of back to spell AP. Someone who can be a threat on third downs, Like a bush or westbrook.
I mean I kno they 1-3 but look at how much Lesean Mccoy helps philly? He's a good runner, and a great receiver. As much as I love AP he just isn't that type of back. He's a pure runner mostly. Plus he's been the whole offense minus the year with favre. It's going to catch up to him, and he's going to hit the wall if they don't get another guy to take a little pressure off AP. Or he'll be done in 2 seasons. I can tell he's not As explosive as he was his first two years. He's still a great back, but the wear and tear is starting to take affect especially with his running style. Look at marrion Barber. Granted he was way more physical than AP but it caught up to him quick.

Get another back that can be depended on. Gerhart is just not the answer. Sign Westbrook. or hell go sign Noel Devine who for some reason went undrafted. The dude is a speed demon and has good catching ability. He's a great compliment to AP because he's a lightning rod like a Bush or Sproles.

They offense will go as that running game and O line goes. McNabb is just getting too much pressure in his face.

And the D is shot. They all old basically. Winfield is good, but he's aging, and he gets burned sometimes in man to man. As much as i like him he isnt the shutdown corner he once was. He is still physical and a great tackler, and can still cover pretty good, specially in zone, but that D as a whole is just getting too old.

It sucks though, because at one time that Vikes D was great. You couldn't run on them, and they were tough to pass on too.

Return to “Philadelphia Eagles”