Hall of Fame

Re: Eagles trying to resign bradford

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:45 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
Nice use of the pun!

Thanks! Actually, I didn't notice.....
But, since you mention it, he is an "achilles heel"
It would be a Giants fan's dream to have that happen like Jay Cutler with the Bear for Packers fans lol..same thing.

What? Is that a joke? The Giants aren't any better than the Bears lol. They haven't sniffed the playoffs since the 2011 season.
The Giants being happy about the Eagles re-signing Sam Bradford is THE SAME as the 49ers being happy if the Rams were to re-sign Nick Foles. Exactly the same.
That's funny, though.
Eli Manning Career rating - 83.5
Jay Cutler - 86.0

Cutler has NEVER thrown more interceptions than TD's in a season. Eli has done that TWICE. In 2013 his TD to INT ratio was 18 - 27.....Daayumm!!

Look, I like Forrest Gump, er...Eli Manning.....and I do beleive he deserves to be in the Hall for his two Super Bowl MVP's.

I know what Cutler is and I know what he is not. I'll tell you what though, the Eagles re-signing Bradford makes Jay Cutler seem pretty decent.

We'll agree to disagree...Manning is not better because of his two superbowl rings...but when the playoffs (if they get in lol) come around he always ups his game, while cutler just folds.....manning > cutler....forget the rings it's still not close....stats don't tell everything....Eli is a leader...cutler is not....that's the only difference and it is a big one....

Due to poor coaching the Giants lost some close games, and didn't close them out or they would have at least won 3 more games....they lost a few in the last sec due to poor clock management from coughlin...so yes i still think talent wise especially with obj and the offense they are better than the bears (especially after they were dumb enough to let a solid guy like forte walk and so far not resigning to a longer deal alshon jeffery only franchise tagging him) who's going to pass protect cutler now (rb?).....

BTW your killin it with these puns man....lol "achilles heel"

Yes agree to disagree...this is healthy debating, nothing personal.
But why does Eli get a pass for poor coaching? Cutler has had to deal with three of the worst OCs to ever hold the position.
Letting Forte walk was a terrible mistake. Alshon Jeffery getting the tag is because he is injury prone. He only played 9 games in '15. If he has an injury-free '16 and continues to grow, they'll offer him big money. Right now, he isn't worth it.

And I NEVER said Jay was Better than Eli, or the Bears are better than the Giants, but they are alot closer than you think. I said
The Giants being happy about the Eagles re-signing Sam Bradford is THE SAME as the 49ers being happy if the Rams were to re-sign Nick Foles. Exactly the same.

Eli has had 5 post-season appearances, 2 championships and 3 one-and-done. During those, his TD to INT is 2 to 5 with an average RAT of 54.8.
So in the playoffs, Eli folds 66.7% of the time. Not alot of "stepping his game up" there.

Jay has 2 career playoff games, 1W 1L, 2 tds 1 int with an rating of 84.8 and 2 rushing tds. He never folded, he was INJURED.

But yeah, poor coaching for Eli. Because Jay Cutler has had the best coaches ever in the NFL and still is a complete failure.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:49 am

1312qohelet wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
Nice use of the pun!

Thanks! Actually, I didn't notice.....
But, since you mention it, he is an "achilles heel"
It would be a Giants fan's dream to have that happen like Jay Cutler with the Bear for Packers fans lol..same thing.

What? Is that a joke? The Giants aren't any better than the Bears lol. They haven't sniffed the playoffs since the 2011 season.
That's funny, though.
Eli Manning Career rating - 83.5
Jay Cutler - 86.0

Cutler has NEVER thrown more interceptions than TD's in a season. Eli has done that TWICE. In 2013 his TD to INT ratio was 18 - 27.....Daayumm!!

Look, I like Forrest Gump, er...Eli Manning.....and I do beleive he deserves to be in the Hall for his two Super Bowl MVP's.

I know what Cutler is and I know what he is not. I'll tell you what though, the Eagles re-signing Bradford makes Jay Cutler seem pretty decent.

We'll agree to disagree...Manning is not better because of his two superbowl rings...but when the playoffs (if they get in lol) come around he always ups his game, while cutler just folds.....manning > cutler....forget the rings it's still not close....stats don't tell everything....Eli is a leader...cutler is not....that's the only difference and it is a big one....

Due to poor coaching the Giants lost some close games, and didn't close them out or they would have at least won 3 more games....they lost a few in the last sec due to poor clock management from coughlin...so yes i still think talent wise especially with obj and the offense they are better than the bears (especially after they were dumb enough to let a solid guy like forte walk and so far not resigning to a longer deal alshon jeffery only franchise tagging him) who's going to pass protect cutler now (rb?).....

BTW your killin it with these puns man....lol "achilles heel"

Yes agree to disagree...this is healthy debating, nothing personal.
But why does Eli get a pass for poor coaching? Cutler has had to deal with three of the worst OCs to ever hold the position.
Letting Forte walk was a terrible mistake. Alshon Jeffery getting the tag is because he is injury prone. He only played 9 games in '15. If he has an injury-free '16 and continues to grow, they'll offer him big money. Right now, he isn't worth it.

And I NEVER said Jay was Better than Eli, or the Bears are better than the Giants, but they are alot closer than you think. I said

Eli has had 5 post-season appearances, 2 championships and 3 one-and-done. During those, his TD to INT is 2 to 5 with an average RAT of 54.8.
So in the playoffs, Eli folds 66.7% of the time. Not alot of "stepping his game up" there.

Jay has 2 career playoff games, 1W 1L, 2 tds 1 int with an rating of 84.8 and 2 rushing tds. He never folded, he was INJURED.

But yeah, poor coaching for Eli. Because Jay Cutler has had the best coaches ever in the NFL and still is a complete failure.

Yea what I'm saying is you say the bears and giants are close...my opinion is the giants are slightly better lets say bears overall 88 and giants overall 90 madden ovr rating so to speak....because of the giants offense not because their respective defenses are that great....

Cutler is a coach killer (as I've said many times before) and other than a strong arm, I don't think he actually "reads" defenses....Heck even charles woodson says Jay will throw us the ball when he played for the packers....if that isn't an indictment on how cutler stinks I don't know what is....
there have been head butting with mike martz calling a play and cutler saying no I'm going with my own....and martz and him didn't get along too well....same with the previous OC.

I still think if you need to win a game in the 4th quarter eli is your guy because he exhibits leadership/confidence in his fellow players while cutler has no leadership skills, heck even brandon marshall who plays for the jets but played several years with cutler is even talking how he doesn't really like cutler anymore...and even when they were in chicago he argued with cutler....sure you can say any team has those dynamics but for 10+ seasons in the league he doesn't have much to show for it....his careless attitude is what rubs me wrong the most....if your the qb yo should be the one most concerned about your teams success and his benching press conference was like so what Chicago...im benched still making the money....not the mentality of a competitor/leader.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:11 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Cutler is a coach killer (as I've said many times before) and other than a strong arm, I don't think he actually "reads" defenses....Heck even charles woodson says Jay will throw us the ball when he played for the packers....if that isn't an indictment on how cutler stinks I don't know what is....
there have been head butting with mike martz calling a play and cutler saying no I'm going with my own....and martz and him didn't get along too well....same with the previous OC.

Charles Woodson said that once on MNF back in 2012. It was some good shit-talking, I enjoyed it. What, is Brandon Marshall the head authority of who's good and who is not in the NFL. I love Marshall, one of my all-time favorites, but that dude clashes with somebody on EVERY team he has played for. He never said "I don't like Cutler". What he said was "Marc Trestman and staff did not hold Cutler accountable". I can agree with that statement. Trestman didn't hold anyone accountable.The "Marc Trestman Experiment" was an absolute TRAIN-WRECK.

Oh, you don't like the fact that he wasn't "upset enough" when Trestman benched him? You are the one who said "he's a whiner". If he was up there pitching a bitch, you'd yell "CYR BABY...I TOLD YOU!" He accepted it calmly, like a man, and moved on...then you say "he doesn't care like a real leader". Pick one.

Now to your 4th quarter theory. Eli has 33 game-winning drives in his career, 27 of those are 4th quarter comebacks.
Jay has 25 game-winning drives, 21 of those being 4th quarter comebacks. Pretty darn close, especially since Eli has been in the league 2 years longer than Cutty.
I know you say "stats aren't everything" and I agree with that, but stats DON'T LIE, either.

You just look and say "I don't like that guy, or this guy, or this guy". And this is the United States, so you are free to love or hate anyone you choose.
Just remember, Tom Brady's, Aaron Rodgers', Chicken Parm's, Drew Brees', those caliber qb's aren't exactly walking around everywhere....so yeah, Cutler ain't that bad. I'll take him over Bradford, Tannehill, Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Kaepernick, just to name a few. And none of those guys are terrible, well Kap isn't looking too promising, but for the most part, their teams CAN win with them.

Thank you for the lively debate. It's alot of fun playing "point, counter point". However, I respectfully concede this one. And so you are aware, I am NOT ending it as some douche-bag way of getting the final word. I just don't want to think anymore about how bad my Bears will be next season. There will be plenty of time for that after the draft and as we move into preseason.
So....until next time

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:06 am

1312qohelet wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Cutler is a coach killer (as I've said many times before) and other than a strong arm, I don't think he actually "reads" defenses....Heck even charles woodson says Jay will throw us the ball when he played for the packers....if that isn't an indictment on how cutler stinks I don't know what is....

Charles Woodson said that once on MNF back in 2012. It was some good shit-talking, I enjoyed it. What, is Brandon Marshall the head authority of who's good and who is not in the NFL. I love Marshall, one of my all-time favorites, but that dude clashes with somebody on EVERY team he has played for. He never said "I don't like Cutler". What he said was "Marc Trestman and staff did not hold Cutler accountable". I can agree with that statement. Trestman didn't hold anyone accountable.The "Marc Trestman Experiment" was an absolute TRAIN-WRECK.

Oh, you don't like the fact that he wasn't "upset enough" when Trestman benched him? You are the one who said "he's a whiner". If he was up there pitching a bitch, you'd yell "CYR BABY...I TOLD YOU!" He accepted it calmly, like a man, and moved on...then you say "he doesn't care like a real leader". Pick one.

Now to your 4th quarter theory. Eli has 33 game-winning drives in his career, 27 of those are 4th quarter comebacks.
Jay has 25 game-winning drives, 21 of those being 4th quarter comebacks. Pretty darn close, especially since Eli has been in the league 2 years longer than Cutty.
I know you say "stats aren't everything" and I agree with that, but stats DON'T LIE, either.

You just look and say "I don't like that guy, or this guy, or this guy". And this is the United States, so you are free to love or hate anyone you choose.
Just remember, Tom Brady's, Aaron Rodgers', Chicken Parm's, Drew Brees', those caliber qb's aren't exactly walking around everywhere....so yeah, Cutler ain't that bad. I'll take him over Bradford, Tannehill, Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Kaepernick, just to name a few. And none of those guys are terrible, well Kap isn't looking too promising, but for the most part, their teams CAN win with them.

Thank you for the lively debate. It's alot of fun playing "point, counter point". However, I respectfully concede this one. And so you are aware, I am NOT ending it as some douche-bag way of getting the final word. I just don't want to think anymore about how bad my Bears will be next season. There will be plenty of time for that after the draft and as we move into preseason.
So....until next time

------------------------------
Just want to point out I would not "b*%t@!" (also side note please watch the language as some young players <13 or so abound here and we try to keep the profanity quite down) about cutler being benched, he just needed to admit "hey I've not been playing well lately, and I need to regroup and work harder" that is a response of a leader...alex smith was benched for kapernick but said "he's all about doing what's good for the team" that is a leader sure he may not be the best qb but smith has my respect for that....

I agree to just end the discussion....don't care who gets the last word just wanted to clear up that part....peace!
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:23 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Just want to point out I would not "b*%t@!" (also side note please watch the language as some young players <13 or so abound here and we try to keep the profanity quite down) about cutler being benched, he just needed to admit "hey I've not been playing well lately, and I need to regroup and work harder" that is a response of a leader...alex smith was benched for kapernick but said "he's all about doing what's good for the team" that is a leader sure he may not be the best qb but smith has my respect for that....

I agree to just end the discussion....don't care who gets the last word just wanted to clear up that part....peace!

This forum operates under a PG-13 rule. His language was on the edge of PG-13. Not ideal for the forum, but still technically PG-13.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:02 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Just want to point out I would not "b*%t@!" (also side note please watch the language as some young players <13 or so abound here and we try to keep the profanity quite down) about cutler being benched, he just needed to admit "hey I've not been playing well lately, and I need to regroup and work harder" that is a response of a leader...alex smith was benched for kapernick but said "he's all about doing what's good for the team" that is a leader sure he may not be the best qb but smith has my respect for that....

This forum operates under a PG-13 rule. His language was on the edge of PG-13. Not ideal for the forum, but still technically PG-13.

'nuff said

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:07 am

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

'nuff said

Just trying to keep it professional and clean for everyone that's all..but good to know that the limit is pg-13 hehe... :)

phillyrepn
Rookie

Postby phillyrepn » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:15 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:The eagles are trying to resign sam bradford and have increased their offer to him. I personally as a Giants fan hope that they sign him, as he is not a good quarterback and will hold that team hostage for a few more years lol....
Well you won't have to worry about that now :P

Return to “Philadelphia Eagles”