Sam bradford

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Sam bradford

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 pm

I wanted to get some quick opinions on Sam Bradford whether my fellow maddeners think he is a bust (I do) or if he may have a legit chance at changing his career trajectory with the eagles. It is hilarious when every nfl.com story is about chip kelly being some kind of qb wizard and that he will fix Sam Bradford. I have to be honest and say he (kelly) did very good with guys like Foles/Sanchez but I think he will absolutely flop with Bradford. The dude is not as talented as Foles/Sanchez even though people continually say his pre-draft workouts were amazing. I find those writers on NFL.com quoting a workout 5 freaking years ago just plain stupid. The guy has torn his acl a couple of times and never been through a full season. I thinks its time he's called what he is a B-U-S-T. Most guys with at least 5 years and not making it as a qb are labeled a bust (see Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert etc). Anyway enough ranting lets get some opinions up in here especially from Eagles fans (I'm not one :) but I'm interested to hear their opinion on their qb competition in general.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sam bradford

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Sam bradford

Postby Danchat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:52 pm

I think while NFL.com does make him seem overrated, Chip Kelly is still a pretty decent QB guru.

I also think that Bradford is better than Sanchez and Foles. However... what's the chances Bradford plays a full season? I think he's going to get hurt [again] very quickly. Also, the latest reports out of Philly say that Bradford is still hobbled and hasn't participated in the 11 on 11 drills.

I don't really get why the Eagles traded Foles and a 2nd rounder to get Bradford. I think that's a pretty bad deal for them.
Also, there's been talk of Bradford getting an extension. Now that's a bad idea. See if he can play through a full season first!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:49 am

I'd say that his 2010 and 2012 seasons show that he has the ability to be a serviceable starter or a high quality back-up, but the fact they they are his only full seasons should be a big red flag against giving him a big contract (or at least big guaranteed money, which is what really maters these days) or planning your team's future around him.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:13 am

I don't think Bradford is a bust in the sense that he doesn't have talent. It's that he's always too injured to use that talent. Philly trading for him was stupid, and with them further dismantling the team, I will be amazed if he survives even half the season.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Very good discussion guys...

Danchat...I agree Chip Kelly get's the most out of his players, I just think bradford is damaged goods at this point b/c his mechanics are off and I also read an article where he's been listed as a checkdown machine...afraid to take shots downfield.... Kelly may (and that's a big may) get bradford to deliver but I think at this point it's a tall task given his injury history and bad mechanics.

Petroleum...I agree except I think he should be a backup at this point in his career. Giving him an extension would be a really dumb move both for the team's future and financially for someone who can't stay on the field.

NickyJ.... yea philly trading for him was a big head scratcher especially since foles has been pretty reliable except for the collar bone injury. Fisher pulled a steal to get foles and dump bradford. I agree bradford has talent, I've watched a few rams games, but I think he has regressed in several areas not just because of physical injuries but the mental side of confidence and taking shots down field. I'm predicting if he starts the season he won't last but 3 games max and either injure himself running out of bounds or something else lol. He's got no excuse their offensive line is decent not as dominant as dallas but pretty darn good. I think the eagles even with kelly will do bad this year bc like you said they had a lot of player turnover, and it takes a while for the team to gel. If they do make a playoff spot it will be a wildcard otherwise they will have a 9-7 record and be a mediocre team in the NFC east.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:16 pm

If I were the Eagles I'd look to give Bradford a contract with a yearly average of around $5 Million a year, similar to what Josh McCown got in Cleveland or Brian Hoyer from the Texans. Loading it up with incentives would be good too (extra money for throwing for 3500/4000 yards, which would necessitate him being healthy and playing well).

The worst outcome for the Eagles is if they don't give Bradford a new contract before the season and he has a career year. Then they either have to let Bradford test free agency or pay him based off one great [hypothetical] year instead of based on two good years out of five.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:03 pm

I get the TRADE.

Reports apparently have Bradford having a ROCKET ARM , Has a real rifle. I watch Daily News from Philly all the time.

The Knees just need to stay in 1 piece :lol: .

Nick Foles looked completely clueless last year.

Looked just like this man right here while playing football.

I think it all had to do with Rookie Year being the year no one expects anything so there was no PRESSURE to be good.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Sam Bradford might do well in Chip Kelly's offense, since it's college style. In fact, all the QBs he has were stars in college.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:51 pm

I don't see Bradford having much chance of improvement because:
a)bum corp of WR's the eagles have, the passing attack surely will struggle. J Maclin was a reliable target, gone to KC :D.
b)Bradford will need to stay healthy, throw less INT's and improve his accuracy.
c)Improve QB rating of 79 avg, to at least 93.

D.Murray will carry the load just like McCoy did. Bradford won't be asked to win games or shoulder the load.

Return to “Philadelphia Eagles”