Not a bad game.

Paul Bound
Pro Bowl

Re: Not a bad game.

Postby Paul Bound » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 pm

LawDawg wrote:
Paul Bound wrote:I have both 07 and 08 and I have to say I prefer 08. The things I enjoy more about 08 are:

QB slide option, kicking controlls.

For QB slide in 07 go to controller config, select the rushing category. Change from config1 to custom. Remap dive to another button (I remapped it to 2). Then map it back. Your QB should now slide.

Just my opinion but as far as the kicking controls, I prefer the two button only because the analog makes it way too easy to make FGs in 08. With the two button method, I find my thumb can get a little twitchy kicking an important FG. In 08, FG's are a guarantee unless its windy or beyond 55 yards.

Madden's from 04 thru 08 all have their good and bad moments.

I've been playing 04 a lot lately but after reading this thread I'm going to give 07 another go since my 04 franny just crashed on me. :cry:

Thanks for the tip on sliding LawDawg. When you say the slide should work once you have remapped the dive button, do you mean the qb slide will now work when you tap or will the dive button execute a QB slide regardless of how you tap it?

I think you probably have a good point regarding the 2 button field goals. It is a greater challange. I might go try it out again.

I am going to try out 05 again as well, see how it plays without all the offensive extras.

Sponsor

Sponsor

LawDawg
Rookie

Postby LawDawg » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:03 am

Paul Bound wrote:
Thanks for the tip on sliding LawDawg. When you say the slide should work once you have remapped the dive button, do you mean the qb slide will now work when you tap or will the dive button execute a QB slide regardless of how you tap it?

Your QB will slide regardless. My memory might be failing me but for some reason I think Madden coded an exception to this remapped slide for when you need to dive into the endzone with your QB. I would let you know but I tried 07 last night and think I'm going back to 04 once I settle on a roster.

Have fun with 05!

Paul Bound
Pro Bowl

Postby Paul Bound » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:03 pm

I got the QB slide working, thanks for the tip. When you are playing a franchise on 04 do you actually play the games or just coach mode?

What is it you like about 04 over other versions gameplay wise?

LawDawg
Rookie

Postby LawDawg » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Paul Bound wrote:I got the QB slide working, thanks for the tip. When you are playing a franchise on 04 do you actually play the games or just coach mode?

I play the game because I get aggravated in coach mode watching my QB not throw to a wide open receiver and then seeing my HB zig instead of zag.

Things I like about 04?

not in any order...

1) I like the rookie scouting method.
2) Players ratings mean something. You can really feel a guys speed and if he's agile or not. HB with low agility is really hard to "steer".
3) Fun to run in the open field and make someone miss with a spin or a juke move.
4) OL seem to make blocks logically and not bypass a guy right infront of them to go for someone downfield.
5) You can actually return punts for touchdowns...something I know you cant do in 07, 08 and maybe in 06
6) I've seen tackling where one guy is engaged with the runner and another defender comes and makes an impact on the play...later versions the second defender would bounce off the invisible force field and not affect anything besides his dignity.
7) Suction blocking and tackling is less evident
8) DL use nice swim moves to break blocks
9) The sliders I use make the cpu competetive. Last playoff game of my franny before it crashed, the cpu was taking me to school.

Madden NFL 2004 PC v4.1.0.0 Game Log - Bandits at Bucs
Game Time: Wed Sep 18 20:22:48 2013
Skill Level: All Pro
Quarter Length: 10 minute(s)

Slider Human CPU
QB Accuracy 45 45
Pass Blocking 15 15
Receiver Catching 70 70
Running Ability 65 65
Offensive line Run Blocking 70 70
Defensive Awareness 65 65
Defensive line Knockdowns 70 70
Interceptions 20 20
Defensive Break Blocks 50 50
Tackling 35 35
Fieldgoal Length 55 55
Fieldgoal Accuracy 50 0
Punt Length 65 70
Punt Accuracy 45 70
Kickoff Length 55 50

Paul Bound
Pro Bowl

Postby Paul Bound » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:57 pm

LawDawg wrote:
Paul Bound wrote:I got the QB slide working, thanks for the tip. When you are playing a franchise on 04 do you actually play the games or just coach mode?

I play the game because I get aggravated in coach mode watching my QB not throw to a wide open receiver and then seeing my HB zig instead of zag.

Things I like about 04?

not in any order...

1) I like the rookie scouting method.
2) Players ratings mean something. You can really feel a guys speed and if he's agile or not. HB with low agility is really hard to "steer".
3) Fun to run in the open field and make someone miss with a spin or a juke move.
4) OL seem to make blocks logically and not bypass a guy right infront of them to go for someone downfield.
5) You can actually return punts for touchdowns...something I know you cant do in 07, 08 and maybe in 06
6) I've seen tackling where one guy is engaged with the runner and another defender comes and makes an impact on the play...later versions the second defender would bounce off the invisible force field and not affect anything besides his dignity.
7) Suction blocking and tackling is less evident
8) DL use nice swim moves to break blocks
9) The sliders I use make the cpu competetive. Last playoff game of my franny before it crashed, the cpu was taking me to school.

Madden NFL 2004 PC v4.1.0.0 Game Log - Bandits at Bucs
Game Time: Wed Sep 18 20:22:48 2013
Skill Level: All Pro
Quarter Length: 10 minute(s)

Slider Human CPU
QB Accuracy 45 45
Pass Blocking 15 15
Receiver Catching 70 70
Running Ability 65 65
Offensive line Run Blocking 70 70
Defensive Awareness 65 65
Defensive line Knockdowns 70 70
Interceptions 20 20
Defensive Break Blocks 50 50
Tackling 35 35
Fieldgoal Length 55 55
Fieldgoal Accuracy 50 0
Punt Length 65 70
Punt Accuracy 45 70
Kickoff Length 55 50

That does sound like a fun game. What utilities do you use for editing and things? Is it possible to edit the number of progression points etc in a franchise, or change teams you control mid franchise?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:33 pm

LawDawg wrote:5) You can actually return punts for touchdowns...something I know you cant do in 07, 08 and maybe in 06

I wouldn't go that far. I have three punt return touchdowns in the last five seasons in my franchise. However, to get them, you need the right play call, amazing blocking, a returner with great agility, and plain luck.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:14 pm

I used to run back and forth across the field, going progressively backwards, until a hole opened or I got tackled for a safety... I got many PR's for TD's that way. Travis Benjamin has done that in real life for the Browns, and college players do it all the time, so it's not unrealistic.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

LawDawg
Rookie

Postby LawDawg » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:33 pm

RevanFan wrote:
LawDawg wrote:5) You can actually return punts for touchdowns...something I know you cant do in 07, 08 and maybe in 06

I wouldn't go that far. I have three punt return touchdowns in the last five seasons in my franchise. However, to get them, you need the right play call, amazing blocking, a returner with great agility, and plain luck.

DrBrownsFan wrote:I used to run back and forth across the field, going progressively backwards, until a hole opened or I got tackled for a safety... I got many PR's for TD's that way. Travis Benjamin has done that in real life for the Browns, and college players do it all the time, so it's not unrealistic.

I bow down to both of you guys if you did this in 07 or 08...lol I've come close one time in many many many games vs all-pro and all-madden. I wish I could get a happy medium returning punts between 04 (fairly easy) to 08 (very difficult).

Paul Bound wrote:That does sound like a fun game. What utilities do you use for editing and things? Is it possible to edit the number of progression points etc in a franchise, or change teams you control mid franchise?

I'll refer you to the 04 part of this forum. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14731 I use the editor 2.9 made for Madden 06. It does not have to option to change progression points but I feel 04 does a great job on progression anyways (yet another thing I like about 04). You can change control of the teams.

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:03 am

LawDawg wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

DrBrownsFan wrote:I used to run back and forth across the field, going progressively backwards, until a hole opened or I got tackled for a safety... I got many PR's for TD's that way. Travis Benjamin has done that in real life for the Browns, and college players do it all the time, so it's not unrealistic.

I bow down to both of you guys if you did this in 07 or 08...lol I've come close one time in many many many games vs all-pro and all-madden. I wish I could get a happy medium returning punts between 04 (fairly easy) to 08 (very difficult).

Paul Bound wrote:That does sound like a fun game. What utilities do you use for editing and things? Is it possible to edit the number of progression points etc in a franchise, or change teams you control mid franchise?

I'll refer you to the 04 part of this forum. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14731 I use the editor 2.9 made for Madden 06. It does not have to option to change progression points but I feel 04 does a great job on progression anyways (yet another thing I like about 04). You can change control of the teams.

Oh. Mine were all against rookie. LOL I haven't been able to return one on All-Pro yet... but then again I grew out of running backwards every play.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:12 am

DrBrownsFan wrote:Oh. Mine were all against rookie. LOL I haven't been able to return one on All-Pro yet... but then again I grew out of running backwards every play.

My PRTDs are on pro. What is weird is I can't return punts for touchdowns on rookie, but I can on pro. And I don't often run backwards. I mostly run forward and sideways, with lots of spin moves. They seem to work well enough.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Madden 07 PC”