Not a bad game.

madden07fan
All-Pro

Re: Not a bad game.

Postby madden07fan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:45 pm

AaronS wrote:Do the playbook editors work with 2007?

The playbook editors will run with Madden 07, but I have not tested them to the full extent yet.

Sponsor

Sponsor

add|ct
Rookie

Postby add|ct » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:39 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:
Austinmario wrote:Madden 07 and Madden 08 are compatible.
But here's some Differences:
1. Uniforms (08 doesn't have some strips)
2. Field Quality (08 is brighter)
3. Weather (in 08 you see rain and see snow)
4. rosters
5. Version (07 goes all the way up to v.6)
6. kicking game (08 using analog stick, 07 uses 2 button)
7. portraits (Madden 07 has WAY more portraits than 08)

so are you saying rosters are compatible? if so, everyone should link all the classic rosters they have.

He listed rosters as part of a list of 'differences'.

...but is it still 'compatible'?

I never played 07.

My fav madden game all-time was 2003 for PS2. I would probably try 2004 on PC, but I got 2005 instead. IMO? That was my favorite. However, folks seem to like 2006 since it gave the ball carriers and offense more flexibility as well.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:56 pm

madden07fan wrote:The playbook editors will run with Madden 07, but I have not tested them to the full extent yet.

Just for the record, I just got one of my 2008 playbooks to work with 2007 without editing anything (didn't test extensively!!)

Landmass Wave
Veteran

Postby Landmass Wave » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:13 pm

I have both versions and I prefer the way 07 plays. I don't know if it's just a matter of personal preference or if 07 has smoother controls, but I find 07 to be a better game.

h4wduk3n
All-Pro

Postby h4wduk3n » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:07 pm

I totally agree, 07 has a nice smooth feel to it...can't put my finger on it either...

Paul Bound
Pro Bowl

Postby Paul Bound » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:22 pm

I have both 07 and 08 and I have to say I prefer 08. The things I enjoy more about 08 are:

QB slide option, kicking controlls and the way the screen game works. The logic on screen passes in 07 isnt quite as smooth as 08, the player catching the pass seems to have too much momentum moving towards the qb to catch the pass.

Neither version is perfect but adjusting the sliders to suit you can get quite a playable game in both.

I re-installed 05 a month or two back and was quite pleasently surprised by how it played. I enjoy the fact the defence dominates, better than having every game as a shoot out.

Still a little more playing and comparing before Im fully convinced.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 am

Paul Bound wrote:I have both 07 and 08 and I have to say I prefer 08. The things I enjoy more about 08 are:

QB slide option, kicking controlls and the way the screen game works. The logic on screen passes in 07 isnt quite as smooth as 08, the player catching the pass seems to have too much momentum moving towards the qb to catch the pass.

Neither version is perfect but adjusting the sliders to suit you can get quite a playable game in both.

I re-installed 05 a month or two back and was quite pleasently surprised by how it played. I enjoy the fact the defence dominates, better than having every game as a shoot out.

Still a little more playing and comparing before Im fully convinced.

You do realize this thread has been dead for over ten months?

Paul Bound
Pro Bowl

Postby Paul Bound » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:14 am

Yeah I do realize that. Doesn't matter to me though, people still come and check out different topics.

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Austinmario wrote:You do realize this thread has been dead for over ten months?

A. This thread isn't in the main community section, so it's out of the way.
B. Name a more appropriate thread to post this in. There is none.
C. Since this isn't the most popular topic on FI, this was the second most recent thread in the M07 topic despite its age, so it was only bumped up one post.

Don't jump on somebody just because they bumped a thread. :roll:
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

LawDawg
Rookie

Postby LawDawg » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Paul Bound wrote:I have both 07 and 08 and I have to say I prefer 08. The things I enjoy more about 08 are:

QB slide option, kicking controlls.

For QB slide in 07 go to controller config, select the rushing category. Change from config1 to custom. Remap dive to another button (I remapped it to 2). Then map it back. Your QB should now slide.

Just my opinion but as far as the kicking controls, I prefer the two button only because the analog makes it way too easy to make FGs in 08. With the two button method, I find my thumb can get a little twitchy kicking an important FG. In 08, FG's are a guarantee unless its windy or beyond 55 yards.

Madden's from 04 thru 08 all have their good and bad moments.

I've been playing 04 a lot lately but after reading this thread I'm going to give 07 another go since my 04 franny just crashed on me. :cry:

Return to “Madden 07 PC”