Madden 07 not working for PC

endicottroad
Rookie

Re: Madden 07 not working for PC

Postby endicottroad » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:29 pm

I am having a devil of a time getting Madden 7 to work. I had purchased a new PC with Windows 7 on it, installed the game, then tried to play it. Every time my team scored in the last 2 minutes of the half, the game would freeze up and crash right after I kicked the extra point. After much handwringing and help from friends, I bought a PC specifically to use for Madden 07. It has Windows XP Pro on it and has all the right hardware. Installed Madden 07, started a franchise, played the first pre-season game and, GUESS WHAT? It froze just after I scored a touchdown with 20 seconds left in the first half.
WTF is going on here?
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Endicott Road.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:32 pm

endicottroad wrote:I am having a devil of a time getting Madden 7 to work. I had purchased a new PC with Windows 7 on it, installed the game, then tried to play it. Every time my team scored in the last 2 minutes of the half, the game would freeze up and crash right after I kicked the extra point. After much handwringing and help from friends, I bought a PC specifically to use for Madden 07. It has Windows XP Pro on it and has all the right hardware. Installed Madden 07, started a franchise, played the first pre-season game and, GUESS WHAT? It froze just after I scored a touchdown with 20 seconds left in the first half.
WTF is going on here?
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Endicott Road.

Are you using a custom playbook? If so, this might be a problem with the playbook AI. Open the playbook with an editor and look through the PBAI tab to see if there are any situations where no play is selected. What you describe used to happen to me and it turned out that it was a problem with the squib kick AI. There was no play selected for those situations, so since the playbook didn't know what to do, it crashed.

If you don't already have one, you should be able to find a playbook editor on this site. If you can't find it, I can help you locate it. If you have an editor and it has no PBAI tab, it might be an old version and you might need to get a newer version.

Let me know if I can help any further!

Return to “Madden 07 PC”