Using unis, etc from 08 ff 13 mods in 07

h4wduk3n
All-Pro

Postby h4wduk3n » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi all -

After some hacking a while ago, I figured out how to use the new madden 13 ff mod's uniform updates in madden 07. In fact these instructions should work for any uniforms.dat file that you're trying to port from 08 to 07.

Let's call your 08 uniforms.dat uniformssrc.dat
Let's call your 08 dbtemplates.dat dbtemplatessrc.dat

Copy uniformssrc.dat to the madden 07 folder in my documents
Copy dbtemplatessrc.dat to the madden 07 folder in my documents

Use the madden DB extractor to extract files 6 and 12 from dbtemplatessrc.dat
Use the madden DB editor to extract the tuni, team, (from file 6) and unif (from file 12) tables as csvs

Copy the dbtemplates.dat from your madden07 INSTALL folder to your madden 07 folder in my documents

Use the madden DB extractor to extract files 6 and 12 from dbtemplates.dat (your 07 db templates)
Use the madden DB editor to replace the tuni, team, (into the NEW file 6) and unif tables (into the NEW file 12) you extracted from dbtemplatessrc.
Use the madden DB extractor to replace files 6 and 12 in your dbtemplates.dat (07 version) with the new modified files 6 and 12 you just touched.

Now madden 07 should be playable with the new uni's from the mod!

What about using updated rosters you say?

Well, you'll need to grab the updated madden 08 roster and insert the 08 tuni and team tables into file 6 of that roster.
You will also need to update the player roles using this table:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=14620

Issues? You BET...here they are:
In exhibition mode...
The away team always has blank unis. I think this is because the team numbers are screwed up. In franchise, the team renumbering/trimming stuff seems to take care of this.

In franchise...
Minicamp crashes (maybe roster related?)
Probowl crashes (no clue)
Salary cap issues! To get around these, you will need to start a franchise in 07 with the cap off. Save the franchise and use madden editor 1.3 to raise the cap to the current year's and turn it back on.

Other tips:
It may help to:
Auto reoder each team's depth chart before you use a converted roster in 07.

Help?
If you can expand on this and/or help me resolve the issues above please let me know :).

Interestingly enough, I'm playing 08 at the moment just because I don't have as much time as I used to for massaging the beloved 07 to play just right :).

Mods just work in 08.. If they just worked in 07 i'd strongly prefer that version due to the gameplay.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Using unis, etc from 08 ff 13 mods in 07

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:30 am

I do not have madden 07 at this time but......I am thinking you should copy the db template from your c:/madden 07 and paste it in your madden 07 folder.......then import the 6,12, and unif files to it and that might work.......

h4wduk3n
All-Pro

Postby h4wduk3n » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I do not have madden 07 at this time but......I am thinking you should copy the db template from your c:/madden 07 and paste it in your madden 07 folder.......then import the 6,12, and unif files to it and that might work.......

In the instructions, I do copy the madden07 dbtemplates file into my documents\madden 07 right *after* extracting the tables from the 08 dbtemplates file but *before* injecting them back into the 07 file.
Or did I misunderstand what you're saying? :)

hylander730
Rookie

Postby hylander730 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:59 pm

All the mods from this site designed for M08 work on my M07 game. The only trouble I have had has been with player portraits and logos, but I've fixed them. If you want some tips or links, I'd be glad to help.
GOOD FOR ANOTHER PATRIOTS FIRST DOWN!

h4wduk3n
All-Pro

Postby h4wduk3n » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:40 am

hylander730 wrote:All the mods from this site designed for M08 work on my M07 game. The only trouble I have had has been with player portraits and logos, but I've fixed them. If you want some tips or links, I'd be glad to help.

Have you been able to use the FFXIV mod? I'm trying to figure out how to keep it from crashing right before launch.

Return to “Madden 07 PC”