Madden 2005 is the best Madden ever made

Harry97
All-Pro

Re: Madden 2005 is the best Madden ever made

Postby Harry97 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:06 am

Sidelion wrote:I will say that NCAA '04 was awesome with the College Classics and the fact that it had ETSU in it.

You know I found my copy of NCAA '04 and sure enough you're right ETSU is in there. One thing I forgot about though was how NCAA 2005 was the first version where you could actually name and edit 1-AA and Historic Rosters. So in NCAA '04, you couldn't actually name or edit any of the 1-AA teams. so is there any way to actually create a named ETSU roster?

it is very interesting going back and comparing 2004 and 2005. it's fascinating to see the differences. 2004 has a very different control scheme. for example, on the gamecube version of NCAA '04, the alternate control scheme allows you to do jukes with the right analog C-stick!! That is friggin awesome and it seems that the juking animations are different on the C-stick. it was a huge surprise to me because in 2005 the alternate control scheme is different and doesn't put juking on the C-stick. So in '04 you can have R-stick juking, but you cannot in 2005! that to me is funny and worth playing '04 for! However, besides the lack of C-stick juking, 2005 has more intuitive controls, including the big hit feature which is not in '04 on the C-stick.

Also, i tried using the same sliders i was using in NCAA 2005 in NCAA '04, and wow the gameplay is completely different! the whole scope of sliders is completely different in '04 then it is in 2005. Another thing i noticed is that in NCAA '04, you can make diving tackles more frequently. you can tackle guys by diving and colliding with them in mid-air. (it's kinda unrealistic though) And another thing I realized is that in 2005 has 2 more defensive formations : 3-3-5, and 4-2-5.

Also there is no Auto Strafe option in Controller settings in '04. Man i forgot about all these things since it's been so long since i played '04. however one cool thing i noticed about NCAA '04 is the sound of the crowd. Dude in '04, at least on gamecube, the crowd goes wild during runs. Like if you juke a guy out, the crowd goes nuts during the play. (like ohh when you break a guy's ankles). that is so cool and it makes plays so exciting. i really love NCAA 2005 for all the added features, but '04 is fantastic in it's own right. i have a good set of sliders for 2005, but i really need to find the right sliders for '04. from what i'm reading, in '04 returning punts is nearly impossible on heisman, but much more doable on all-american.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JakeDantzler29
Rookie

Postby JakeDantzler29 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 pm

I've changed my mind... Madden 2004 is the best Madden ever made.

RedPhazon8
Pro Bowl

Postby RedPhazon8 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 pm

JakeDantzler29 wrote:I've changed my mind... Madden 2004 is the best Madden ever made.

You got the right idea there. :roll:

JakeDantzler29
Rookie

Postby JakeDantzler29 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 am

RedPhazon8 wrote:
JakeDantzler29 wrote:I've changed my mind... Madden 2004 is the best Madden ever made.

You got the right idea there. :roll:

Lol

Pregadordouard
Pro Bowl

Postby Pregadordouard » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:56 pm

One thing I've noticed in madden 07/08, is that defenders have some "boost" script, so it's almost impossible to return kicks, and even in runs, defenders come right up to you and don't hesitate like in madden 04 that they wait a while before deciding on the tackle. If you could take that scrip off, the gamplay would be pretty much the same.

without that "boost" scrip, just like in the real game when a WR gets the ball he can easily spin the DB and after packing the run, can hardly catch him. That's why in 04 it is possible to even return INT, since that OL and QB are very slow to reach a DB, except if it is a QB scambler and a fast running back

Return to “Madden 2005 PC”