Madden 05 sliders

thegipper
Rookie

Madden 05 sliders

Postby thegipper » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Hey guys. We finally have decided to go back to Madden 05, trying to get a more realistic football experience. Does anybody have some realistic sliders? I can't find anything on the Internet.

Thanks in advance.

Madden 05 sliders

Sponsor

Sponsor

truetothegame13
MVP

Re: Madden 05 sliders

Postby truetothegame13 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 pm

if it has the same exact categories as madden 08, id use mine (along with it being on all-madden, and the rest of the settings), which is located thru my sig.

if it doesnt, list them here and let me see what i can do with them.

i put in countless hours doing sliders for my console versions of madden, and also madden 08. this last time, for madden 08, i just wrote down all of the numbers on my notepad, 1 time, of what i thought they should be according to the NFL, and its the best madden slider ive ever played with. i havent had to adjust them once, except for special teams, probably because they are set up entirely different.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

thegipper
Rookie

Postby thegipper » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 am

Oh man, thanks for your quick response. I don't know if I quite understood what you're saying. Are you suggenting I should use your 08 sliders with the 05 version?

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 am

thegipper wrote:Hey guys. We finally have decided to go back to Madden 05, trying to get a more realistic football experience.

Are you sure about that?
I've read that in '05 the defense is over-emphasized.

Then there's this: http://maddenglitches.blogspot.com/ and I don't see similar for '08 (or for '04).
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

thegipper
Rookie

Postby thegipper » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Gridiron. That's a downer. My friends and I are trying to make up our minds on what version we should go back to. I've read on this site that both, 04 and 05 produce the most realistic sim stats. Madden 08 was a lot of fun just because of the external playbook editor and the Texmod utility, but once on the field the game is so frustrating. Scripted games, long bombs, your DB's, stepping forward and leaving the CPU WR wide open, the CPU QB getting getting rid of the ball miraculously when trying to comeback late in the game. Madden 08 is just not fun anymore. I wonder if Madden 04 is the answer?

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:16 pm

thegipper wrote:Oh man, thanks for your quick response. I don't know if I quite understood what you're saying. Are you suggenting I should use your 08 sliders with the 05 version?

np.. ya i was suggesting you to use my 08 sliders for madden 05. but if u didnt have 08 installed then i would need to copy them down and post them for you.

whatever version of madden you're going to use, if you want realistic sliders for them, list the slider categories here & let me see if i can work my magic with them.

you probably wont believe me, but my madden 08 sliders really made madden 08 enjoyable. id suggest you try madden 08 1 more time with those before giving up.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

thegipper
Rookie

Postby thegipper » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks again. Yes, I still have it installed. I wouldn't mind giving your sliders a try, the problem is I don't see how any sliders can solve those scripted games, which is what ruins the game for me.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Slider adjustments help, but the bottom line is, its a game, and its not going to be perfect.

I enjoyed '08, despite some weak DB play, and the comeback code.. but in the end, I'll be going back to 2004 beacuse the sim engine isn't broken. I'd be content to stick with 2008 if not for that.

'05 was fine for me as well, after years of being able to do whatever I wanted offensively due to too many $$ plays.. but I could never go back to 2005 with all the whacky abilites defenders had. Marginal LB's played like HOF'rs, and the DB's recover speed/ability was just absurd. Sliders can't resolve that (IMO)

thegipper
Rookie

Postby thegipper » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:38 pm

I appreciate it Aarons. It's been a while since Madden 05 but you are right, I think I remember those super cb's and linebackers. I'm afraid the choice gotta be Madden 04: good sim stats, punt returns and all around more realistic game. Once again, I just wish the texmod utility and Packfans' plabook editor worked with this version.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm

thegipper wrote:Thanks Gridiron. That's a downer. My friends and I are trying to make up our minds on what version we should go back to. I've read on this site that both, 04 and 05 produce the most realistic sim stats. Madden 08 was a lot of fun just because of the external playbook editor and the Texmod utility, but once on the field the game is so frustrating. Scripted games, long bombs, your DB's, stepping forward and leaving the CPU WR wide open, the CPU QB getting getting rid of the ball miraculously when trying to comeback late in the game. Madden 08 is just not fun anymore. I wonder if Madden 04 is the answer?

I have '04, '06, & now '08.
My buddy has '05.
They are very similar, but at this time I like the LOOK and game play feel of '08 slightly more than that of '04, and I like the game play of '04 over the rest.

Try truetothegame13's sliders and see if that helps because you lose too many great controls over the game play if you revert to 2004.

Compare the 'at the line' play modification options in '08 to that of 2004 and it is no contest.
Because of all of the offensive and defensive line shifts, hot routes, etc, in '08, one really doesn't need a custom playbook (nearly as as much).
And you won't have a Hit Stick in 2004.
Now some don't like to have such an abundance of options,
and may not want to use them, but I think it makes the simulation much better.

No, Madden 08 is not perfect, but like AaronS indicated, it's just a game simulation, and a fine one at that.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Return to “Madden 2005 PC”