Anybody like madden nfl 2005?

PatrioticParty
Veteran

Postby PatrioticParty » Wed May 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Got this at goodwill a while back. Just the CDs(dvds?!). Anybody have any controller refs? Trying to make it work with 360 controller. I personaly think that the graphics(and animations) are better than madden 08 in this game. What do you think of the game?

By the way I know I might have posted this in the wrong place but the right place is a ghost town...
John 3:16

Sadly,I'm not allowed to have this anymore. Why am I leaving it there? I don't know,I'm not sure. Any how, Read this instead:

MADE IN AMERICA,PROUD IN AMERICA,LIVE IN AMERICA!!!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Anybody like madden nfl 2005?

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 24, 2017 3:53 pm

PatrioticParty wrote:Got this at goodwill a while back. Just the CDs(dvds?!). Anybody have any controller refs? Trying to make it work with 360 controller. I personaly think that the graphics(and animations) are better than madden 08 in this game. What do you think of the game?

By the way I know I might have posted this in the wrong place but the right place is a ghost town...

I moved it to the correct location.

Madden 2005 was my first Madden game. I used to like it, but it has horrible, game breaking bugs in franchise mode. The game is a bug riddled mess.

And honestly, 08 looks way better. Even the default, non-modded 08 looks a bit better at least. A couple years ago, I installed 2005 again just for nostalgia. It was way worse than I remembered.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed May 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Last of Madden at its best. After this, EA jumped the shark.

(Don't get me wrong, 2008 is great, but I credit the titans in this community for that, not EA!)

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed May 24, 2017 6:49 pm

RevanFan wrote:Madden 2005 was my first Madden game. I used to like it, but it has horrible, game breaking bugs in franchise mode. The game is a bug riddled mess.

Was 2005 the 'Manifesto' version?

.. I think it has some clear advantages, sim stats being at the top of the list, working RB1/RB2 slider.

The game is skewed toward defense, but I consider that a welcome challenge. I can pitch WAY too many perfect games on 2008.

2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008 are all even in my book. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. 2008 wins out almost solely for the mods and customizations (for me)

PatrioticParty
Veteran

Postby PatrioticParty » Thu May 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Also by the way guys,I'm not good at football stratgey. Have any tips or any websites I can learn from?

on a scale of 1 to 10 when it comes to strategy, I am 1
John 3:16

Sadly,I'm not allowed to have this anymore. Why am I leaving it there? I don't know,I'm not sure. Any how, Read this instead:

MADE IN AMERICA,PROUD IN AMERICA,LIVE IN AMERICA!!!!!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu May 25, 2017 9:30 pm

PatrioticParty wrote:Also by the way guys,I'm not good at football stratgey. Have any tips or any websites I can learn from?

on a scale of 1 to 10 when it comes to strategy, I am 1

Well, Wikipedia is always a good place to go for information on general strategy, specific formations and defensive alignments, and other things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... l_strategy

If you're near a library, there's probably books you could check out on football strategy. Also, a quick Google search for "American football strategy" provided several links.

Also, if you ask specific questions, I'm sure people on the forum could try their hand at answering them.
My Cowboys Journal

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun May 28, 2017 12:07 pm

I really enjoyed Madden '05. However I've only played it on console, so I never had to deal with the buggy issues.
To me, '05 and '06 were the best Madden games - much more interactive franchise modes.
This was a period of time that EA was in direct competition with ESPN NFL 2k5.....which is also a game I am rather fond of.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:29 am

The most competitive madden I've ever played was Madden 2004.....imo it was the most balanced with equal opportunities for offense and defense.....everything after 06 was too offense friendly so you could rack up unreal passing/rushing yrds and points....but as far as challenge to complete passes with no vision cones and stuff 04 was awesome.....03 was not bad but it had a few glitches as well but 04 was perfect balance of off and def play.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:31 am

1312qohelet wrote:I really enjoyed Madden '05. However I've only played it on console, so I never had to deal with the buggy issues.
To me, '05 and '06 were the best Madden games - much more interactive franchise modes.
This was a period of time that EA was in direct competition with ESPN NFL 2k5.....which is also a game I am rather fond of.

EA is lazy as crap.....they are slow in incorporating new gaming modes and their graphics for games is very low quality....2k makes such great games and is more frequent to fix flaws with patches....the graphics are crisp and realistic and their tech support is also way better. other than the need for speed series and M08 I have ditched EA games in favor of 2k's nba2k franchise and other 2k games.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 31, 2017 4:34 am

ultimatum77 wrote:other than the need for speed series and M08 I have ditched EA games in favor of 2k's nba2k franchise and other 2k games.

Even non-EA Sports games? Mass Effect and Dragon Age are great series. All of their games, overall, are good to great.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Madden 2005 PC”