Can I modify how a player looks ?

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Derrick498
Rookie

Postby Derrick498 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:19 am

I have been trying to play mostly head to head games, online ip addressable games. I used a franchise file utility to create my team rooster but I want to change how the players look by change the player's appearance/ skin tones. Is there a way to do that so that the game does not crash ? Both teams have identical files but when i change the skin tones the game/computer freezes. What utility should I be using to make the change or is it more to this than what meets the eye? I can substitute names without a problem but I can not seem to figure out how to change the appearance. Help Please

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Can I modify how a player looks ?

Postby RevanFan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:07 am

Derrick498 wrote:I have been trying to play mostly head to head games, online ip addressable games. I used a franchise file utility to create my team rooster but I want to change how the players look by change the player's appearance/ skin tones. Is there a way to do that so that the game does not crash ? Both teams have identical files but when i change the skin tones the game/computer freezes. What utility should I be using to make the change or is it more to this than what meets the eye? I can substitute names without a problem but I can not seem to figure out how to change the appearance. Help Please

To change a player's face, you have to change his face ID, not his skin tone, in an editor.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Derrick498
Rookie

Postby Derrick498 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I used Maddeneditor V1.3 and MaddenAmp. and when i tried using the new face id, my game froze again. Either one of those editors should have worked right ?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Derrick498 wrote:I used Maddeneditor V1.3 and MaddenAmp. and when i tried using the new face id, my game froze again. Either one of those editors should have worked right ?

It works for me on the NZA editor. I don't know of any way to change the skin tones, but if anyone knew i'd love to know.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:51 pm

I use NZA's Madden Editor 1.3 and the face id's that I'm posting here. It automatically changes the players skin tone based on the face you pick. I have never had any issues when doing this. Hope this helps.
Attachments
Madden 08 Face ID Numbers.zip
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 469 times

Derrick498
Rookie

Postby Derrick498 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks so much for the helping me with this but get this..... I used the Editor to change the face ID and save the changer. When I closed the editor program out and open the editor and load the file the old ID appeared as if the change did not take for some reason. I know i saved the change. Do I need to adjust several fields before it works properly ? I am just talking about a rooster file now? I am waiting your response.

dawg317
MVP

Postby dawg317 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:00 am

Derrick498 wrote:Thanks so much for the helping me with this but get this..... I used the Editor to change the face ID and save the changer. When I closed the editor program out and open the editor and load the file the old ID appeared as if the change did not take for some reason. I know i saved the change. Do I need to adjust several fields before it works properly ? I am just talking about a rooster file now? I am waiting your response.

Make sure you press save after every change in NZA's editors. I recommend using v1.3. I've never run across the problem of the change sticking after saving with each change. This type of change should not cause the roster to crash either, unless you choose a face ID that doesn't exist. Make sure you are changing the Face ID and not the portrait ID.
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

el1j4h
Rookie

Postby el1j4h » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:51 pm

mike9472 wrote:I use NZA's Madden Editor 1.3 and the face id's that I'm posting here. It automatically changes the players skin tone based on the face you pick. I have never had any issues when doing this. Hope this helps.

re upload pls

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:05 am

el1j4h wrote:
mike9472 wrote:I use NZA's Madden Editor 1.3 and the face id's that I'm posting here. It automatically changes the players skin tone based on the face you pick. I have never had any issues when doing this. Hope this helps.

re upload pls

Its on the wiki.

el1j4h
Rookie

Postby el1j4h » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:56 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
el1j4h wrote:

re upload pls

Its on the wiki.

Thanks

Return to “Troubleshooting”