Franchise crashing

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Franchise crashing

Postby Danchat » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:10 am

dawbnd wrote:
Danchat wrote:
dawbnd wrote:
what program are you using to open the file?

I usually use MaddenAMP or NZA editor, but these aren't Madden 08 PC files. I've played with .sav files for Nintendo DS games before, but not GameCube. I don't think I can help here, sorry.

its alright i appreciate you trying tho, i still feel like it might be a free agency issue as theres a somewhat low amount there. Do you know specifically how many players are supposed to be available for each position?

As far as I know, there isn't a minimum, but the game will crash if you have more than 430 free agents (at the point of entering the offseason). Madden will try to account for this by deleting a bunch of players after the offseason is ended, and sometimes that deletion period leaves entire positions blank, which is how I know there is no enforced minimums. I've had franchises that had zero free agent kickers or punters, but it didn't cause any crashes - I just went back to an earlier save and made sure they didn't get deleted.

Crashing upon the file getting loaded implies to me that the issue isn't one of the typical things like bugs with free agents, but it being a Gamecube game I really don't know. But if you do get it figured out I would love to hear how.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Re: Franchise crashing

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Troubleshooting”