Draft Classes Not Generating

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Joe Smith
Rookie

Postby Joe Smith » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:42 pm

So I have a franchise file where the Madden 08 draft classes wont generate. Anybody know of a fix?
Has anyone run into this issue before?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Draft Classes Not Generating

Postby Danchat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:50 pm

Joe Smith wrote:So I have a franchise file where the Madden 08 draft classes wont generate. Anybody know of a fix?
Has anyone run into this issue before?

I have not, could you describe what exactly happens? For example, do you hit Enter Draft and then the list of players is empty? Have you tried using an editor to view the draft class to see if it actually exists?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Joe Smith
Rookie

Postby Joe Smith » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:59 pm

I built up a team in Madden 08 and after the 14th season, no new draft players showed up in the off season.
I did not save prior because I didn't foresee this problem. Everything worked fine until then.

Also side note: I have already converted the file to a roster and picking up where I left off. So its not dire that it gets figured out, I was curious is all.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:41 pm

Joe Smith wrote:I built up a team in Madden 08 and after the 14th season, no new draft players showed up in the off season.
I did not save prior because I didn't foresee this problem. Everything worked fine until then.
Also side note: I have already converted the file to a roster and picking up where I left off. So its not dire that it gets figured out, I was curious is all.

I would test on a backup of your franchise by opening the PLAY table and pasting in 257 rookies as part of team ID 1015 using a DB editor, then see if the draft works. If that sounds too complicated you could upload the file and I could run some tests on it.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Joe Smith
Rookie

Postby Joe Smith » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:52 am

Danchat wrote:
Joe Smith wrote:I built up a team in Madden 08 and after the 14th season, no new draft players showed up in the off season.

I would test on a backup of your franchise by opening the PLAY table and pasting in 257 rookies as part of team ID 1015 using a DB editor, then see if the draft works. If that sounds too complicated you could upload the file and I could run some tests on it.

I appreciate the idea. I will keep that in mind. However, I found a work around by transferring all my csv files into a new franchise file. Sorry for the late get back.

Return to “Troubleshooting”