PS4 Controller doesn't work on Madden 08 using DS4Windows

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Tyco94
Rookie

Postby Tyco94 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 am

As the title says, I'm trying to get my PS4 controller to work on Madden 08 by using DS4Windows. The game is detecting my inputs, but for example to click on something I have to use the right Trigger instead of the X/A button. This problem persists even in game. Also, my mouse arrow stays on the screen and I have to navigate through the game menus using my Right analog stick to mvoe the mouse and R2/Right Trigger to click on things.

I see what part of the issue is, because my controller works to navigate normal webpages outside of the game using DS4 and the same thing is happening. To click on something on a webpage I have to use R2 to click on it. However inside Madden 08 I went to Profile - Controller Config - Controller - Xbox Controller and still nothing. I tried making a new profile and nope same issue.

So I figured the issue must be happening outside of Madden and is coming from the DS4 Application since the inputs being rendered inside and outside of the game are the same, I have to click on things with R2. So I checked the DS4 App and made sure my controller configuration was set to Xbox layout and yep that's what it's supposed to be. My Ps4 controller is supposed to be mirroring the inputs from an Xbox controller but instead the controller seems to be mirroring inputs from a virtual keyboard instead. But as I said, on the DS4 App it's set to Xbox controller so I'm really at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong here. I tried going to Profiles - Other and checking 'Disable Virtual Controller' on the DS4 App but then when I go in to Madden 08 it doesn't even detect the controller at all.

TL;DR It feels like my DS4Windows PS4 controller is functioning more like a virtual keyboard than an Xbox game controller.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Tyco94
Rookie

Re: PS4 Controller doesn't work on Madden 08 using DS4Windows

Postby Tyco94 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:43 am

Omg. I'm honestly ashamed of how long it took me to figure this out. Nothing was working no matter how much I messed with the Madden profile controller config settings, nor anything in the DS4 App. Why might you ask? Because the problem was entirely separate from them.

Things like clicking the right thumb stick would bring up a virtual keyboard. Pressing R2 was acting like a mouse. The culprit? Steam Settings - Controller - Desktop Layout. Had to remap everything on Steam, even tho Madden 08 isn't even hooked up to Steam in any way, shape or form. Ugh. This took me hours to figure out.

For anyone having issues with your DS4 controller doing things it shouldn't just try this, see if this is the problem before you spend hours trying to get your PS3/4/5 controller to work on Madden.

Mods feel free to delete this thread or leave it up for other who might run into this irritating issue.

Return to “Troubleshooting”