Crashing/freezing at coach signing in franchise

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
aefax
Rookie

Postby aefax » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:13 am

Hi - my franchise save is completely stuck. Whenever I attempt to advance to the offseason in my 3rd season, I'm prompted to sign coaches as the only coach whose contract isn't up is my ST; when I do this, either I crash when pressing "yes" to the prompt asking if I want to cpu sign, or it crashes when I make an offer to a coach, or it crashes when I say "yes" to the prompt asking if I want to advance to the offseason after successfully cpu-signing.

I've tried using NZA 1.3 and 2.0 to edit the coach contracts on my team so I don't have to sign coaches in-game at all, but it seems that whenever I save the changes ("Years left" in the NZA editors) they don't actually get saved (I've saved changes and then immediately reloaded the file in NZA, just to see that my changes never actually took effect, even in the editor itself). I'm using Rogerjinx's 2022 rosters and Calhoupe's, if that makes any difference, and I've looked at everything else on the troubleshooting checklist (signing coaches is actually on the checklist, and editing coaches in NZA is mentioned, but I'm at an impasse resolving that part of the checklist, obviously)

I was really having fun developing my players and I would hate to restart my franchise. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Crashing/freezing at coach signing in franchise

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:09 pm

You have to save changes after each coach/player is edited.... in the editor

aefax
Rookie

Postby aefax » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:42 pm

I've pressed "save changes" each time and it still doesn't actually save the change in the franchise file. It's like it's uneditable at the stage my franchise is at.

aefax
Rookie

Postby aefax » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:08 pm

For instance, I go in to make Nick Sirianni the Eagles head coach again so I don't have to re-sign a head coach, I open up the NZA editor 1.3, open up the .fra file, hit edit, then coaches, I find Nick Sirianni in free agents, and I change his team to Eagles, and his "years left" to 3. After this, I hit save, close the editor, and then if I open everything up again in the editor, Nick Sirianni is still a free agent and the Eagles don't have a head coach.

I'm guessing this means I just have to scrap this franchise?

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:10 pm

aefax wrote:For instance, I go in to make Nick Sirianni the Eagles head coach again so I don't have to re-sign a head coach, I open up the NZA editor 1.3, open up the .fra file, hit edit, then coaches, I find Nick Sirianni in free agents, and I change his team to Eagles, and his "years left" to 3. After this, I hit save, close the editor, and then if I open everything up again in the editor, Nick Sirianni is still a free agent and the Eagles don't have a head coach.

I'm guessing this means I just have to scrap this franchise?

Can you send your franchise file?

Return to “Troubleshooting”