Game not booting after Windows update

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
TheNamesRyder
Rookie

Postby TheNamesRyder » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:13 am

After the most recent Windows update, my game does not boot after I launch the game from Calhoupe's scripts, screen goes black and there is a border of where the bootup picture would be, but it just stays there and i have to sign out in order to get it to go away. I'm sure that it's something to do with my antivirus but I have tried to make it an exception and it does not seem to be working. I run as an administrator, still doesn't work. I have deleted Calhoupe's scripts and redownloaded them, and also replaced the mainapp.exe file again, has not worked yet. I am a novice when it comes to this stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Game not booting after Windows update

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:17 am

TheNamesRyder wrote:After the most recent Windows update, my game does not boot after I launch the game from Calhoupe's scripts, screen goes black and there is a border of where the bootup picture would be, but it just stays there and i have to sign out in order to get it to go away. I'm sure that it's something to do with my antivirus but I have tried to make it an exception and it does not seem to be working. I run as an administrator, still doesn't work. I have deleted Calhoupe's scripts and redownloaded them, and also replaced the mainapp.exe file again, has not worked yet. I am a novice when it comes to this stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any chance you could capture a video of what is occurring so we can see it for ourselves? Also, what AV solution are you using?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

TheNamesRyder
Rookie

Postby TheNamesRyder » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:28 pm

RevanFan wrote:
TheNamesRyder wrote:After the most recent Windows update, my game does not boot after I launch the game from Calhoupe's scripts, screen goes black and there is a border of where the bootup picture would be, but it just stays there and i have to sign out in order to get it to go away. I'm sure that it's something to do with my antivirus but I have tried to make it an exception and it does not seem to be working. I run as an administrator, still doesn't work. I have deleted Calhoupe's scripts and redownloaded them, and also replaced the mainapp.exe file again, has not worked yet. I am a novice when it comes to this stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any chance you could capture a video of what is occurring so we can see it for ourselves? Also, what AV solution are you using?

Thank you for the advice. So I've been trying to capture video, I don't have any program besides the one that comes with windows that only records gameplay. Then I tried just recording it on my phone but cannot seem to figure how to attach the video to this post. I am just using the setup given in your starting guide. Again apologies for my laxk of knowledge in this area, I really do appreciate the help.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:02 pm

TheNamesRyder wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Thank you for the advice. So I've been trying to capture video, I don't have any program besides the one that comes with windows that only records gameplay. Then I tried just recording it on my phone but cannot seem to figure how to attach the video to this post. I am just using the setup given in your starting guide. Again apologies for my laxk of knowledge in this area, I really do appreciate the help.

Use OBS to record your screen, and you can uploading it privately to Google Drive or Mega, or to a video hosting place like YouTube. I would suggest Google Drive.

You could likely do the same for the cell phone video. Just upload it to someplace like Google Drive.
My Cowboys Journal

TheNamesRyder
Rookie

Postby TheNamesRyder » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:05 am

RevanFan wrote:
TheNamesRyder wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Is there any chance you could capture a video of what is occurring so we can see it for ourselves? Also, what AV solution are you using?

Use OBS to record your screen, and you can uploading it privately to Google Drive or Mega, or to a video hosting place like YouTube. I would suggest Google Drive.

You could likely do the same for the cell phone video. Just upload it to someplace like Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18UMH6M ... p=drivesdk

Very cool, threw up the video I took with my phone.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:04 am

TheNamesRyder wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
TheNamesRyder wrote:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18UMH6M ... p=drivesdk

Very cool, threw up the video I took with my phone.

The video still hasn't processed yet. I'll have to download it and look at it.

EDIT: That's very odd. Are you sure you have calhoupe's scripts set to run the game at the correct resolution? Also, I presume you've followed the Starting Guide for New Players before, to the point that you have the proper no-CD .exe recommended to go along with the scripts? Since you say it was working prior to a Windows update, I presume you did everything correctly before.

Have you noticed anything else off about your system since the update, or just Madden? And what exactly was the update for? I don't know if that information will help but it won't hurt.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Troubleshooting”