Black Field / Crash (Bills, Raiders)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
snidgetwings
Rookie

Postby snidgetwings » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here, so I apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong place or if the question has already been answered.

I'm trying to play with the new FF mod, but when I play (exhibition or franchise) with the Bills at home, I get a black field and it usually crashes early on in the game. I also get a black field when I play the Raiders at home, but this doesn't cause a crash. After doing a search on the topic page, I've noticed that others have had this same issue and managed to fix it, but I'm not quite sure what the exact process is for the fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I'm not using any other mods or the Calhoupe scripts yet, only what was included in the FF mod package.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Black Field / Crash (Bills, Raiders)

Postby RevanFan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:19 pm

snidgetwings wrote:Hi all,

I'm new here, so I apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong place or if the question has already been answered.

I'm trying to play with the new FF mod, but when I play (exhibition or franchise) with the Bills at home, I get a black field and it usually crashes early on in the game. I also get a black field when I play the Raiders at home, but this doesn't cause a crash. After doing a search on the topic page, I've noticed that others have had this same issue and managed to fix it, but I'm not quite sure what the exact process is for the fix.

P.S. I'm not using any other mods or the Calhoupe scripts yet, only what was included in the FF mod package.

Are you sure you have the latest files? Most of the black fields should be fixed in the latest version, but I appear to be one of the few people not having many issues.

Until we figure out a real fix, a temporary one is to open the roster you're using in the DB Editor, go to the STAD table, find the offending stadium, and change the ST35 value to 0.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

snidgetwings
Rookie

Postby snidgetwings » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:54 pm

RevanFan wrote:

Are you sure you have the latest files? Most of the black fields should be fixed in the latest version, but I appear to be one of the few people not having many issues.

Until we figure out a real fix, a temporary one is to open the roster you're using in the DB Editor, go to the STAD table, find the offending stadium, and change the ST35 value to 0.

I downloaded the files from the 10/27/18 Large Update post, are those the latest ones? In the meantime I'll try the ST35 fix. What exactly does changing the value to 0 do?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:09 pm

snidgetwings wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

I downloaded the files from the 10/27/18 Large Update post, are those the latest ones? In the meantime I'll try the ST35 fix. What exactly does changing the value to 0 do?

The ST35 value determines whether or not custom/full field graphics are used. If it's 0, it'll just use the default field art for the home team.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:27 pm

You can find the Bills fix in my field art thread, but I’m still doing a fix for the Raiders.

joshdobbs
Rookie

Postby joshdobbs » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:25 am

I am having the black field issue with the Raiders (No issue with the Bills). The field is black, with the exception of Raiders graphics in the endzone and at midfield, as well as the white 5 yard lines. I'm using v4.0 of rogerjinx's 2019 rosters and I set the ST35 value to 0 for the Raiders. I also have the latest 2019 FF/FI mod installed. If anyone knows how to resolve this, please let me know.

Return to “Troubleshooting”