Madden 08 crashes right after breaking huddle

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
aikale
Veteran

Re: Madden 08 crashes right after breaking huddle

Postby aikale » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 pm

aikale wrote:So I turned off auto-subs and a game that was constantly crashing actually finished this time.
This is with the latest mod...im playing 15 minute quarters cpu vs cpu...maybe something with the substitutions?

Nevermind that was premature. There was 1:32 remaining in the 4th and then it crashed to the desktop on XP.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Sounds like something is corrupted..game,roster, Mod files....etc.
The only thing I would do is total wipe out everything dealing with madden, run a registry cleaner make sure all files are gone. Reboot your computer, reload Madden08, then the No-CD Mainapp and make a porofile. Make sure all that works..then load FF/FI Mod, put everything in the right places. Check to see if everything is ok... Then load a new Calhoupe scripts..see what happens then.. it should be fine..
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 pm

BUS36 wrote:Sounds like something is corrupted..game,roster, Mod files....etc.
The only thing I would do is total wipe out everything dealing with madden, run a registry cleaner make sure all files are gone. Reboot your computer, reload Madden08, then the No-CD Mainapp and make a porofile. Make sure all that works..then load FF/FI Mod, put everything in the right places. Check to see if everything is ok... Then load a new Calhoupe scripts..see what happens then.. it should be fine..

But if it's not working on XP, 7, or 10... leads me to believe there's some file corruption on the disc, or maybe a failing storage drive.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:48 pm

by RevanFan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 pm

BUS36 wrote:
Sounds like something is corrupted..game,roster, Mod files....etc.

But if it's not working on XP, 7, or 10... leads me to believe there's some file corruption on the disc, or maybe a failing storage drive

well I guess it would not hurt to start from the beginning. Starting with Madden08..
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

aikale
Veteran

Postby aikale » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:17 pm

So I installed ubuntu and used wine to install madden 08...crash after huddle
formatted 2 computers and reinstalled Windows XP, 7, 10....crash after huddle
I even re-downloaded madden 08 from Amazon....crash after huddle

That's just crazy how this can only be happening to me.

Different laptops and desktops,

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:40 pm

Do you have all the Microsoft Net Frameworks? 2 ?, 3 ?, 4.5?

Could having the 3 OS on one computer causing conflicts with the game?
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

aikale
Veteran

Postby aikale » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:42 am

Yep, all .net frameworks installed.
I tried on 2 laptops and I desktop.
Formatted each so not running more than one OS either time.

mpantani
Rookie

Postby mpantani » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:23 am

It seems like a processor problem, i finally managed to play a couple of games without a single crash. Here what i did:

1- Launch Madden 08
2- Alt+Tab
3- Open task manager
4- In processes right click on mainapp.exe
5- Set affinity
6- Uncheck everything except UC 0
7- Return to the game

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:11 am

mpantani wrote:It seems like a processor problem, i finally managed to play a couple of games without a single crash. Here what i did:

1- Launch Madden 08
2- Alt+Tab
3- Open task manager
5- Set affinity
7- Return to the game

If you are tech savvy you might also want to clean out the fan/ventilation ports on your laptop/desktops. Sometimes dust can clog the fans and overheat the CPU causing madden to crash. I had this problem with a 10 year old laptop back several years ago and once I cleaned it and put some new cooling compound on the processor/gpu. Madden ran fast and never crashed again. Just something else to consider.. :)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:21 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
mpantani wrote:It seems like a processor problem, i finally managed to play a couple of games without a single crash. Here what i did:

1- Launch Madden 08
2- Alt+Tab
3- Open task manager
5- Set affinity
7- Return to the game

If you are tech savvy you might also want to clean out the fan/ventilation ports on your laptop/desktops. Sometimes dust can clog the fans and overheat the CPU causing madden to crash. I had this problem with a 10 year old laptop back several years ago and once I cleaned it and put some new cooling compound on the processor/gpu. Madden ran fast and never crashed again. Just something else to consider.. :)

You re-pasted your GPU? Doing it to the CPU is easy, but I've never even thought about doing it to the GPU. Don't want to mess with a part that is so expensive.

But yeah, cleaning out dust and applying some fresh compound can be a good fix to issues that may be caused by overheating. Especially if the compound is a few years old. But if you want to be sure it's a heat issue before you unscrew your CPU cooler, you could always run a program that monitors CPU heat while you're playing Madden, and see if it heats up a lot at any point. Generally, with any modern Intel CPU, you're fine as long as you're under 95 C, but 80 C and lower is the safest zone to be in. For AMD, I'm not certain what their max temp is before throttling sets in, but a quick search should give the answer.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Troubleshooting”