Madden 08 PC Will Not Start!

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
manooly
Rookie

Postby manooly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:34 am

Hello! I'm looking to fire up Madden 08 for the PC again. I'd like to install the full Football Freaks mod too. After install of just the plain game it just crashes. I don't even get to the main menu screen. NOTHING! I'm running Windows 7 - 64bit. Please let me know what other information you might need to help me troubleshoot this. I'd love to get back into creating and watching a full CPU vs CPU league for the 2018 season. I look forward to your comments/suggestions.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden 08 PC Will Not Start!

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:44 am

manooly wrote:Hello! I'm looking to fire up Madden 08 for the PC again. I'd like to install the full Football Freaks mod too. After install of just the plain game it just crashes. I don't even get to the main menu screen. NOTHING! I'm running Windows 7 - 64bit. Please let me know what other information you might need to help me troubleshoot this. I'd love to get back into creating and watching a full CPU vs CPU league for the 2018 season. I look forward to your comments/suggestions.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

Have you followed the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist? Though I doubt it'll help this situation. I've never heard of this before.

Try uninstalling the game completely, updating your graphics drivers, and reinstalling the game. After that, run the game. If it runs, update to version 4.0 and confirm it still runs. After that, you should be fine to install the mod.

What kind of crash do you get? CTD, or a black screen? And do any other programs do this?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Troubleshooting”