Free Agents not showing up in the game

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: Free Agents not showing up in the game

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:40 am

cdcool wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
cdcool wrote:
Question? what do you do if you need more players at a certain position in the Free Agent pool? besides changing similar positions. How would you go about creating more QB's if needed for example? Thanks

That's where I edit the csv to include more players. Be sure to have unique PGID if you create some.

Which CSV? there are two. Also how exactly do you create players, never done it.
Thanks

Here are the steps for you since you are not yet familiar with the fields in the csv.
1. Load your favorite roster. (Not the franchise file since you cant create players in franchise)
2. Create player/s and make sure to know which team you put them. I usually put them in PS Team.
3. Save your roster.
4. Create a new franchise using that roster with the new player/s.
5. Save the franchise.
5. Load the franchise using NZA and export the csv.
5. Open the .csv from NZA Editor and choose the rows of the created players.
6. Open your franchise (the one you are actually playing) in DB_Editor 3.0 and go to PLAY.
7. Export it and open the .csv
8. Paste the new players from NZA's csv (new franchise) to DB_Editor's .csv(your franchise) at the bottom after the last entry.
9. Make sure those new players have unique PGID and POID
10. Delete the number in the right most of row 1 or replace it with the total number of rows minus 1.
11. Save and import it back to DB_Editor.

Sponsor

Sponsor

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:33 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
cdcool wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
That's where I edit the csv to include more players. Be sure to have unique PGID if you create some.

Which CSV? there are two. Also how exactly do you create players, never done it.
Thanks

Here are the steps for you since you are not yet familiar with the fields in the csv.
1. Load your favorite roster. (Not the franchise file since you cant create players in franchise)
2. Create player/s and make sure to know which team you put them. I usually put them in PS Team.
3. Save your roster.
4. Create a new franchise using that roster with the new player/s.
5. Save the franchise.
5. Load the franchise using NZA and export the csv.
5. Open the .csv from NZA Editor and choose the rows of the created players.
6. Open your franchise (the one you are actually playing) in DB_Editor 3.0 and go to PLAY.
7. Export it and open the .csv
8. Paste the new players from NZA's csv (new franchise) to DB_Editor's .csv(your franchise) at the bottom after the last entry.
9. Make sure those new players have unique PGID and POID
10. Delete the number in the right most of row 1 or replace it with the total number of rows minus 1.
11. Save and import it back to DB_Editor.

Oaky Thanks!!

GaryGrinch
Rookie

Postby GaryGrinch » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:12 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
cdcool wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
Could you do me a favor? Could you check the number of players in your franchise using both NZA Editor and DBEditor.

So apparently if you don't delete the Practice Squad before the next season begins you are screwed.

Correct. I use the Practice Squad for players that are on IR and bring them back after the ProBowl but before the offseason.

So, since I'm having the same problem with free agents showing up in the game, I'm supposed to move all practice squad players one at a time to the free agents using NZA during the pro bowl section of the franchise before going into the off season and that will fix the problem? I'm at the point of the 2nd season in franchise mode week one. I always make backup saved files of each week in franchise mode for each season. I'll go move all practice squad players to the free agent pool and see if that fixes the missing free agents the next season and report back here.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:10 pm

GaryGrinch wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
cdcool wrote:So apparently if you don't delete the Practice Squad before the next season begins you are screwed.

Correct. I use the Practice Squad for players that are on IR and bring them back after the ProBowl but before the offseason.

So, since I'm having the same problem with free agents showing up in the game, I'm supposed to move all practice squad players one at a time to the free agents using NZA during the pro bowl section of the franchise before going into the off season and that will fix the problem? I'm at the point of the 2nd season in franchise mode week one. I always make backup saved files of each week in franchise mode for each season. I'll go move all practice squad players to the free agent pool and see if that fixes the missing free agents the next season and report back here.

Yeah, the players in the Practice Squad counts towards the FA limit of the game. It check first the Practice Squad then the FA players. Any excess in the FA will not show up in game.

GaryGrinch
Rookie

Postby GaryGrinch » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:08 pm

GaryGrinch wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
cdcool wrote:So apparently if you don't delete the Practice Squad before the next season begins you are screwed.

Ok I done all that and as I headed into the off season the game crashed. I went back and trimmed the FA pool down to 450 and crashed again. Now I'm going to make sure no FA's have any contracts but I'm sure I've already check that but I'll check again and make sure each teams rosters are full or at least not needing a player at a position before moving onto the off season, let's see how that goes.

GaryGrinch
Rookie

Postby GaryGrinch » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:28 pm

GaryGrinch wrote:
GaryGrinch wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

Ok I done all that and as I headed into the off season the game crashed. I went back and trimmed the FA pool down to 450 and crashed again. Now I'm going to make sure no FA's have any contracts but I'm sure I've already check that but I'll check again and make sure each teams rosters are full or at least not needing a player at a position before moving onto the off season, let's see how that goes.

So I corrected a couple of rosters one player missing and one player over 55. Head to off season...crash again. Great! Any suggestions? I'm going to go back to the original file before any edits were made and see how far I can sim everything with that file.

(Update)

When I go back and use the original file before making all the changes to get the free agents to show up it doesn't crash and I can sim it all the way through up until the draft. lol go figure.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:03 pm

GaryGrinch wrote:
GaryGrinch wrote:
GaryGrinch wrote:

So I corrected a couple of rosters one player missing and one player over 55. Head to off season...crash again. Great! Any suggestions? I'm going to go back to the original file before any edits were made and see how far I can sim everything with that file.

(Update)

When I go back and use the original file before making all the changes to get the free agents to show up it doesn't crash and I can sim it all the way through up until the draft. lol go figure.

Also, when you put players in FA, make sure they dont have contracts too.

GaryGrinch
Rookie

Postby GaryGrinch » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:58 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
GaryGrinch wrote:
GaryGrinch wrote:

(Update)

Also, when you put players in FA, make sure they dont have contracts too.

Yeah I've done that as well as checked for injuries. I'm going to take control of all the teams and auto reorder the depth chart for each CPU team. That's really the only thing left to do as I'm using the madden trouble shooting guide. Going back to the original subject of this thread if I take NZA editor and move a practice squad player to the FA pool and then save the file and go back into the game the player shows up. So I am going move the players in FA using NZA to the practice squad, save the file then reopen and move them from the PS back to FA, save, then go into the game and see if they show up. Saving the game from week to week when playing franchise mode using a mod sure helps a lot.

Return to “Troubleshooting”