Free Agents not showing up in the game

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
cdcool
MVP

Re: Free Agents not showing up in the game

Postby cdcool » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:10 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
cdcool wrote:I'm now seeing 809 Free Agents in the NZA Editor and not that may in the game itself and If I move a Free Agent to a Team that Free Agent is not showing up on the Team in the Game. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

You have to use the DBEditor 3.0 too. The number of players in the PLAY table are the one that shows up ingame.

Can I move Free Agents around in the DBeditor?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:23 pm

If you can see any player under free agents in the game then edit that player if there are no players at all then release a player from any team and then make an edit to that player and save changes.........

Then look at a team roster and then go back to free agents and the players should be there....... I have done this many times when I add some players to a franchise........

All of this is done in your franchise in the game itself not an editor

If you release a player you can then reassign him to the team with an editor or sign him in the game

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Rixster67r wrote:If you can see any player under free agents in the game then edit that player if there are no players at all then release a player from any team and then make an edit to that player and save changes.........

Then look at a team roster and then go back to free agents and the players should be there....... I have done this many times when I add some players to a franchise........

If you release a player you can then reassign him to the team with an editor or sign him in the game

That's a nice fix. The other way (which is more complicated and works favorable for me since I do the editing and updates in excel) are as follows:
1. Export all players to .csv from NZA Editor.
2. Open .csv and copy all players
3. Open franchise using DBEditor 3.0 and go to PLAY tab.
4. Export to .csv
5. Paste the players from NZA's csv to DBEditor's csv excluding the headers or row 1 since they are different.
6. Remove the number at the rightmost cell in row 1
7. Save
8. Import to DB Editor.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Rixster67r wrote:If you can see any player under free agents in the game then edit that player if there are no players at all then release a player from any team and then make an edit to that player and save changes.........

Been doing that also, making free Agents within the game. I'm talking about seeing a Free Agent in the Editor that is not showing up in the game.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:40 pm

That's a nice fix. The other way (which is more complicated and works favorable for me since I do the editing and updates in excel) are as follows:
4. Export to .csv
5. Paste the players from NZA's csv to DBEditor's csv excluding the headers or row 1 since they are different.
7. Save
8. Import to DB Editor.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 pm

rogerjinx wrote:

4. Export to .csv
7. Save
8. Import to DB Editor.

This method seems like it would resolve all issues, if you do it right..LOL

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:30 pm

rogerjinx wrote:

4. Export to .csv
7. Save
8. Import to DB Editor.

This worked!!!!! Thanks!

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 am

rogerjinx wrote:

4. Export to .csv
7. Save
8. Import to DB Editor.

Question? what do you do if you need more players at a certain position in the Free Agent pool? besides changing similar positions. How would you go about creating more QB's if needed for example? Thanks

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:17 am

cdcool wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

4. Export to .csv
7. Save
8. Import to DB Editor.

Question? what do you do if you need more players at a certain position in the Free Agent pool? besides changing similar positions. How would you go about creating more QB's if needed for example? Thanks

That's where I edit the csv to include more players. Be sure to have unique PGID if you create some.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:24 am

rogerjinx wrote:
cdcool wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

4. Export to .csv
7. Save
8. Import to DB Editor.

That's where I edit the csv to include more players. Be sure to have unique PGID if you create some.

Which CSV? there are two. Also how exactly do you create players, never done it.
Thanks

Return to “Troubleshooting”