Question about use after a Windows reinstall

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Thu May 31, 2018 2:48 pm

I had everything perfectly set up with the FI 2017-18 mod, Calhoupe scripts, a season in progress with TV network assigning, etc. Turns out I ended up with a bootloader problem on my Windows install and had to reinstall it. I backed up all the game's install and Documents folders including the folder I ran Calhoupe from. But, as I expected it's not loading. I imagine (I'm guessing) it wants a fresh install of the game for registry reasons.

Is there a way to 'put things back' from my previous install on a new install of the game? Or do you think I've lost everything now?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsor

Sponsor

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Re: Question about use after a Windows reinstall

Postby tinpanalley » Thu May 31, 2018 3:56 pm

UPDATE:
I tried just reinstalling from scratch since a lot of elements of the mod had been updated since I last installed it. Everything is working fine, even got my season back, but how do I get its TV network alignment back? I only get the FF logo.(I have my entire previous install backed up so if there were files created in the last install I have them if they're of any use)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu May 31, 2018 5:32 pm

I don't really know how to help with your TV Network mod issue, but I have to ask... how did you have a bootloader issue? Were you infected by a rootkit? Did something go wrong while attempting a dual boot?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Thu May 31, 2018 6:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:I don't really know how to help with your TV Network mod issue, but I have to ask... how did you have a bootloader issue? Were you infected by a rootkit? Did something go wrong while attempting a dual boot?

Sort of on the dual boot. I was using EasyBCD, and something I did with moving drives around in my desktop caused a boot error. It's sort of a long story you don't wanna be bored with. I was advised that reinstalling both Windows 7 and 10 was the only way out. So now I have them both reinstalled just using the F12 boot menu to boot into either. Sort of scared to run EasyBCD again. :D

I have the entire game running smoothly again, even recognises my season, stats, all the mods, everything is perfect. But I only get the FF logo on games. Don't know how to get the proper weekly ones to show up.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu May 31, 2018 6:21 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I don't really know how to help with your TV Network mod issue, but I have to ask... how did you have a bootloader issue? Were you infected by a rootkit? Did something go wrong while attempting a dual boot?

Sort of on the dual boot. I was using EasyBCD, and something I did with moving drives around in my desktop caused a boot error. It's sort of a long story you don't wanna be bored with. I was advised that reinstalling both Windows 7 and 10 was the only way out. So now I have them both reinstalled just using the F12 boot menu to boot into either. Sort of scared to run EasyBCD again. :D

I have the entire game running smoothly again, even recognises my season, stats, all the mods, everything is perfect. But I only get the FF logo on games. Don't know how to get the proper weekly ones to show up.

Why are you dual booting 7 and 10?

For future reference, EasyBCD isn't necessary. If you do a Windows 7 and 10 dual boot, just install 7 first, then install 10. The Windows 10 bootloader will automatically recognize 7. If you do Windows and Linux, then just let Grub figure things out.

And you can tell me the long story if you like.
My Cowboys Journal

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Thu May 31, 2018 6:53 pm

RevanFan wrote:For future reference, EasyBCD isn't necessary. If you do a Windows 7 and 10 dual boot, just install 7 first, then install 10. The Windows 10 bootloader will automatically recognize 7. And you can tell me the long story if you like.

Honestly, I've been told that reinstalling 10 is the ONLY way to do it by 50% of people and also that that's completely unnecessary and you can just use EAsyBCD by the other 50% and everybody claims the other way isn't right. So I've gone with just booting from F12 now without having to reinstall Windows 10 again which I really don't want to do again.

So, there is no way to know what to do about the network application?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu May 31, 2018 7:58 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
RevanFan wrote:For future reference, EasyBCD isn't necessary. If you do a Windows 7 and 10 dual boot, just install 7 first, then install 10. The Windows 10 bootloader will automatically recognize 7. And you can tell me the long story if you like.

Honestly, I've been told that reinstalling 10 is the ONLY way to do it by 50% of people and also that that's completely unnecessary and you can just use EAsyBCD by the other 50% and everybody claims the other way isn't right. So I've gone with just booting from F12 now without having to reinstall Windows 10 again which I really don't want to do again.

So, there is no way to know what to do about the network application?

I honestly don't know. I've never used the TV Networks. Hopefully someone comes along and can help. Sorry.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Troubleshooting”