Can't use Defensive Subs in Franchise

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed May 02, 2018 4:16 pm

I was trying to do some adjustments to the defensive formations each team has to make their subs more realistic. I went to the Subs menu in my franchise, and I was met with this:
The Steelers have the "3-4" playbook assigned, so there is no reason for a 4-3 set to appear here. This appears on every single team, no matter which playbook they have assigned. Anyone knows why this happens?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JPMoneyman
All-Pro

Re: Can't use Defensive Subs in Franchise

Postby JPMoneyman » Wed May 02, 2018 8:51 pm

jose21crisis wrote:I was trying to do some adjustments to the defensive formations each team has to make their subs more realistic. I went to the Subs menu in my franchise, and I was met with this:
The Steelers have the "3-4" playbook assigned, so there is no reason for a 4-3 set to appear here. This appears on every single team, no matter which playbook they have assigned. Anyone knows why this happens?

From what I know it has been like this for as long as I can remember. The game seems to pretty much default to the 4-3 setup in Team Management.
There is a way to get it to work for you.
You need to begin a game and then go to formation subs within the pause menu. From here you can then make the changes you need to. These changes should stay the same for any subsequent games that you play until you change them.
As far as I know that's the only way to do it.
Unless someone else uses an editor or something?
But it will work if within the game you go to pause menu and then the strategy menu and then choose formation subs from there.
Good luck, I hope that helps.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Another thing you can do is open up your franchise in NZA 1.3. Go to the coaches tab, and make sure that your head coach and defensive coordinator both have the correct playbook AND defensive style selected.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat May 05, 2018 12:55 pm

JPMoneyman wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:I was trying to do some adjustments to the defensive formations each team has to make their subs more realistic. I went to the Subs menu in my franchise, and I was met with this:

From what I know it has been like this for as long as I can remember. The game seems to pretty much default to the 4-3 setup in Team Management.
There is a way to get it to work for you.
You need to begin a game and then go to formation subs within the pause menu. From here you can then make the changes you need to. These changes should stay the same for any subsequent games that you play until you change them.
As far as I know that's the only way to do it.
Unless someone else uses an editor or something?
But it will work if within the game you go to pause menu and then the strategy menu and then choose formation subs from there.
Good luck, I hope that helps.

The weird thing is that I can deal with Offensive Subs just fine. I'm trying to do those subs for CPU vs. CPU games for every team, so that would imply getting into a game as a team, doing the subs then exiting the game, then play as the other team, doing the subs for that teams, then exiting again?

RevanFan wrote:Another thing you can do is open up your franchise in NZA 1.3. Go to the coaches tab, and make sure that your head coach and defensive coordinator both have the correct playbook AND defensive style selected.

I reordered every coach on the same team to have the same playbook and defensive scheme, that didn't cut it sadly. Did it in MaddenAMP because any coach that has the Trick Plays playbook (About 3-4 coaches in my franchise) would give an error in MaddenAMP.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

JPMoneyman
All-Pro

Postby JPMoneyman » Sat May 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Um Yeah. Like I said it seems that the defensive subs tend to default as the 4-3 scheme. Like Revan Fan said you would need to set the playbooks for all the teams. And it still defaults? I come from the perspective of just playing as one player so for me that was the way it worked for me. The one positive is that you only need to do it once in one game and then it stays the same always. You don't need to keep changing it (unless you want different players in different packages from game to game?). I would assume that if you have any teams that are running a 4-3 type defensive scheme you should be able to change the subs within the team management screen. It would just be for the teams with 3-4 packages I suppose. I see how that is probably extremely tedious if you are playing CPU vs CPU for all teams. All I know is that is what worked for me when I ran the 3-4 scheme. You would probably only need to do the change for week 1 in the regular season though so if you could live with that.... then my simple way of doing it works. The best option (if that is too much of a hassle- which I think it will be using all the teams!) I think is to probably find a fix to it using an editor or something. Sadly I don't have the experience with that to say more on it. Guys like Revan Fan, RogerJinx, and all those other guys who do lots of modding and use the editors regularly are the best guys to ask. They would know far more than me and would probably help you find a much less time consuming solution.

Return to “Troubleshooting”