Controller Craziness

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
octoburn
Rookie

Controller Craziness

Postby octoburn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:53 pm

I have a Snakebyte (generic PS3 controller) that I have used for years. I recently did a system restore, had to reinstall Madden, and the controls for the pad have gone a bit crazy.

Madden now recognizes the pad as a Thrustmaster game pad. I don't recall what it recognized it as before, but I know it wasn't Thrustmaster. It was either Logitech or Gravis (90% sure it said Gravis before), but as I said, it wasn't Thrustmaster before. I believe this is what's throwing the controls out of whack.

After a lot of searching, I tried many remedies for the right analog problem, to no avail. Also, using the "Thrustmaster" layout reverses the pause and timeout buttons (start/select) so that when I do try to play it, I'm constantly calling timeouts when I want to pause the game.

The right analog does not work AT ALL. Before the restore, I had to go left-right instead of forwards-back, but I could deal with that. Now I have ZERO options at kickoff, so I literally cannot play a game.

Any idea what I could do as a workaround to get this going so I can actually play games? I can only sim so much :D :D

EDIT I found a fix, through Calhoupe's scripts. Thanks :)

Controller Craziness

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Troubleshooting”