After updating WIN 10 starts crashing during any matches

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
siewe
Rookie

Postby siewe » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Yesterday, my f***ng windows 10 started updating and then, after that, when I playing match first 2 mins it's good but after it's randomly crashes in singleplayer and in online.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: After updating WIN 10 starts crashing during any matches

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 pm

siewe wrote:Yesterday, my f***ng windows 10 started updating and then, after that, when I playing match first 2 mins it's good but after it's randomly crashes in singleplayer and in online.

Please search the forum before posting, as your problem may have already been found. The latest version of Windows 10 causes Madden to crash whenever there is a penalty. The only fix is to run the game through calhoupe's scripts.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

siewe
Rookie

Postby siewe » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks, it's only solution to fix this now? And can I play with scripts online if all settings are off?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 pm

siewe wrote:Thanks, it's only solution to fix this now? And can I play with scripts online if all settings are off?

Just make sure both you and your opponent have the scripts to be safe. And yes, this is the only solution.
My Cowboys Journal

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:52 pm

simple fix is to do a system restore or rollback of the update.....all will be fine....as long as you have a restore point or windows ISO/DVD to rollback to the prev version of windows.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:12 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:simple fix is to do a system restore or rollback of the update.....all will be fine....as long as you have a restore point or windows ISO/DVD to rollback to the prev version of windows.....

I can't recommend this. Windows updates, while they are annoying, are important for security reasons. And you'll be forced to have them eventually. Plus, things can go wrong when doing a rollback. If Windows 10 is working fine for you, just use calhoupe's scripts.
My Cowboys Journal

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:41 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:simple fix is to do a system restore or rollback of the update.....all will be fine....as long as you have a restore point or windows ISO/DVD to rollback to the prev version of windows.....

I can't recommend this. Windows updates, while they are annoying, are important for security reasons. And you'll be forced to have them eventually. Plus, things can go wrong when doing a rollback. If Windows 10 is working fine for you, just use calhoupe's scripts.

Unfortunately I can't report a 100% success rate using Calhoupe's scripts.

In fact, it's more like a 30% success rate...

The only thing that worked for me was setting up Dual Boot whereby I found an older version of Windows 10's .iso file, went into the partition manager and split my SSD into two, and installed the older version of Windows 10 on the other half of my SSD.

It sucks having to restart my PC every time I want to play Madden, but it's unfortunately the only way at this point.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:51 pm

ycleped wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

The only thing that worked for me was setting up Dual Boot whereby I found an older version of Windows 10's .iso file, went into the partition manager and split my SSD into two, and installed the older version of Windows 10 on the other half of my SSD.

It sucks having to restart my PC every time I want to play Madden, but it's unfortunately the only way at this point.

This thread contains the only reports I've seen of calhoupe's scripts not working. I find that surprising.

You should set up the debugging and report to calhoupe when it crashes so he can see if he can make it work for everyone.
My Cowboys Journal

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:01 pm

ycleped wrote:Unfortunately I can't report a 100% success rate using Calhoupe's scripts.

Did you make sure you're using his absolute newest version, along with administrator mode just to be extra sure? A couple of his older versions fixed the penalty crashes, but still had crashes when showing play art on certain plays like nickel formation's "Overload".

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 pm

ycleped wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

This is exactly how I have my setup. All of my games are on one separate partition on my hdd. It's the best method to avoid corrupting games with windows updates/internet....and it works :) Plus as you mentioned with W8/10 dual boot you can use different builds on different partitions without messing up the bootloader....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Troubleshooting”