Madden Crashes When a Flag is Thrown

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
catfood9000
Rookie

Postby catfood9000 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been playing madden 08 on pc for a while, but an update recently to windows 10 has caused the game to freeze. Every time a flag is thrown the game freezes and won't let me continue. Everything else works great until that happens. Is this a common issue? I apologize if you have already addressed this in the past. Thanks for your help!

I have tried to revert back to an older version to run the game and nothing changes, it still freezes as soon as a penalty occurs.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden Crashes When a Flag is Thrown

Postby Danchat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:27 pm

When you're trying to figure out what went wrong, head for the "Basic Troubleshooting Checklist" topic that's on the Announcements tab. Your problem is on there at point #10: you need to run Calhoupe's Madden Scripts to stop the crashing. The link is here:
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16466
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:50 am

catfood9000 wrote:Hey everyone,

I have been playing madden 08 on pc for a while, but an update recently to windows 10 has caused the game to freeze. Every time a flag is thrown the game freezes and won't let me continue. Everything else works great until that happens. Is this a common issue? I apologize if you have already addressed this in the past. Thanks for your help!

I have tried to revert back to an older version to run the game and nothing changes, it still freezes as soon as a penalty occurs.

Do a system restore via windows control panel to an earlier date when madden was working....this should fix your problem....but as mentioned before its due to windows update and latest windows 1709 build that causes this crash....sadly we have to wait for MS to get off their butt and fix it until the use 1703 build is my recommendation....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:50 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
catfood9000 wrote:Hey everyone,

Do a system restore via windows control panel to an earlier date when madden was working....this should fix your problem....but as mentioned before its due to windows update and latest windows 1709 build that causes this crash....sadly we have to wait for MS to get off their butt and fix it until the use 1703 build is my recommendation....

I reeeaaaalllly wouldn't recommend using an old version of Windows. Windows updates do a great deal in keeping the computer secured, and Windows won't be fixing Madden's crashing because the problem is in an obsolete, 10 year old game. Thousands of games have become unusable through different Windows versions and updates, and Madden is now one of them. With no Windows fix coming, Calhoupe's program is the only way to play Madden while using a secure computer.

omun76
Rookie

Postby omun76 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 pm

I'm using Calhoupe's most recent file and it's crashing after one penalty. Is there a simple way to fix this without compromising the rules? I'm not as tech savvy as a lot of you guys seem to be.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:13 pm

omun76 wrote:I'm using Calhoupe's most recent file and it's crashing after one penalty. Is there a simple way to fix this without compromising the rules? I'm not as tech savvy as a lot of you guys seem to be.

The only way to fix it is to run the game through calhoupe's scripts or use an older version of Windows. Calhoupe's scripts should work for fixing the issue. Using an older version of Windows is not recommended.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

omun76
Rookie

Postby omun76 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:46 am

RevanFan wrote:
omun76 wrote:I'm using Calhoupe's most recent file and it's crashing after one penalty. Is there a simple way to fix this without compromising the rules? I'm not as tech savvy as a lot of you guys seem to be.

The only way to fix it is to run the game through calhoupe's scripts or use an older version of Windows. Calhoupe's scripts should work for fixing the issue. Using an older version of Windows is not recommended.

I'm wasn't talking about running an older version of window. I was referring to not playing without penalties during the game. I ran the game through Calhoupe's 1.69 script from 12/21. Is there a newer that I don't know about?

omun76
Rookie

Postby omun76 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:45 am

At this point, I'm not sure if it's the script (1.69 12/21), the windows fall update, or my computer. Either way I'm done with all of this crashing and freezing. I really enjoyed playing this version of Madden as you all went above and beyond to make the 08 a blast. The selfish and conceited folks at EA should take notes from you all. Thanks, but I'll find something else to play.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:24 am

omun76 wrote:At this point, I'm not sure if it's the script (1.69 12/21), the windows fall update, or my computer. Either way I'm done with all of this crashing and freezing. I really enjoyed playing this version of Madden as you all went above and beyond to make the 08 a blast. The selfish and conceited folks at EA should take notes from you all. Thanks, but I'll find something else to play.

don't give up lol....make a dual boot with windows 8.1 and run madden in that.....just search google making a dual boot computer is super easy as long as you have hard drive space, are comfortable making a separate partition, and have a windows OS usb/disc to install windows from.....

you can even have it setup as I have....dual boot windows 10 64 bit ....enterprise for my office/internet type work.....and pro on a separate partition for gaming alone....it works flawlessly plus the added benefit of being the same windows 10 bootloader means if the bootloader gets wiped on one partition accidentally I can still boot into windows 10 (either pro or enterprise) using the remaining bootloader......
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

catfood9000
Rookie

Postby catfood9000 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks everyone I am going to try calhoupe's scripts and see how it goes. I will let you know!

Return to “Troubleshooting”