Madden Crashes When a Flag is Thrown

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
catfood9000
Rookie

Re: Madden Crashes When a Flag is Thrown

Postby catfood9000 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:20 am

Update: I followed all the steps for calhoupe's scripts. Unfortunately it still freezes when a flag is thrown.

Is there a certain script I am supposed to enable? Even when launching the game from scripts, it's still freezing.

Did I do something wrong?

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:17 pm

catfood9000 wrote:Update: I followed all the steps for calhoupe's scripts. Unfortunately it still freezes when a flag is thrown.

Is there a certain script I am supposed to enable? Even when launching the game from scripts, it's still freezing.

I do this way...

Open the game like always, or with Texmod for some mods...
Right after the game start, alt+tab, open calhoupe's scripts (I still with 1.67, i guess)
Back to your game...

you don't need click anywhere...

catfood9000
Rookie

Postby catfood9000 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:03 pm

Okay, I will give that a shot and let you know! Thanks!

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:12 pm

catfood9000 wrote:Update: I followed all the steps for calhoupe's scripts. Unfortunately it still freezes when a flag is thrown.

Are you using W10? Are you loading the game correctly? I know that some guys open madden first, but I have found that using the 1.69 version first, then use it to open TexMod and then use TexMod to open Madden (or just click the 'Launch Madden' button right away) works the best for me. Check my instructional video out at http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110294#p110294. It sounds just like a 1709 update issue from MS and if you use the 1.69 version of the scripts it fixes that. From what I have read, the problem is that with the 1709 update, MS made the memory addresses that get used for the penalties, inoperable. A lot of older games are not playable now because of it. Thanks to calhoupe that is not the case with M08.
Have you completed the "Basic Troubleshooting Guide" found at http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15 as recommended by Danchat above?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:14 pm

achernar wrote:

I do this way...

Right after the game start, alt+tab, open calhoupe's scripts (I still with 1.67, i guess)
Back to your game...

What version of windows are you using with the 1.67 version of the scripts?

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:11 am

madden07eurocat wrote:
achernar wrote:

I do this way...

Back to your game...

Win10

I have this fall update problem...

before this, I only used the calhoupe NCAA Scripts.. (they're awesome)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:50 am

achernar wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:
achernar wrote:

I do this way...

Back to your game...

Win10

I have this fall update problem...

before this, I only used the calhoupe NCAA Scripts.. (they're awesome)

Use version 1.69. I'm not sure when the 1709 problem was fixed, but I know the latest version works.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

catfood9000
Rookie

Postby catfood9000 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:40 am

madden07eurocat wrote:

Are you using W10? Are you loading the game correctly? I know that some guys open madden first, but I have found that using the 1.69 version first, then use it to open TexMod and then use TexMod to open Madden (or just click the 'Launch Madden' button right away) works the best for me. Check my instructional video out at http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110294#p110294. It sounds just like a 1709 update issue from MS and if you use the 1.69 version of the scripts it fixes that. From what I have read, the problem is that with the 1709 update, MS made the memory addresses that get used for the penalties, inoperable. A lot of older games are not playable now because of it. Thanks to calhoupe that is not the case with M08.
Have you completed the "Basic Troubleshooting Guide" found at http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15 as recommended by Danchat above?

Thanks eurocat, I have windows 10 and have the game on a dvd disc. I tried both ways of starting the game and still have issues with the flags. I dowloaded the latest version of scripts, but I wasn't sure if I had to enable something specific. I will watch the instructional video today at lunch and see if that helps. I haven't been on my laptop to fiddle with it yet but I will give it a shot soon. Thanks to everyone willing to help!

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 am

catfood9000 wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:

Thanks eurocat, I have windows 10 and have the game on a dvd disc. I tried both ways of starting the game and still have issues with the flags. I dowloaded the latest version of scripts, but I wasn't sure if I had to enable something specific. I will watch the instructional video today at lunch and see if that helps. I haven't been on my laptop to fiddle with it yet but I will give it a shot soon. Thanks to everyone willing to help!

Nothing specific that I know of. Calhoupe coded this to work apart from specific scripts. If you start the game from the 1.69 gui then you should be fine.

catfood9000
Rookie

Postby catfood9000 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:43 am

Success! I removed scripts and re-downloaded the stand alone game and scripts 1.69 and I now have no further problems! The troubleshooting videos are very helpful. I am going to watch more of those as well.

Now I can start looking into modding the game! Specifically jersey and logo updates. Any recommendations?

Thank you all for helping! I am very glad I can play the game again!

Return to “Troubleshooting”