Mac User - Mouse is Off

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
MCCraeFresh
Rookie

Mac User - Mouse is Off

Postby MCCraeFresh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi all, Mac on the Mac again.

After updating to HighSierra OS on my MBP, I am unfortunately no longer able to play Franchise mode on Madden, and here is why.

Prior to opening the game, my mouse is normally calibrated or whatever. After I open the game, the mouse is off. What I mean by that is, if I move the cursor over the "Play Now" option, the option is not highlighted and I cannot click it. However, if I simply move the cursor up a few inches, the option is highlighted.

Now, I can go INTO the Franchise mode, and load it, but then, the cursor is recognized almost the length of the full screen ABOVE the cursor icon. The "play game" option is at the bottom of the screen in Franchise mode, so I cannot select that option, thus, disabling me from playing the game.

Anyone know a way to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Mac User - Mouse is Off

Sponsor

Sponsor

MCCraeFresh
Rookie

Re: Mac User - Mouse is Off

Postby MCCraeFresh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Also, because I feel this might be pertinent information, I am not running Madden 08 through the Wineskin Winery.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 am

MCCraeFresh wrote:Also, because I feel this might be pertinent information, I am not running Madden 08 through the Wineskin Winery.

Moved topic to a better location. Also, you can edit your previous posts if you have new info to add.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jws160130
Rookie

Postby jws160130 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Having the same issue without success. Will keep you updated if I find any solution.

georgeleao
Rookie

Postby georgeleao » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:18 pm

jws160130 wrote:Having the same issue without success. Will keep you updated if I find any solution.

Any solution friends? I have the same problem since I upgraded to HIGH SIERRA On a PC I saw that by changing the% text size to below 150% the mouse reappears. But on a mac I have not found out yet

Hype
Veteran

Postby Hype » Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 am

This happens to me too, anyone find a fix?

MCCraeFresh
Rookie

Postby MCCraeFresh » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:00 am

Still no luck on this :( Anyone have any ideas or know what to do? The game is practically unplayable now and I would really like to play again.

aaron.joshua
Rookie

Postby aaron.joshua » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:31 pm

BUMP
Same problem I tried to play around with the resolutions on the main menu screen and it didnt do anything. Any help would be appreciated as I desperately want to play madden 08 franchise with the 2019 rosters!

Geelow98
Veteran

Postby Geelow98 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:20 pm

The only solution I know of is to press Command-Return to go into windowed mode. If you are trying to play full screen, then I don't know how to fix the problem because I have it too.
MADDEN 08 PC FOREVER LIVES STRONG
GO BIRDS!

MCCraeFresh
Rookie

Postby MCCraeFresh » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi there folks! I have fantastic news!

Today, I updated my OS to Mojave and the issue has fixed itself! We of the Mac-Madden community can now return to playing this game we love! Amen!

Return to “Troubleshooting”