Window Mode Issues

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
xxxJJJxxx
Veteran

Re: Window Mode Issues

Postby xxxJJJxxx » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:50 am

Well, Raven, you have helped a lot of people on these forums. I hate to see your issue go unfixed. These are the last ideas I have:

Does your 4k display happen to be a TV? If so, check to see if it has a gaming mode. I use a TV and I just tested without gaming mode on and it creates all sorts of weird issues when using my mouse. My mouse does not even move properly on the desktop. It does not make my mouse invisible in game though.

Have a Nvidia based GPU? Set scaling in the Nvidia Control Panel to Fullscreen instead of Aspect Ratio. Under the Display tab you will see "Adjust desktop size and position". Click that and you will see the option to change to Fullscreen scaling. If it is already on Fullscreen then switch it to Aspect Ratio and test that. I have never had an AMD GPU so I do not know how to do that with an AMD GPU.

Here comes the summary of Google searched ideas:

-Do you have an EVGA manufactured GPU? If so, it was reported that EVGA Precision X (16) was causing this issue on Windows 8.1. End the EVGA Precision processes in task manager to test if this is causing conflict.
-Change text font back to default size
-Disable mouse pointer trails
-Disable "Enable Pointer Shadow"
-Change the mouse pointer back to default if you are using a custom mouse icon
-Disable display scaling on high DPI settings in the compatibility tab for mainapp.exe and Madden08.exe
-Update display drivers
-Update mouse drivers
-Make sure to restart your PC just to make sure setting changes took effect

Now I have nothing left for you. I hope something here works. The mouse cursor disappearing in fullscreen is a fairly common issue that gets solved in almost every game thread that has reported it so it seems something should fix it. I hope you have found me helpful even if we did not fix it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:03 am

xxxJJJxxx wrote:Well, Raven, you have helped a lot of people on these forums. I hate to see your issue go unfixed. These are the last personal ideas I have:

Does your 4k display happen to be a TV? If so, check to see if it has a gaming mode. I use a TV and I just tested without gaming mode on and it creates all sorts of weird issues when using my mouse. My mouse does not even move properly on the desktop. It does not make my mouse invisible in game though.

Have a Nvidia based GPU? Set scaling in the Nvidia Control Panel to Fullscreen instead of Aspect Ratio. Under the Display tab you will see "Adjust desktop size and position". Click that and you will see the option to change to Fullscreen scaling. I have never had an AMD GPU so I do not know how to do that with an AMD GPU.

Here comes the summary of Google searched ideas:

-Do you have an EVGA manufactured GPU? If so, it was reported that EVGA Precision X (16) was causing this issue on Windows 8.1. End the EVGA Precision processes in task manager to test if this is causing conflict.
-Change text font back to default size
-Disable mouse pointer trails
-Disable "Enable Pointer Shadow"
-Change the mouse pointer back to default if you are using a custom mouse icon
-Disable display scaling on high DPI settings in the capability tab for mainapp.exe and Madden08.exe
-Update display drivers
-Update mouse drivers
-Make sure to restart your PC just to make sure setting changes took effect

Now I have nothing left for you. I hope something here works. The mouse cursor disappearing in fullscreen is a fairly common issue that gets solved in almost every game thread that has reported it so it seems something should fix it. I hope you have found me helpful even if we did not fix it.

First, it's Revan, not Raven.

Okay, onto the points.

1. It's a monitor, not a TV.
2. Attempted fullscreen scaling. Didn't help.
3. No, it's MSI.
4. The default was 150%, though I did try 100%. Didn't work. This was originally one of the issues for me on Windows 7, but now it seems to have no effect.
5 and 6. Both already off.
7. Already using default icon.
8. High DPI adjustments did not work.
9 and 10. Drivers are up to date.
11. No change.

Thanks for the attempts to help, but I fear I won't be able to find a fix other than using a different monitor, which I'm not willing to do. I PMed calhoupe, asking if he can look into forcing window mode. I'll just have to wait for him.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

xxxJJJxxx
Veteran

Postby xxxJJJxxx » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:10 am

Apologies for the name mistake. Sorry nothing has helped. Asking Calhoupe is a great idea. If he is able to I hope he will also allow me to download the window mode as well.

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:18 pm

RevanFan wrote:I played Madden in Window Mode on my old Windows 7 computer, and it worked perfectly. I just installed it on my new Windows 10 computer, and I can't for the life of me get ALT+ENTER to do crap all. Any advice? I need to have it working, because I have a 4K monitor, and the mouse is completely invisible.

Apologies, I don't know what could be causing the issue, but just wanted to let you know I play on a 4k TV at 2560x1600 with no issues, so 4k in itself shouldn't be the problem.

Do you have the setting on in Calhoupe's scripts that forces everything to 1080p? Could that be messing with it? I have that disabled.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 pm

tomkatt wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I played Madden in Window Mode on my old Windows 7 computer, and it worked perfectly. I just installed it on my new Windows 10 computer, and I can't for the life of me get ALT+ENTER to do crap all. Any advice? I need to have it working, because I have a 4K monitor, and the mouse is completely invisible.

Apologies, I don't know what could be causing the issue, but just wanted to let you know I play on a 4k TV at 2560x1600 with no issues, so 4k in itself shouldn't be the problem.

Do you have the setting on in Calhoupe's scripts that forces everything to 1080p? Could that be messing with it? I have that disabled.

That is disabled, and I tried to enable it. No dice either way.
My Cowboys Journal

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:29 pm

3D Analyze

NickyJ gave this tip
Couple years ago

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:10 pm

achernar wrote:3D Analyze

NickyJ gave this tip
Couple years ago

Didn't work. Mouse still went invisible when the game loaded. The only way to get it to work is the game's default ALT+ENTER window mode.
My Cowboys Journal

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:59 pm

I will get a 4K tv next week
will look for this issue

Return to “Troubleshooting”