Need help with broken roster (SOLVED)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
xxxJJJxxx
Veteran

Postby xxxJJJxxx » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:22 am

I have a broken roster that I am having a hard time fixing. Looking for some help if anyone has some suggestions. Here is what I have done:

-I edited a 1986 roster so all the players ratings matched real life statistics. The base roster, itself, is not the issue as I have used it all the way to 1992 without problems (before deciding to edit it myself).
-I made all players 22 years old
-I reset all player career statistics
-I created around 50 players for testing purposes
-I deleted a lot of players, mostly WRs
-I edited Coach ratings
-I moved Coaches between teams and free agency
-I reset Coach career stats
-I made all Coaches signed to a team 20 years old and every Coach in free agency 99 years old (so they would retire at the end of the season without me having to manually reset their stats)
-I gave all Coaches 7 year contracts (except free agents)
-I matched all Coaching schemes and playbooks to the team they are signed to

Issue 1:
When I start a franchise with this roster I select to user control every team. During the Drill screen every team is there, including the Lions and Chargers. However, once I progress to the actual preseason the Lions and Chargers are missing from the Team Management list. When I load the franchise in NZA it says I control all teams. When I load the franchise in MaddenAmp4 it says I do not control the Lions or the Chargers. However, when I change it to user control in MaddenAmp4, save, and reload the franchise the teams are still missing from the Team Management list. When I go back and reload the franchise into MaddenAmp4 it now says I am in control of the teams there as well even though I am not. I also tried to do a fantasy draft and I was able to draft with the Lions and Chargers but when the preseason started they were still not under my control. Even if I start the franchise as just the Lions under user control only, or the Chargers, I cannot do anything with the team like reorder the depth chart or substitutions because it says it is CPU controlled. As far as outside the franchise, I can load the roster and play an exhibition game with the Lions and Chargers and there are no issues.

Issue 2:
When I choose to ignore the issue above and try to fast sim the franchise, the top and bottom grey bars that appear when simulating, quickly appear and disappear and no simulation is done. When trying to play the first preseason game (which has the Lions in it) it will not load to the side selection screen. If I start the franchise and only select 1 team to user control, then attempt to fast sim, the game stalls during a player signing. I say stall because the game does not freeze, nor hang, nor stop responding. It is just stuck with the pop up of the player that was signed from free agency and the game has to be forced closed anyway.

My attempts to resolve the issues myself:
I have followed this thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15 and browsed the forums for a while looking for a similar issue. Regardless, I have been unable to fix the roster myself and that is why I am asking for help from the community. One question that I have in regards to the Troubleshooting Guide is Step 6: "Make sure there are enough free agents available at each position. If there are none available at a certain position, release players from teams until enough free agents are available". How many free agents are there supposed to be at each position? Some positions (like QB) I only have 16 free agents. Does there need to be at least 32 players per position in free agency (one for each team)?

Sponsor

Sponsor

xxxJJJxxx
Veteran

Re: Need help with broken roster.

Postby xxxJJJxxx » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:24 am

I solved my issue of not being able to take control of specific teams. Posting the fix just in case someone else has a similar problem.

One or more of the coaches for the Lions and Chargers are "corrupted" in some way. If I move all coaches from the Lions and Chargers to the free agency and move coaches from free agency to those team then everything works fine. If I switch them back again then I have the same issue. I don't really feel like testing each of the 8 individual coaches to see if the issue is specific to one of them.

Keep in mind that all the coaches signed to a team have the same exact values. Same contracts, salary, age, ratings, ect. This is why I am saying one or more of these coaches are corrupt. I spent a LONG time messing with the players roster and free agency thinking that was the issue because these broken coaches have the same exact values as coaches on working teams. Something has to be wrong with these specific coaches but I don't know what it would be but this is not really that important as I can just name the coaches whatever I want. These coaches will be the Bugged Family.

xxxJJJxxx
Veteran

Re: Need help with broken roster.

Postby xxxJJJxxx » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:23 pm

To anyone who is interested I discovered what corrupted my coaches. It isn't the standard coaches that are corrupted. NZA's editor is randomly creating duplicate coaches and it seems these are the corrupted ones. For example, my roster has 230 coaches but NZA only sees 214. I loaded the base roster (before I did any editing) in NZA to find that the total coaches on the roster is 214. This means every time NZA creates a duplicate coach I don't think the game actually sees it. Adding one of these coaches to a team seems to make the game think the team is missing a coach. I know NZA is creating duplicate coaches because I literally just finished editing one on the Lions, changed to the Packers, then right back to the Lions and there was 5 coaches instead of 4 and the new 5th coach had the same name and values of a coach I just edited.

Return to “Troubleshooting”